PDA

View Full Version : worst.. funny.. best permission storys

coorslight
04-05-2011, 04:41 PM
wat makes me mad is when only one guy thinks he is the only guy who cant hunt on that land.

I was hunt a quarter section by a coolie and i knew i would hunt on it we have a map highlighted but i gain perissom on a few feilds that day.

well driving some guy came ripping threw the feild saying only he could hunt on that feild that i was tresspassing and that he was calling the land owner immediatly.

I said go a head. he asked me if i knew who owned it i said ya i just cant remember the name but i garuntee i can ( the land was owened by a very close family freind) he called him asked if i was allowed and the land owner said yes of course he sure felt like a fool and kissed my but the rest of the season always try to tell me where all the big deer were.

hayseed
04-05-2011, 06:21 PM
This one time I went into my stand location, early, wind just right, one of them mornings when the old gut tells ya, this is it man...

I sneak in there, quietly, moreso quietly, than I have ever before, knowing almost which branch, or twig will alert my exact presence, to any game nearby....

Upon reaching my stand, still in the predawn, something... just something doesnt feel right.... its like something, or... someone is watching me...

I look up, someones in my stand. Only I have permission, on this property, ....no-one but me. My hand moves down, ever so slightly to my now weapon of choice, our eyes meet, mere feet away, and I shoot him, not once, but twice!!!!

I know I hit him, but never seen 'em since........

Cameras dont lie.....ever!!!

savage_logan
04-05-2011, 06:55 PM
This is a bad permission story.
First of all, the land i had permission on was right by the road. Last year while bowhunting, I had just slipped into my stand, had seen a couple deer out a ways, when I hear a deisel truck pull up on the road. I hear the doors slam close, the engine turn off, and then see a couple mulie does run past my stand. About a minute later three young guys wearing shorts and brightly colored t-shirts go running through the bush, chasing after the deer!:angry3: Two of them had bows, and the third had a shotgun, for grouse I'm guessing. They were talking and laughing the whole time, went right past my stand but never saw me. I was thinking about saying something but I didn't... maybe I should of? It just kind of wrecked my evening, I felt like telling these guys to get same motivation, do some scouting, put in some work, get permission and do more than just chase animals around the bush on foot, which in my mind, is really quite stupid because who's going to catch a deer on foot?
Anyways, that's my story of a wrecked hunt, hopefully it doesn't happen again anytime soon.

gatorhunter
04-05-2011, 07:01 PM
I hunt a quarter section by a coolie

You hunt by an Icelander! WT? :thinking-006:

Unless you meant "coulee" which is another name for gully! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

beerhunter
04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
This one time I went into my stand location, early, wind just right, one of them mornings when the old gut tells ya, this is it man...

I sneak in there, quietly, moreso quietly, than I have ever before, knowing almost which branch, or twig will alert my exact presence, to any game nearby....

Upon reaching my stand, still in the predawn, something... just something doesnt feel right.... its like something, or... someone is watching me...

I look up, someones in my stand. Only I have permission, on this property, ....no-one but me. My hand moves down, ever so slightly to my now weapon of choice, our eyes meet, mere feet away, and I shoot him, not once, but twice!!!!

I know I hit him, but never seen 'em since........

Cameras dont lie.....ever!!!

This camera must because I dont see any picture??????

hayseed
04-05-2011, 09:04 PM
This camera must because I dont see any picture??????

True story, and i have the pic, he knows who he is, and we have a mutual understanding,he frequents here from time to time.
Dont need permission to post it.. he needs permission where said was posted...get my drift??......er no??

big-river
04-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Er, no. Actually.

Bolete
04-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I had some asshat and his dog cross a field I was hunting in November. When I confronted him he got all defensive and starts arguing that he walks here all the time and I have no business hunting here, and he never sees deer here (while walking with his dog:snapoutofit:)
Now get this: it's my land.
After our brief conversation, I believe he understood that he was not welcome and hasn't been back since.

hayseed
04-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Er, no. Actually.

>>>>:bad_boys_20:.... someone help me out??

ram crazy
04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
One time My Uncle and I were hunting Mule Deer and a couple of guys from Calgary gave us hell for driving the coulees. They said they knew the land owner and were going to take licence plate and that we would never be allowed on the land again, that was right before my Uncle informed them who's land they were on!!!

nick0danger
04-05-2011, 10:30 PM
the nice lady today that got all excited when we asked if we could shoot more gophers in her horse pasture. i mean really excited like kids at christmas excited. she has a big gopher problem so much so i dont think we will be shooting anywhere else even our own family land.

LB 270
04-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Hey Nick, need any help? Good gopher shoot~!!!!!

dewalt18
04-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Yeah, Nick, let the rest of us in on the fun!!!

catnthehat
04-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Er, no. Actually.

Basicly hayseed has a hammer on the guy in case somethng "happens" !:)
Cat

nick0danger
04-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I have never been turned down, EVER when asking for permission to shoot gophers in a pasture. Just go for a drive and glass some fields, perhaps bring a landowners map with you. Farmers are really nice people, and people with horses tend to be even nicer when it comes to gopher shooting.

Mike_W
04-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Well well in the Boyle area on a moose bowhunt/goose duck hunting mission one day after not finding any moose or good fields we went into a burger joint in town and were eating in our camo when this famer comes in looks at us and says "you guys hunters" ...."While I got a bunch of geese on my land and I need someone to shoot them"...easiest permission/scout ever....oh yeah and he had a tonne of geese there nice mix of canadas snows and mallards too (couple thousand).

Slash8
04-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Once I was hunting some property where I've had permissionon for years, there was a couple of other guys who had permission as well but they were rarely seen and i'd never met them. Any way I had to go bad, you know, the old number 2. So I hang my jacket up on a tree, drop my laundry and proceede to drop one. In the distance I could hear a truck coming down the trail sure enough this guy pulls up to me while I'm dropping a load and says "Hey!, What are you doing?" I said "What the #$#@ does it look like I'm doing" He says "You got permission to be in here" I said "No actually, I have a fetish for getting trespassing fines for Shi##ing on peoples property" I then told him to go call Arthur the land owner and he'd tell him all about it. He says sorry and drives off. Never saw him again after that. It was one of those situations where ask your self after, Did that just really happen? LOL

fish_e_o
04-06-2011, 10:53 AM
i had a guy almost drive over me who didn't have permission to hunt where he was. i was sitting in some tall grass between fields at the edge of the trees waiting for the deer to come out and play. to get right into the tall grass i was in the break between the fences leaning up against the last post.

some deer come out a couple hundred yards away and i don't do anything because i'm sitting there with the crossbow and more will come out towards me. all of the sudden this white truck comes out of nowhere to go rip after the deer and he wants to go between fields where i'm sitting. i had to stand up and they slammed on their brakes to avoid hitting me. they promptly burned a U-turn in the field and took off.

no more deer came out and the cops ended up chasing them but then they lost them in town.