PDA

View Full Version : Med Hat Poachers

Fishfinder
04-12-2011, 10:38 PM
I suspected a lil poaching going on round here. Lil bird whispered a tweet to me....so I drove around. And walked alot. Sure enough, local holes scattered with beer cans and empty bait containers. Words cannot express how angry this makes me.
Today, after work, I questioned everyone on paths leading up to certain holes and ran into a guy (Dale?) who works for FnW here in the Hat and asked him....How many officers actually regulate the riv here in town. The answer....2. And the other guy is lazy...
I pulled up to a few vehicles that looked suspicious and recorded license plate numbers. And also talked to a few shady characters.

LET THIS BE A WARNING....ANYONE WANNA POACH THE HAT WATERS, BEST BE HOPING SRD BUMPS INTO THEM BEFORE I DO. I WILL TOAST...THEN ROAST.

Can't wait to go back tomorrow and clean more litter, perhaps I'll bring 40 Gbags.....and a shotgun!:)

Daceminnow
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
heard you boys are under a big flood watch. is it as bad as the media is saying? be aware who you approach on your own out there in this day and age. pick-up other peoples trash with a buddy to watch your back. lots of winners that think they're heros.

Dace

Fishfinder
04-12-2011, 10:51 PM
heard you boys are under a big flood watch. is it as bad as the media is saying? be aware who you approach on your own out there in this day and age. pick-up other peoples trash with a buddy to watch your back. lots of winners that think they're heros.

Dace

True that. City is more prepared this time:thinking-006:
As far as on my own lawfullness goes, that's true, I aint the largest of men, but do have the persuasion of words....which can scare much further imo. As soon as I asked if anyone was fishing, vehicles scattered an hour later, as I watched from distance. Had I seen a rod in water.....arrrr.
But I did not, so YAY...for now.
Cheers.

ishootbambi
04-12-2011, 10:53 PM
pm incoming.

biggamehunter
04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I wish there were more guys like you around.

Fishfinder
04-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I wish there were more guys like you around.

I aint no saint. But if I can't have at it, nobody can haha. That's just the stubborn aquarion world ruler in me lol.

Got your PM ISB. Will do and concur.

Cheers n GL all!:)

Rockymtnx
04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Fishfinder, are they poachers or just pigs?
Just wondering why you say they are poachers?

Fishfinder
04-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Fishfinder, are they poachers or just pigs?
Just wondering why you say they are poachers?

Not sure what "pigs" mean? Fishing berfore season opens perhaps? Technically...I cannot call them poachers....but I am not blind. It is happening, define my words as u will. I am aware of what is happening, and I will stop it.
Cheers.

tacklerunner
04-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I think by pigs he's referring to the mess they are leaving. Fishing waters before they are open would make them law breakers and law breakers would likely be poachers.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I assume your talking about the South Saskatchewan River . If guys are fishing out of season id qualify them as poachers . If these guys are there offen im sure fish and wildlife officers will scope the area out .

As for Rockys comment on pigs I think he means people being messy slobs , PIGS .

HunterDave
04-13-2011, 01:41 AM
be aware who you approach on your own out there in this day and age.......lots of winners that think they're heros.

x2 Better to report it and leave it to the professionals to handle.

grind stone
04-13-2011, 05:08 AM
I suspected a lil poaching going on round here. Lil bird whispered a tweet to me....so I drove around. And walked alot. Sure enough, local holes scattered with beer cans and empty bait containers. Words cannot express how angry this makes me.
Today, after work, I questioned everyone on paths leading up to certain holes and ran into a guy (Dale?) who works for FnW here in the Hat and asked him....How many officers actually regulate the riv here in town. The answer....2. And the other guy is lazy...
I pulled up to a few vehicles that looked suspicious and recorded license plate numbers. And also talked to a few shady characters.

LET THIS BE A WARNING....ANYONE WANNA POACH THE HAT WATERS, BEST BE HOPING SRD BUMPS INTO THEM BEFORE I DO. I WILL TOAST...THEN ROAST.

Can't wait to go back tomorrow and clean more litter, perhaps I'll bring 40 Gbags.....and a shotgun!:)wow you did all that on your own and still nothing good luck on your little QUEST.

