PDA

View Full Version : Locked Argo's, Broken Finger, Did She Hit My Truck?, I Gotta Go Pee.

Rock Doctor
04-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Now that I got your attention:)

Took the girls out for a ride last evening. Interesting trip to say the least. Several "firsts" in one trip, lol.

Little bit longer than most of my vids, but I think it turned out rather well. Wife actually watched this one, it was hard to tell if she was amused or concerned at what we get ourselves into when she's not there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKIKGJ93heE

RD

Mike_W
04-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Good stuff man good to see how patient you are with your daughters and you can see it pays off with all the fun they are having.

mooseknuckle
04-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Great Video, hope your finger heals up. I think your little one might be trying to tell you something.... get a new truck!!

FishBrain
04-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Awesome!!!!
Good for you man. Looks like your finger hurts, cant count how many times you had to look at it. lol

horsetrader
04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Great video the girls can operate the argo amazingly good you did a good job

eastcoast
04-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I guess I will be the first one to bring this thread down, why are the kids not wearing helmets?

fish_e_o
04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I guess I will be the first one to bring this thread down, why are the kids not wearing helmets?

lol because they're going 2 km/h on 2 feet of fluffy white stuff

eastcoast
04-05-2011, 02:24 PM
lol because they're going 2 km/h on 2 feet of fluffy white stuff

did you watch the video?

they were climbing hills,towing,going fast etc, I am not here to try and preach to anybody and what the guy did with his kids was cool, but I never ever get on a quad/dirtbike/argo without a helmet,no exception and I would never let a child either, I have learned the hard way believe me it's not fun.

thumper
04-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Love it!
Those little girls will grow up to be confident, self-sufficient, well adjusted young ladies, and then on to make a difference in their world.
Good on you for enabling them!

JB_AOL
04-05-2011, 02:46 PM
To each their own, but, my version would've included helmets & I would've stayed in the field. If I was to leave that field, I would've had another adult in the other argo.

Let's just say you were being alot safer than this guy on another forum I frequent. He was teaching his 5 yr old girl to drive. She was sitting on his lap, he was holding the video camera and this was happening in a walmart parking lot on a saturday morning.

DAVE
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Love it!
Those little girls will grow up to be confident, self-sufficient, well adjusted young ladies, and then on to make a difference in their world.
Good on you for enabling them!

x2 a nice thread blossoms then the DANDELIONS start to come out.

trakker9
04-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Your parents , your wifes parents, your wife and your children must all be very proud of you as a father, as a partner, as a son and as a son-in-law. Your love and kindness for your children really shows here. Way to go.

TreeGuy
04-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Fantastic vid, RD. Kudos to you sir on being 'The best Dad EVER'! :lol:

threeforthree
04-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Your parents , your wifes parents, your wife and your children must all be very proud of you as a father, as a partner, as a son and as a son-in-law. Your love and kindness for your children really shows here. Way to go.

x2

Rock Doctor
04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Great Video, hope your finger heals up. I think your little one might be trying to tell you something.... get a new truck!!

That is my new truck:thinking-006:

I am not here to try and preach to anybody and what the guy did with his kids was cool, but I never ever get on a quad/dirtbike/argo without a helmet,no exception and I would never let a child either, I have learned the hard way believe me it's not fun.

I've never seen a guy in an Argo with a helmet on, but in this case I do agree with you. The trip was just going to be a putput around the yard but got a little carried away. Now that they are getting a little older, and the terrain is getting a little more challenging, I am thinking about putting buckets on them. They do wear them on the quads, but normally, the argo rides are pretty tame. I'm not going to cover them with "bubble wrap", but a little safety is a good thing:budo:.

You do sound a bit like you're preaching though:thinking-006:

Peace
RD

flyguyd
04-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Cool video RD thanks for sharing.

eastcoast
04-05-2011, 05:27 PM
That is my new truck:thinking-006:

I've never seen a guy in an Argo with a helmet on, but in this case I do agree with you. The trip was just going to be a putput around the yard but got a little carried away. Now that they are getting a little older, and the terrain is getting a little more challenging, I am thinking about putting buckets on them. They do wear them on the quads, but normally, the argo rides are pretty tame. I'm not going to cover them with "bubble wrap", but a little safety is a good thing:budo:.

You do sound a bit like you're preaching though:thinking-006:

Peace
RD

while argo's are safer than quads they are alot heavier and harder to lift off.

