PDA

View Full Version : Spring perch

bobcat
04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
I can catch perch all winter but from opening day in May til about middle of June, I find them almost impossible to catch. Anybody else finding the same?

SwampShark
04-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I have trouble with them in the spring as well. I can't find them. Maybe they stop schooling after ice-off?

Dust1n
04-15-2011, 05:06 PM
thats a pretty hard task catchign the in spring with the water clearity and the post spawn pike getting hungry but not immposible.
the perch spawns in the spring on shallow spots on the lake and the spawning occurs in early morning or late evenings.
if you find one perch stick with that spot even though its not producing as much. In spring they are in MASSIVE schools so the schools are harder to fidn but if you find one the spot ill produce ALOT

moonyrat
04-15-2011, 05:35 PM
quick question, are you allow to take pikes from hasse? or you have to follow the regulations and throw them back@@

thats a pretty hard task catchign the in spring with the water clearity and the post spawn pike getting hungry but not immposible.
the perch spawns in the spring on shallow spots on the lake and the spawning occurs in early morning or late evenings.
if you find one perch stick with that spot even though its not producing as much. In spring they are in MASSIVE schools so the schools are harder to fidn but if you find one the spot ill produce ALOT

Dust1n
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
trick question id throw em back but follow the regs and i havent fished there

uplander
04-15-2011, 05:50 PM
quick question, are you allow to take pikes from hasse? or you have to follow the regulations and throw them back@@

Hasse is no longer regarded as a trout stocking lake nor is it recognized in the regs so the general lake rules apply to it now .

moonyrat
04-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Hasse is no longer regarded as a trout stocking lake nor is it recognized in the regs so the general lake rules apply to it now .

damn:( what's the chance of landing a 63cm pike from the makeup dock :rolleye2:

Dust1n
04-15-2011, 06:00 PM
if you want a pike to take home google pike lakes in edminton and check em out. Example wizards lake is fantasic for catching litle 2-3 footers off a crap spoon.