PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Outdoorsmen Turney Poll

-JR-
04-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Thats great idea Kim 473
It would be great to have a on line turney for this summer.
Alberta Outdoorsmen could give away a few stickers , hats etc.
Advertisers on this site might even want to donate.

All those interested in this would just have to enter a picture with length of fish and them selfs and holding up some type of Alberta Outdoorsmen 2011 sign

jacenbeers
04-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Hell ya we should.

Kim473
04-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Thats great idea Kim 473
It would be great to have turney for this summer.
Alberta Outdoorsmen could give away a few stickers , hats etc.
Advertisers on this site might even want to donate.

All those interested in this would just have to enter a picture with length of fish and them selfs in it holding up some type of Alberta Outdoorsmen 2011 sign

Thats all it would take. And only members would be allowed. Longest as F&W measures. Pike, walleye, perch, trout. Youth catch. ETC... for differant catagories so every one has a chance. The prizes would not have to be expensive ones, But would depend on the great sponsers of this great site. AO could set a min length to qualify, so that would weed out thousands of entries to a few hundred. Say 28" for a walleye or 14" perch etc... Think it would be fun. For the soft water start when season starts and ends say the last day of August. Winter start Jan 1st and end april 30th.

Dust1n
04-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Kim or -JR- you guys should come up with some rules

Kim473
04-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Kim or -JR- you guys should come up with some rules
The rules woud have to be done by AO. We need the head Mod for some input on the Idea. Just need to copy with maybe a few modifactions of The ice shanty turny rules.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I think it would be cool to have an online tournament .

Say any species or a particular one , and get some business to put up some prizes , like free tackle , rods , reels , maybe some free motor work or winterizing for free , and have that as a top prize . But no cash .

Have a free entry fee . have to post 2 pictures not weight , as its easy to prove the length of a fish rather then weight , as not everyone has the same scale or an official scale .

If you'd like I will talk to my contact threw Fish and wildlife and see if we would require such a license for this type of thing . I know in Manitoba have have a similar type of forum and have online Derby's quite often .

Id be willing to both help sponcer and help coordinate such a thing .

alodar
04-10-2011, 11:29 PM
This sounds sweet

gprime27
04-11-2011, 07:20 AM
I don't know, the last tourney on here.. I was contacted and asked where to send my prize, gave him the info.. still hasn't come.. huge disappointment

calgarygringo
04-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Should be pretty simple on the prize side. One of us regulars from the North Alberta and one of us regulars from the South Alberta take care of receiving and giving out whatever prizes are won. Then who ever wins is up to that person to contact the prize person and arrange pickup.

Tyangelo
04-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm totally in.

04-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Should be pretty simple on the prize side. One of us regulars from the North Alberta and one of us regulars from the South Alberta take care of receiving and giving out whatever prizes are won. Then who ever wins is up to that person to contact the prize person and arrange pickup.

Thats a Great idea . I think we need two people one from Red deer north and Red deer south , one person from each to help get this thing going , once its organized , work on getting prizes then talk to Rob or the other mods to make this a sticky and make this a great event .

Any thoughts on that ?

Kim473
04-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Is there any Mods here that can give some input as to is this possible or not. Please post your opinions Mods. We dont have a lot of time to get this going for this summer but if it does not happen for this summer can we do it for the winter months and possibly next summer. There are some great Ideas here that can be used for the turney. Lots of prep work to be done so we dont have time on our side. Rules, turney cards, sponsers to be contacted, thread set up for sign up (need three weeks to sign up) prizes set up. Agreed, calgarygringo and BBJ, Great Idea because of the work involved. Would you two do it? (all the work) ? I think we need to get this started no latter than the end of this week if its gonna happen for this summer.

Please post your opinions Mods. Can it be done?

calgarygringo
04-12-2011, 05:27 AM
I have no problem looking after prize distribution for the south folks and or tracking details for it if it is a go ahead. Have done this kind of thing before. We also need someone to be in charge of organizing prizes. That always should be done and have commitments before anything begins. Nothing worse than winning and the prize is not there. Let me know if above is going to fly and I can come up with an info page/ tracking page or whatever else we need.

Ken

Kim473
04-12-2011, 06:11 AM
I have no problem looking after prize distribution for the south folks and or tracking details for it if it is a go ahead. Have done this kind of thing before. We also need someone to be in charge of organizing prizes. That always should be done and have commitments before anything begins. Nothing worse than winning and the prize is not there. Let me know if above is going to fly and I can come up with an info page/ tracking page or whatever else we need.

Ken

Thats great.
Think the first thing we need is AO approval. Then prizes and rules. Turney could start June 1st End August 31st Sign up May 7th till 21st Turney cards available June 1st for on line printing. That would give about one week for inputing data of people that signed up and eligable to print off turney cards.

