PDA

View Full Version : Harper

Jimboy
04-06-2011, 04:21 AM
Well l see THE MAN Stephen Harper is off to Toronto today to focus on jobs and free training for new immigrants , nice , very , very , nice man , just where l want my tax dollars to go.

deanmc
04-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Well l see THE MAN Stephen Harper is off to Toronto today to focus on jobs and free training for new immigrants , nice , very , very , nice man , just where l want my tax dollars to go.

Many people could learn a lesson from this. Politicians pay attention to immigrants issues because a very high percentage of them vote while only a few of us that were born here seem to bother.:mad0030:

rugatika
04-06-2011, 05:13 AM
I just heard yesterday that 1 in 5 employed people in Canada work for the government. Toooo many if you ask me. Should be more like 1 in 1000 people....and that is likely too high as well. Time to start shrinking government. It is a plague that is growing out of control.

blackpheasant
04-06-2011, 06:22 AM
SMALLER GOVERNMENT, LOWER TAXES, NEW JAILS to lock up more CREEPS, NO GUN REGISTRY, this is my UTOPIA.....Lets get the Immigrant vote this time around, GO STEVEN GO!!!!!!:):):sHa_shakeshout:

rhuntley12
04-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Good luck getting any politician to downsize the government to any extent. Too many votes lost when the freebies start going away.

209x50
04-06-2011, 07:37 AM
SMALLER GOVERNMENT, LOWER TAXES, NEW JAILS to lock up more CREEPS, NO GUN REGISTRY, this is my UTOPIA.....Lets get the Immigrant vote this time around, GO STEVEN GO!!!!!!:):):sHa_shakeshout:
But people on here want bigger government. Look at all the programs they are clamouring for right now. Training courses for crossbow hunters, training and licensing for pack dogs are just two for example. All these ideas cost in time and money and create useless government jobs.

eastcoast
04-06-2011, 08:32 AM

immigrants and old people vote the most, and training for immigrants is a good idea in the long term they will make more money and pay more taxes.

220swifty
04-06-2011, 08:38 AM
We are going to lose Canada as we know it to apathy. True story.

Okotokian
04-06-2011, 09:11 AM
, NEW JAILS to lock up more CREEPS,

Why do we need new jails? Use the ones we have. Not nice? too bad. My son had to share aroom in student residence at university, why shouldn't a killer have to do the same?

FishBrain
04-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Why do we need new jails? Use the ones we have. Not nice? too bad. My son had to share aroom in student residence at university, why shouldn't a killer have to do the same?

Exactly, and I bet you had to PAY for your son to share a room for his "education"

TheLegend
04-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I am all for the new fighter jets and jails and the gun registry abolished.
GO STEVEN GO!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

Iron Brew
04-06-2011, 09:48 AM
We have a terrible lot to choose from. Harper who guided the failure of the private member bill to ensure "our" support and money during this election, Taliban Jack and Iggy... well... :sick:

blackpheasant
04-06-2011, 11:28 AM

Once we rid the Country of the Liberal soft on crime culture we will need the extra space. Get back to the old"do the crime-do the time" sort of speak..

Redfrog
04-06-2011, 01:07 PM

How many people do you think are incarcerated in Canada in federal prisons?

I just want to know your guess.:)

chasingtail
04-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Okotokian
04-06-2011, 01:30 PM

I'll go with his guess, because I don't know and don't care.

Judges don't sentence repeat offenders to probation and early release because there is no room in prisons. They sentence them leniently because "jail is draconian, and this poor soul is just misguided. His lawyer says he has really changed, and I believe him. Everyone deserves a seventh chance."

blackpheasant
04-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I'll go with his guess, because I don't know and don't care.

Judges don't sentence repeat offenders to probation and early release because there is no room in prisons. They sentence them leniently because "jail is draconian, and this poor soul is just misguided. His lawyer says he has really changed, and I believe him. Everyone deserves a seventh chance."

Exactly, we must begin to replace some of these very Liberal Judges and start changing the Culture of the whole Justice system in this country....

hal53
04-06-2011, 01:35 PM
How many people do you think are incarcerated in Canada in federal prisons?

I just want to know your guess.:)
My guess is not mearly enough judging by the amount of crimes committed by repeat offenders and parolees

Redfrog
04-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Whaddaya mean you don't care. :angry3:

That guess may be correct, but I heard just over 14,000 last week.

In a country of 34 million to have 14.000 or 18000 in Federal prison boggles my mind.
How can our legal system be backed up and so inefficient, plea bargains, minimum sentences or worse no time at all and only those numbers incarcerated.

It's easy to see the Libs howling because Harper didn't tell how much more prisons were gonna cost and at the same time leave out these figures, They make it seem like 30 per cent of the population is under lock and key.

I also heard how much was spent to maintain the prison system. Equally surprising.

And Okie you better put away that pathetic apathetic mask and get involved. :angry3:

Donkey Oatey
04-06-2011, 02:13 PM
From wikipedia.

In 2001, Canada had about 32,000 people in prison or about 0.13% of the total population. The United States was the country with the highest number of people incarcerated. There were more than 2.2 million people living in jail (about 0.7% of the total population). The European average is of 0.2% of the total population, with France and Germany having lower rates than Canada, but with the United Kingdom, Spain and most of Eastern Europe having higher ones.

Redfrog
04-06-2011, 02:24 PM
From wikipedia.

In 2001, Canada had about 32,000 people in prison or about 0.13% of the total population. The United States was the country with the highest number of people incarcerated. There were more than 2.2 million people living in jail (about 0.7% of the total population). The European average is of 0.2% of the total population, with France and Germany having lower rates than Canada, but with the United Kingdom, Spain and most of Eastern Europe having higher ones.

The figures I heard were from 2007-2008 at just over 14. 000. It must be correct as I heard it on the electric radio.:)

Your numbers don't even make sense.:) In 2001 a lot more crooks were in gov't with the Libs in charge. And the touchy feely Libs wouldn't have more misunderstood voters locked up than the evil Conservatives ...........would they?:thinking-006:

Oh wait a minute. that 30.000 figure may be those incarcerated in provincial prisons across Canada total.