PDA

View Full Version : Open Pike Waters

YeeHaw
04-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Is there any open pike fisheries in the Edmonton area or within a couple hours drive? I have checked out the Barry Michles guide and have found nothing. Any help would be great.:angry3:

DaveFish
04-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Nsr?

Dust1n
04-17-2011, 04:11 PM
NSR but the pike will be right on the bottom and will seldom moe for food during the spawning because of there metabilsm.

tonypower
04-17-2011, 04:17 PM
I was thinking about going to where the sturgeon meats the nsr. When will the pike be lurking? A few years ago I was there in spring and it was unreal. I was thinking to go tomorrow so if anyone has been there please let me know. thanks

-JR-
04-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I was there 2 years back very early spring ,long walk in and everything posted no traspassing.
Anyway that creek was very shallow maybe 4 inches deep. Caught nothing.

Daceminnow
04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
I was there 2 years back very early spring ,long walk in and everything posted no traspassing.
Anyway that creek was very shallow maybe 4 inches deep. Caught nothing.

if you are talking about the sturgeon it will be more than four inches deep this spring. park in the ditch below the tracks and walk right along the river. stay close to the river and no one should stop you from accessing the nsr from there. not sure what you consider a long walk, but it isn't far. don't over look that first corner in the sturgeon when the water is high as it holds lots of fish. real good spring walleye spot. you may have to weed through a few big ling to catch them though. minnows.

Willowtrail
04-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Is there any open pike fisheries in the Edmonton area or within a couple hours drive? I have checked out the Barry Michles guide and have found nothing. Any help would be great.:angry3:

If you mean open as in not closed for fishing theres Hasse, not much of a pike fishery but they are there. Utikima is open year round as well, maybe a bit longer drive than your looking for.

If you mean open as in no ice then I would agree with the others on the river but it got real dirty last week but the ice is out of the downtown core now. I'm working there and have been watching the ice break up from the 10th floor right on the river.