Need AO approval !!!
Think AO should talk to sponsers and be in charge of prizes and that kind of decisions.

Kim473
04-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Was thinking about the prizes and. All we need for prizes is the winner of the class would get their picture in the Alberta Outdoormen Magazine with their tophy fish. It would be great. It would be great if some sponsers would donated prizes but I would be happy-er with my pic in the magazine. I dont need a $ prize. It would make it easy also as you would have already sent your picture in.

04-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Thats great.
Think the first thing we need is AO approval. Then prizes and rules. Tourney could start June 1st End August 31st Sign up May 7th till 21st Tourney cards available June 1st for on line printing. That would give about one week for inputting data of people that signed up and eligible to print off tourney cards.

Need AO approval !!!
Think AO should talk to sponsors and be in charge of prizes and that kind of decisions.
Well in the other sections they have similar type things like postal shooting matches , etc . I will send an email to Rob and Moderators , to see if this would be an issue . I don't think it would be .

The one thing we do need to check out but I haven't done yet as Ive been super busy with my business .

We need to find out if even for an Online tournament with no entry fee , and just prizes . Because in the normal situation they want to know how many people will be attending , and the amount of prizes and so on , its quite the process . So maybe Kim or Calgarygringo can fire an email off to fish and wildlife email me first as Ive got a contact . Or I can just do it and find out what the deal may be .

I will help with the whole thing both north and south but lets get someone else from the north to take prizes and contact places for prizes for this event .

You guys can email me at bbjtackleanydfishingadventures@hotmail.com that's the best way to get ahold of me throughout the day . Let me know if this works for you guys .

John

Was thinking about the prizes and. All we need for prizes is the winner of the class would get their picture in the Alberta Outdoormen Magazine with their tophy fish. It would be great. It would be great if some sponsers would donated prizes but I would be happy-er with my pic in the magazine. I dont need a $ prize. It would make it easy also as you would have already sent your picture in.

Kim I think best way to do this is have no money involved unless a license for the derby is required . I think prizes from both the forum , and maybe local businesses and maybe have top 3 fish instead of one for ever species that gets to mess to quick . And I also think as Ive said before without an official weigh station go by length , 2 clear pictures with the measurement visible and have the picture dated and forum alias on the photo , to make it an official entry . That way very tough to cheat .

Kim473
04-13-2011, 03:45 AM
Well in the other sections they have similar type things like postal shooting matches , etc . I will send an email to Rob and Moderators , to see if this would be an issue . I don't think it would be .

The one thing we do need to check out but I haven't done yet as Ive been super busy with my business .

We need to find out if even for an Online tournament with no entry fee , and just prizes . Because in the normal situation they want to know how many people will be attending , and the amount of prizes and so on , its quite the process . So maybe Kim or Calgarygringo can fire an email off to fish and wildlife email me first as Ive got a contact . Or I can just do it and find out what the deal may be .

I will help with the whole thing both north and south but lets get someone else from the north to take prizes and contact places for prizes for this event .

You guys can email me at bbjtackleanydfishingadventures@hotmail.com that's the best way to get ahold of me throughout the day . Let me know if this works for you guys .

John

Kim I think best way to do this is have no money involved unless a license for the derby is required . I think prizes from both the forum , and maybe local businesses and maybe have top 3 fish instead of one for ever species that gets to mess to quick . And I also think as Ive said before without an official weigh station go by length , 2 clear pictures with the measurement visible and have the picture dated and forum alias on the photo , to make it an official entry . That way very tough to cheat .

Let us know what you find out. You do the contacting. Agreed! Lenght only as the regs say to measure, emailed turney card to the entrants and it has to be in the pic. Min lenght to qualify for aduts (Or over), Pike 44", rainbow trout 20", walleye 29", as measured with tail pinched like the regs say, with the lake in the background and turney card in the pic, and of course kids under 15 all fish,all sizes (to be judged on the grin on their face) . One page in the magazene for the winners, pics and short blurb about the catch and turney. No pize money or other prizes unless AO and sponsers will provide on short notice and is legal. For some reason I think this was thought about too late for this summer. Should have been allready planed and ready to go. A good start for next year tho if we are too late.

GaryF
04-13-2011, 04:41 AM
This is an interesting idea, but, even an online tournament takes time to set up, and bodies to make it happen. All this talk is great but lets not ask AO to set it up, and better yet lets not try and do it on a public forum. It looks like there are ppl willing to put in some effort, so why not take it off line, put a plan together with committed individuals, and then present them to AO. It's way too late for this years open water season, but maybe for next year.

