PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Find A Hitch Mounted Deer Hoist?

Brian Thompson
04-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I need to know who was selling the hitch mounted deer hoists. I'm in Edmonton. 780-887-0979
Thanks,
Brian

mooseknuckle
04-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Talk to BBJ I think he has one.

stinkynuts
04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
pm sent

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I had the folks at Hitch house in Edmonton built me this , Heres the thread I made with pictures . Plugs into my hitch and locks with hitch pin , and has a hand crank winch like whats used on boat trailers , could of had an electric winch also . And I had a light added so makes for easy seeing when skinning and gutting in the dark .

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showpost.php?p=693791&postcount=1

Reeves1
04-07-2011, 06:23 AM
I'll be building one soon. Just have to get to the city for metal.
Mine will turn (and be off set) so whatever is lifted can be set in the truck box.
I have two hand winches that are 2 speed and up to 2000 lbs.
One winch is for my trailer.

firegod74
04-07-2011, 07:34 AM
I built one for my dad. It looked allot like BBJ's. I made mine a two piece though so it would fit in the box better. It made the top a bit lighter than the rest of the pole because it slides inside the bottom part, but I attached straps from the top to the front anchors in my truck box to support the whole thing.
It lifted my brothers Calf moose no problem. Never got a chance to try it on a full size one.

pintailslammer
04-07-2011, 07:43 AM
I made mine out of 2" 1/4" Aluminum. Put on a 1200 lbs winch.

Sure is nice and light. Now that I have a short box truck it wont fit in the back:argue2::argue2:. May have take it in & cut it down to size. Make sure if you build one that it does swivel to allow the deer to be put in the back

PIn

270WIN
04-07-2011, 11:25 AM
I bought this one several years ago at Cabellas. I've used it quite a few times and it has worked great for me for deer sized animals. It swivels in the middle so it makes loading a big deer when you are by yourself a piece of cake.
I think it was rated to handle 350 pounds so it will take the biggest field dressed deer you're likely to kill.I just looked in last fall's Cabellas catalogue and the one they are selling now is rated for up to 450 lbs. It's priced at $180 US. Shipping charges would probably be fairly high however, if they will ship it at all. I picked mine up at one of their stores when I was in the States.
It separates into two pieces so it will fit in a short box truck easily.