PDA

View Full Version : Pak Shak 3

Shrubs
12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Anyone have one of these yet? I'm really interested in one considering it's under half the price of other flip styles. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Shrubs

imhungry
12-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I bought the single pack shack last year before they got pulled off the shelves and I love it. roomy and comfy. The only down falls are the plastic window will crack (no big deal) and the wind can whip the front end around if there is a cross windso you have to set it up with your back to the wind.

Versatile
12-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I am going to order a single but was considering a triple instead of the single. Where did you find yours and any idea why they were pulled?

TundraBuck
12-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Does anyone know if you can still get the single pak shaks, and where you can get them?

Versatile
12-06-2007, 05:35 PM
www.thornebros.com

Fishin' Fool
12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
A friend of mine bought the pak shak last year when they first came out. He used it only a couple times. He said it was good on cool days, but when it really got cold, it wasn't enough of a shelter and he froze.

He said if all you wanted was something to keep you out of the breeze after hiking in to East Pit, it's fine, but if you are looking for a place to fish when it's -20 and blowing, keep looking.

hope this helps,

FF

-NDN-
12-07-2007, 05:14 AM
i inquired about the 3 person last week, fishing hole said you wont find one in canada, and not even the singles, due to them not passing the tests for whatever reason they were testing for. some dude died in a ice hut fire last year or the year before i think is what caused all this.

E/O Ice cube revamped themselves this year to pass the test. Noticed they are better quality materials again, like when they first came out......

knight hunter
12-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm taking a road trip to the states next month and that's one of the item's to check out on my list.Last winter I bought the single pac shak, but never went icefishing, so it's still brand new in the box out in the garage.

boomstick
12-12-2007, 10:45 PM
got 2 last year and love them , toss over shoulder and walk away , only problem is that they are basicly a lawn chair and caused me to miss a few fish on those hot afternoons when i relized i was catchin a few z,s instead of fish.

Versatile
12-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Just an update I just bought a PakShak 1 guy at Crappy tire in Lethbridge.

TundraBuck
12-26-2007, 08:20 PM
I saw them at the one in Rocky, the aren't the actual "Pak Shak" brand but they are the exact same thing.

knight hunter
12-27-2007, 09:51 AM
How much?

Versatile
12-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Tundra Buck this one IS the PakShak even have the Nature Vision logo on it. I still have the box outside.

It was 100 bucks.

Piker
12-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Being unable to find an ice-cube in Canada I ordered one out of Ely Min. It was a 4 man model. It was shipped the next day but then dissappeared in the bowels of canada customs. Something to do with the fact it was not fireproof. I do not know the law or how they could enforce it except at the border. So the supplier sent me a shappell which meets canadas regulations but low and behold it has not arrived yet either. The supplier canada customs or the shipper have no idea where it is. the charge has not gone thru on my credit card yet and the supplier says it will not until I recieve one or the other. I never have had this kind of problem yet but I guess the best way is to shop in person.

Shrubs
12-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Man I can't seem to make up my mind. They have some pretty good deals at Cabelas on the flip over type with the sled. Hardest thing is convincing myself to spend the cash. The thing I'm thinking is it might be better to dish out a bit more coin and get something like the frabill 2 man. They have some HT's at a smokin price but the reviews aren't that good,something about the fabric peeling.

Logan
12-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I would spend the money and get a good quality 2 or 3 man, you can get a Frabill 2man at Wholesale for about $275 and they are SWEET! Comfy seats, super light and will be way warmer than the Pak Crap(i can call it that IHAD one and hated it). I also had a Pak Sled I bought at The Fishin'Hole for $20 and feel I paid $19 too much for that too.

I have had my share of cheaper "good enough" gear and found myself always wishing I just bought it right and bought it once.

-NDN-
12-29-2007, 11:49 PM
just letting you know, anyone who is intrested in a basic pak shak, i was in the winnipeg Fishin' Hole, and they had 2 of them leaning on a wall, not sure if they are for sale or can sell them, but maybe one could phone and inquire about transfering to another edmonton store to buy?!