I pulled up to a few vehicles that looked suspicious and recorded license plate numbers.I have to ask what dose a suspicious vehicle look like :confused:!!!!!!

Fishfinder
04-13-2011, 06:48 AM
I assume your talking about the South Saskatchewan River . If guys are fishing out of season id qualify them as poachers . If these guys are there offen im sure fish and wildlife officers will scope the area out .

As for Rockys comment on pigs I think he means people being messy slobs , PIGS .

Yes SSR and I hope your right. I know they are short staffed within FnW so I will gladly assist where I can.

Agreed HD, I have no intentions of interacting with these folk, just going to make the appropriate calls from here on in.

GS, I was gonna give you some insight but upon second reading of your sarcastic useless remarks you simply get a :love0025:. I'll keep an eye out for u bud, 84 Colt right?

grind stone
04-13-2011, 05:17 PM
GS, I was gonna give you some insight but upon second reading of your sarcastic useless remarks you simply get a :love0025:. I'll keep an eye out for u bud, 84 Colt right?:snapoutofit:

OK sure good luck.

sureshot
04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Whats with all these new guys coming in sportin attitudes?

Andy

Jwood 456
04-13-2011, 08:12 PM
be aware who you approach on your own out there in this day and age. pick-up other peoples trash with a buddy to watch your back. lots of winners that think they're heros.

Dace

X3!

Christofficer
04-13-2011, 08:34 PM
While I agree, I urge you to let the authorities handle them, Don't want you to get hurt over it. Sounds like fun though, you should get a gille suit (sp?) armed with a cell phone and a camera. Take pics of said poachers and post em so everyone can see who they are. :D

Dust1n
04-13-2011, 08:41 PM
While I agree, I urge you to let the authorities handle them, Don't want you to get hurt over it. Sounds like fun though, you should get a gille suit (sp?) armed with a cell phone and a camera. Take pics of said poachers and post em so everyone can see who they are. :D

at out school its now a $500.00 fine for fighting/videing it and watching it but less serve

Flyfisher87
04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
I hear you fishfinder. Anytime I go into the backcountry fishing/hiking, I always put at least 2 empty garbage bags in my pack. They always come back full. I have seen it all out there, liquor bottles, lure packages, bait containers, wire, food wrapers, diapers, discarded monofilament. I helped a duck get out of a plastic 6 pack holder a few years back. It was an experience, but I think it survived.

Steven Noel
04-16-2011, 09:03 AM
I hear you fishfinder. Anytime I go into the backcountry fishing/hiking, I always put at least 2 empty garbage bags in my pack. They always come back full. I have seen it all out there, liquor bottles, lure packages, bait containers, wire, food wrapers, diapers, discarded monofilament. I helped a duck get out of a plastic 6 pack holder a few years back. It was an experience, but I think it survived.

Came out of a backcounry lake last summer with at least enough line to stretch the four kilometer trail back to the truck... rediculous.

Guitarplayingfish
04-16-2011, 09:23 AM

That's what I like to hear! Good idea, from now on I will start doing the same.

fallen1817
04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
wow you did all that on your own and still nothing good luck on your little QUEST.

I have to ask what dose a suspicious vehicle look like :confused:!!!!!!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgv8ginDGm4bs8iJpvBS-Lt88fCQ8UQIGDgJk1DogGqFrTCzg6xg&t=1

Flyfisher87
04-16-2011, 12:35 PM
I was a bit too late one year. I pulled up to one of my favorite ponds back home and seen a 3lb rainbow belly up in the water caught in several feet of monofilament. Couldn't do anything for it being that it was already dead. I did however try and get it and the line out so nothing else got caught in it.. Grabbed a new long ratchet strap from my truck and tried to hook it out. It was just out of my reach. I eventually got it after wading out to my chest. It was sickening to see, but at least it isn't there for others to get caught in.

Fishfinder
04-17-2011, 10:20 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgv8ginDGm4bs8iJpvBS-Lt88fCQ8UQIGDgJk1DogGqFrTCzg6xg&t=1

HA! funny stuff!
Interesting thoughts and mostly agree with all of em.
It is frustrating to see.
Cheers m GL all!