PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate River Boat Holiday...

Harbercraftguy
04-19-2011, 01:28 PM
So if a fella was gonna choose a river boat holiday where would a fella go?
Looking to get away this summer on a fishing trip.Maybe big bull trout country.I'd like to find somewhere remote with no crowds.Anyone willing to share locations? Tuchodi River,Pine river,Williston Lake area?
Any other boaters intrested?

steelhead
04-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Williston Lake is amazing and lots of oversized Bullies to catch. No one else on the lake. Black Bear Valley where the Nabesche river flows into Williston is over the top amazing. launch at Hudsons Hope. Watch for deadheads and submerged deadstand.

The Liard river Is another great jetting river. You can take it right into Nahanni Nat park. Now your remote.

Bully central.

STEELHEAD

Harbercraftguy
04-19-2011, 10:33 PM
thanks for your info.When were you there last? Is there any decent places to camp on or around williston lake? (Shore camping)
Are you planning a return trip to Williston this summer?

liar
04-20-2011, 06:35 AM
some guys i used to work with used to launch around ft mac and run all the way to lake athabasca . i never made it but the pics looked awsome . huge lake trout .

steelhead
04-20-2011, 09:47 AM
My last visit was 6 years ago. The area I mentioned (black bear valley) Has no roads to it. Fly-in or boat-in. We boated in and heli'd out. At the entrance to the bay there is a logging camp and a hunting camp. As you go back into the bay and closer to the river in-fow, there is a large level area they used as a log drop to boom up the logs and float em out. Great camping spot but it has a gravel base. Close to the river mouth. Water is mega clear and you can watch the big bullies chase Kokanees all day. Billions of Kokanees. I will add, there is ALOT of bears out there. Small ones but a good number of them. If you haul along mountain bikes, you can travel up the Nabesche road and see a really cool draft dodgers camp. It must have been quite a community at one time. The Clearwater river arm of the lake has a nice camp area along its shores also. But it has road access and I have seen campers use the campsites. Just as you enter the main N/S portion of the lake there is a rec site on Wicked river on the north side of the arm. Boat access only. The Peace Reach arm that all this is on also has the highest mountains along and close to the lake. Makes for quite a view at all times.

I spent most of my time in Black Bear though. It was good enough for me. Of course, I always have plans to go back. I want to go back. Still not sure of my "this years" plans yet. They may take me to the Yukon river. I'll try and dig up some pics.

STEELHEAD

Harbercraftguy
05-08-2011, 04:07 PM
thanks for the replys:)