PDA

View Full Version : gopher fields near Lloydminster

Dashifter
04-06-2011, 12:07 AM
I am looking for farms near Lloyd where I can shoot gophers. If anyone can point me yo someone I would really appreciate it as I am new to the prairies from BC and know very few people.
shiftyschmidt@gmail.com
Randy Schmidt.

HunterDave
04-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Randy, go for a drive and knock on some doors. Farmers don't care much for gophers.

CeeZee
04-06-2011, 06:25 AM
I am looking for farms near Lloyd where I can shoot gophers. If anyone can point me yo someone I would really appreciate it as I am new to the prairies from BC and know very few people.
shiftyschmidt@gmail.com
Randy Schmidt.
how far you traveling for gophers? we are just over an hour from lloyd here.

Dashifter
04-07-2011, 12:27 AM
I will do some knocking on doors but in my limited experience it seems the farm houses aren't always anywhere lose to the great fields. Used to have a great valley for 3-4 years when ever we visited but last year it got popisoned completely clean. Right now I'm driving to Marwayne for one place this is not too great and another is about 40-50 min away. If you have a nice place to shoot and it is worthwhile I would gladly do an hour on a Sunday afternoon with my son. Where abouts are you? I have no idea whee Hughendon is.

CeeZee
04-07-2011, 07:00 AM
You will have to google map it, we are 15 mins south of wainwright and the gophers are just as common as the grass, easy to go shoot 40 or 50 in an hour(i think thats lots anyways) and right now they are still pretty dumb. There are some obsticle like cows and such.

Selkirk
04-07-2011, 08:07 AM
shiftyschmidt@gmail.com
Randy Schmidt.

Hmmm ... have you bought your Alberta Gopher Shooting License yet?!

TF ;)

nick0danger
04-07-2011, 09:43 AM
you can go to the county and pick up a land owners map, that should help you find some land owners.

Dashifter
04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Would it be city hall for county maps then?

tbiddy
04-09-2011, 12:11 AM
If your looking for anything west of Lloyd towards Vermilion it is the County of Vermilion River. I picked up a copy in Kitscoty at the town office.

So Nova *!%
04-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Hmmm ... have you bought your Alberta Gopher Shooting License yet?!

TF ;)

LOL LOL LOL its 7 am do you know where your laugh of the day is ?
Thank you :sHa_shakeshout:

Logandyck
06-10-2013, 09:37 PM
My brother and I only, are safe shooters, both with our PAL's, looking for a place that needs a lot of gophers taken care of ;)

Let me know
306-821-7452 (cell # text or call)