Kim473
04-14-2011, 05:33 AM
This is an interesting idea, but, even an online tournament takes time to set up, and bodies to make it happen. All this talk is great but lets not ask AO to set it up, and better yet lets not try and do it on a public forum. It looks like there are ppl willing to put in some effort, so why not take it off line, put a plan together with committed individuals, and then present them to AO. It's way too late for this years open water season, but maybe for next year.

I agree, too late. Well we can get AO approval and such for next year. Start now and will be ready for next year. (winter) ?? Then carry over for next summer. Or just a summer one?? I think just one in the summer.

04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I think this could be done for the month of August . Maybe a month long thing . I have yet to hear back from Fish and Wildlife , If I dont hear anything today Ill phone and talk to them tommorow .

fishinggeek
04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Too all those that cant wait till august for the alberta online tourny, just check out
Bountyfishing.com.
This alberta tourny will also be alot of fun. I cant wait to win. hahaha.

-JR-
04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey BigbadJohn and others .
Its not a fishing derby ,but a photo contest of the biggest fish caught for 2011.
You just have to post a picture of your biggest fish laying beside a steal ruler.
Picture should include a photo copy of 2011 Albertaoutdoormen logo that someone needs to come up with and post it so we can photo copy it .
Simple !

I'm thanking of donating a half a day guided fish trip.

-JR-
04-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Can any one of the mods please sticky this post to the top.
Thanks

grinr
04-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Not much of a poll in terms of response options to check off?Where is the "who cares" box?

-JR-
04-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Would also like to see more responses for anyone that would like to donate a prize.

This should work so everyone can photocopy it and placed it beside your fish in the picture.......Just need an approval from the site !

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/Homewreacker/Forum-Logo-Hunting1-1-2.jpg

-JR-
04-17-2011, 11:14 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/Homewreacker/Forum-Logo-Hunting1-1-2-2.jpg

Fishfinder
04-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Can any one of the mods please sticky this post to the top.
Thanks

They have selective hearing dont cha know.
I think it's a great fun idea!

04-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Would also like to see more responses for anyone that would like to donate a prize.

This should work so everyone can photocopy it and placed it beside your fish in the picture.......Just need an approval from the site !

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/Homewreacker/Forum-Logo-Hunting1-1-2.jpg

Maybe send them an Email . No one has said anything diffrent to it . Like I said before I doubt there is any need for them to give permission except for the respect factor , there have been several other things posted and stickyed , like shooting matches and longest shooting , coyote pictures etc . Dont you work with one of the mods ? Talk to him . Ill let rockymntx know he will come post here . And get him to start a new thread with a sticky .

jts1
04-18-2011, 05:24 AM

Ken

Ken is a stand up guy and has my vote, I cant see anyone being a better choice. If this goes down I would be in, I would get a prize together and give it to Ken.

-JR-
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
BBJ ,I talk to lilsundance yesterday on this , guess he is waiting for Rob to get back !
I Understand they do NOT want to get involved !
A fishung site with out a derby !:sign0161:

Kim473
04-20-2011, 06:03 AM
Please vote all. Need a good response no matter which way you vote.

-JR-
04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey Kim
Looks like we have 90 fishermen interested in jioning the derby !
I guess the 1000 others don't own a camera .Might have to find one to put up for a prize !

Kim473
10-24-2011, 04:29 AM
Well, it's time to open this up again. If we had an online ice fishing tourny it could start Jan/1st and end April/30th I'm not great with computors but I would help in anyway I could, if someone was to get the ball rolling. Now is the time to get it started. Who is in that would help out in making this work? We need someone to be the head person and get this going. I'm in, and would help in anyway I can. Just give me a project to work on.

Kim473
10-24-2011, 06:03 AM
How is this for a tourny card? I can probly change to black and white or some other changes with a little time. Only took me one hr this morning.

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab219/kim780473/top-banner-2.jpg

Eddy62
10-24-2011, 06:51 AM
this would be alot off fun.....

Kim473
10-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Working on a black and white card. will post at a later date to see what you think.

Kim473
10-25-2011, 06:30 AM
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab219/kim780473/on-line.jpg

Here is a black and white one. Would like to fill in around the head with white. I would like to embed a pic or something in it that someone can't copy or something but I don't know how. Maybe a number that will be printed on it for the particular person. Anyone have an idea?

Maybe with one of the big sponsors of this great site, name on it.

slivers86
10-25-2011, 04:27 PM
This seems like a neat idea! An online tally of sorts, see who has the 'big fish' of the season, and who catches the most type of deal? or top 5 fish! Whatever it is, i'll follow this until the the valleys turn green again!

Kim473
10-26-2011, 05:19 AM
How is this for a finished tourney card?

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab219/kim780473/TOURNEY.jpg

slivers86
10-26-2011, 06:29 AM
I think it looks good :)