PDA

View Full Version : Great service from Marcum!

nicemustang
04-06-2011, 08:54 AM
My LX-3 flasher starting acting up the weekend of March 12-13. I bought this sucker Jan 4th 2010. Marcum has 2 year warranty on them. I called Monday morning, they said ship just the flasher and transducer to them. They will look at it the next day and ship it back. They are located in Minnesota. I shipped overnight so they received it by 10:30 am Tuesday (it's nice to have free shipping at work :) ). They worked on it the next day and shipped it out UPS, arrived at my work on Monday the 21. That's amazing service IMO and they should be congratulated.

All in all, I have a brand new transducer now (I guess that was the culprit) in 1 weeks time. :sHa_shakeshout:

Kokanee9
04-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Always good to know which companies stand behind their product.

Also good to know which ones don't.

firegod74
04-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Good to hear. And the products seem to be good quality too. I have zero complaints with my Marcum Camera.

huntsfurfish
04-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey nicemustang, did you have to pay UPS? Shipped my marcum 820 back and got it back quickly but have just received a letter saying I owe $35.00. Plus payed to ship it there.

Rob S
04-06-2011, 05:21 PM
My LX-3 flasher starting acting up the weekend of March 12-13. I bought this sucker Jan 4th 2010. Marcum has 2 year warranty on them. I called Monday morning, they said ship just the flasher and transducer to them. They will look at it the next day and ship it back. They are located in Minnesota. I shipped overnight so they received it by 10:30 am Tuesday (it's nice to have free shipping at work :) ). They worked on it the next day and shipped it out UPS, arrived at my work on Monday the 21. That's amazing service IMO and they should be congratulated.

All in all, I have a brand new transducer now (I guess that was the culprit) in 1 weeks time. :sHa_shakeshout:

I got excellent service from them too, on my bunk fishcam. Beware of a UPS bill in the coming months though. I got one from them stating duty charges and a bunch of other BS totalling 32 bucks. Talked to Marcum again this morning and they told me not to pay it just yet. Ill let ye know how I made out with that, when something happens.

ice
04-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Duty's should only have to be paid if your "buying" from the states over a certain price amount not just shipping or it might be wweightt

nicemustang
04-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Yes, $18. It's not duty but brokerage fees. Marcum will ship USPS if you ask them which would avoid the brokerage fee. But I'm ok with paying $18 for my flasher to be fixed.