I have several friends with bad accidents on quads skidoo's etc some with brain injuries cause they weren't wearing a helmet, I skidded backwards off my bro's banshee one time hooked a rut and slammed backwards into a huge rock luckily I had a helmet on,it broke but I was fine just a damaged ego, and the little rides are always the ones that end up being 45 minutes long, or the ones at the end of the day.

I have a simple rule keys turned ahead then the helmet is on it's easy to remember , I have been riding since I was 5 I am 30 now and that has been everything quads,dirtbikes,side by sides,seadoo's argo's etc thousands and maybe tens of thousands of hours on them ,where I grew up a quad was like a car we wore them out 50000 km in 4 years kinda thing, I never get on one unless I have a helmet and chest protector and boots.the kids learn from watching you.

Coldone
04-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Dude wears a helmet on a seadoo? Meh to each their own...

Regardless... Looks like a hell of a good time! Thanks for postin the vids! And keep in mind everyone's got an opinion. Some are just wrong lol..

RandyBoBandy
04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
PRICELESS!!!!:):) How in the heck can these little daughters drive an argo way better than me?? TOP NOTCH video RD!! Well done sir!!

eastcoast
04-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Dude wears a helmet on a seadoo? Meh to each their own...

Regardless... Looks like a hell of a good time! Thanks for postin the vids! And keep in mind everyone's got an opinion. Some are just wrong lol..
ever crash into water at 80 kmh?

Jamie
04-05-2011, 07:18 PM

I think a better questions is this...

Why are you asking? What business is it of yours?

Jamie

eastcoast
04-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I think a better questions is this...

Why are you asking? What business is it of yours?

Jamiecause he posted the video, are we not to respond to what a guy posts on the internet when he posted it to get reviews over it,or should we just post positive reviews over it,or should I run it by you first to see if you approve of it?

would you comment if someone posted a video of an adult handing a small child a gun without the safety on, would you comment if it was a video was children in a car without a seatbelt? whatever adults do is fine with me but teaching children to be unsafe is not cool.

Jamie
04-05-2011, 07:37 PM
cause he posted the video, are we not to respond to what a guy posts on the internet when he posted it to get reviews over it,or should we just post positive reviews over it,or should I run it by you first to see if you approve of it?

would you comment if someone posted a video of an adult handing a small child a gun without the safety on, would you comment if it was a video was children in a car without a seatbelt? whatever adults do is fine with me but teaching children to be unsafe is not cool.

Oh.. I am sorry. I guess I missed the part where A/O appointed you the top “know it all” on the board. Was it big coronation?

You got nothing positive to say.. Then don’t comment, just move along to the next thread. It's attitudes like your post that bring down this place and discourage people from contributing.

You have a big issue with how he raises his kids, send him a PM.

Jamie

RandyBoBandy
04-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Oh.. I am sorry. I guess I missed the part where A/O appointed you the top “know it all” on the board. Was it big coronation?

You got nothing positive to say.. Then don’t comment, just move along to the next thread. It's attitudes like your post that bring down this place and discourage people from contributing.

Jamie

X2 ^^^^ what he said!

denpacc
04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
RD,

Kudos to the video and you as a dad! Even with a busted up finger you kept your humor, good on ya.

demolition101
04-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Fantastic video. I want an Argo now for my daughter...lol "If they never fall, they never learn how to live"

220swifty
04-05-2011, 09:43 PM
cause he posted the video, are we not to respond to what a guy posts on the internet when he posted it to get reviews over it,or should we just post positive reviews over it,or should I run it by you first to see if you approve of it?

Someone ban this ass, his trolling is getting tired.

Rockdoc, good on ya for putting controls in the hands of your kids that aren't attached to a TV. You can bet I will do the same in a few years.

eastcoast
04-06-2011, 08:26 AM

Jamie

You got nothing positive to say..

apparently neither do you, but I guess that whole pot kettle thing is over your head:)

Chinchaga Hermit
04-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Someone ban this ass, his trolling is getting tired.

Rockdoc, good on ya for putting controls in the hands of your kids that aren't attached to a TV. You can bet I will do the same in a few years.

x2

Tracker34
04-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Great video Rock Doctor. Good to see kids out having fun like that with their dad. My boys love it when I take them on the snowmobile. They are almost 2.
For those complaining about safety... I'm sure the dad here has that under control and doesn't need the help.

mudbug
04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Great video RD :sHa_shakeshout: I really enjoy watching the ones you post :)

roadkill
04-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Great video RD :sHa_shakeshout: I really enjoy watching the ones you post :)

+1. And by the way: If there was an award for best, most convoluted AO forum thread title, you'd be a shoo-in.