PDA

View Full Version : Bearspaw access?

MattH
04-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Where is the best place to access the reservoir?

rielbowhunter
04-16-2011, 05:15 PM
There is no public access to bearspaw reservoir. un less you enter the bow river at cochane( under the 22x bridge), and boat down and then back up. now there is two private boat launches. But its really hard to get permission to walk on let alone bring a boat. best of luck to you.

critter
04-16-2011, 05:50 PM
There is easy public access to Bearspaw reservoir. Just take Bearspaw Dam road to where the road is blocked off near the traintracks, and walk acouple km into it. Ive never caught a thing there...

fishstalker
04-16-2011, 07:48 PM
oh no. the bearspaw acess problem..
dont even bother, the land owners round there are so stuck up its unbelievable! They treat it like its their own private lake, which they dont even use - theyll basically chase you out with a shotgun if they see you.

critter
04-16-2011, 07:58 PM
weird, never seen any sign of this behavior, only people ive seen are dog walkers, hikers, and other ice fisherman, never had an issue

rielbowhunter
04-16-2011, 11:48 PM
weird, never seen any sign of this behavior, only people ive seen are dog walkers, hikers, and other ice fisherman, never had an issue
ALL of these people maybe trespasser if they don't have permission from the land owner. could get a ticket one day.

ironbadger
04-16-2011, 11:51 PM
I have seen some attitude from the locals. I use one of three options. Like Critter mentioned the Bearspaw road lot and walk down. I've parked in the cul de sac by the "public" boat launch. I use a canoe so putting in here is easiest but the worst for locals. I usually leave a note on my dash with my cell number if someone really needs me to move it. Or I put in upstream a bit at the MD of Rockyview lot shown on jts1's google map. Been doing that for years--without issue. This is one of my favourite places actually as its very quick for me to get to. Mainly rainbows.