PDA

View Full Version : inflatable boat leaking problem

gprime27
04-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I've got a seahawk 4 that I really like but, I'm having two issues. I can't find the first hole that's slowly making the raft leak and secondly, I need the plunger piece for where you fill up the bottom with air. It's driving me bonkers. I don't want to have to toss it if I don't have to!..

Questions:

Where can I find the big bottle of Rubber selant that fills in the hole I can't find? Kind of like the tire rubber filler..

Secondly, where do I find the plunger piece to plug that hole?

Ideas anyone? wholesale sports in lethbridge says they don't carry it and I couldn't find any at canadian tire..

WayneChristie
04-16-2011, 06:26 PM
got my sealer at C Tire , works great just put on 2 or 3 coats at least. they might not have the summer stock out yet.

jungleboy
04-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Go see the guy a t Zebec ( I know there is one in Calgary ,if he's anything like the guy at the Edmonton store he will help you out.

gprime27
04-16-2011, 06:56 PM
That sounds like an idea.. Now if I had the magic to get the plug part I need it'd be ready for next weekend :)

Kokanee9
04-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Take soapy water and rub it on the boat.
Look for the air bubbles as you wipe it on.

borchy
04-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Dish soap and water and slather it on the full of air boat and watch for the bubbles. I have found many pin holes this way.

-JR-
04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Get some merine goop from Can.Tirer ,does not need a patch ,just goop it on.
used it on a float tube that had a leak on the seam,held for years.

mayuan
04-16-2011, 09:06 PM
McNett Aquaseal or McNett Aquaseal UV

Both will work wonders and you can get them at MEC in calgary for less then $10.

mayuan
04-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Here is some details. You can order online from MEC too.

McNett Aquaseal

Weight: 50g

A urethane rubber sealant designed for repairing neoprene wetsuits and sprayskirts, drysuits, and other watersports gear. It’s applied as a liquid, and dries to form a flexible, watertight seal. Use a single thick application when repairing thicker items. It can also be pressed into service for tent, garment, or dry bag repair if seam sealants are not available.

•Adheres to neoprene, nylon, vinyl, canvas, and rubber.
•10 to 14 hour drying time.
•28ml (1oz.).

FishingFrenzy
04-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Try filling the inside of your boat with a gardenhose, might be a small leak there.

but FIRST, Check your valves. I have an Intex Excursion and I thought it had a slow leak but when I thought about it, figured it might be the valves. So i sprayed soapy water on them and sure enough! tried cleaning the rubber gaskets and tighting them a bit more but that didnt work so i added an extra rubber i cut from an old bike tire tube. Now my problems pretty well gone.

Hope that helps! if you got any questions lemme know

gprime27
04-16-2011, 10:25 PM
this is my sunday project I'll try everything :) thanks guys.. any other suggestions.. I'm open to em