PDA

View Full Version : when fishing

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 12:46 AM
whats your favorite sammich?
do you eat it with your right or left hand?
What do you prefer to wrap it in saran wrap, zip lock baggy or tin foil?

Newspeak
04-20-2011, 12:58 AM
I never find myself hungry when I'm fishing.
The most I'll bring is some jerky. If I'm ice fishing, I might add a cigar :).

alacringa
04-20-2011, 01:56 AM
I'm not big on preparing food when I'm going out, either. Usually I just take granola bars. They help keep the seat warm on the way home. :sEm_oops2:

ice
04-20-2011, 03:11 AM
Generally just grab a lumberjack from Safeway , and bring along some deer jerky and a ring of moose sausAge when ice fishing, in the summer I generally don't eat anything, just bring along a cool with some soft drinks, maybe some h dogs if it's a 1 day trip to go over a fire at noon before heading out again

Dust1n
04-20-2011, 06:01 AM
[QUOTE=chubbdarter;913231]whats your favorite sammich?
What do you prefer to wrap it in saran wrap, zip lock baggy or tin foil?[/Q

eat with left fish with right and zip locl FTW

Rumtan
04-20-2011, 06:32 AM
It doesnt usually matter what I grab out of the fridge to take....it was the wrong thing (just ask the wife) and it was for something special and I had no business taking it !

Speckle55
04-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Fish or beef/wild meat on a multi grain bun/100% WW bread with fat free miracle whip and lettuce=good sandwich
eat with left hand .. drink water right hand
usually a bread or bun bag or baggy:party0051:

Kokanee9
04-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Beans.

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 10:26 AM
do you put your garbage in your pocket or just lob it in the bushes?

Jwood 456
04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
I don't like to waste anytime trying to leave to go fishing so I will go by the nearest convenience store and buy "a good old healthy nutritious" :sHa_sarcasticlol: bag of Jalapeno chedder chips. Lol next time I may even bring a cheeta energy drink.:sHa_shakeshout::bad_boys_20:

I like to eat the chips with my left hand and I usually just bring the stuff along in a safeway plastic bag.

Jwood 456
04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
do you put your garbage in your pocket or just lob it in the bushes?

Well, I put my garbage into my pocket and recycle what I can. Too many times I have seen pigs leave their trash all over their fishing spot that I had to make various trips back and fourth to my vehicle to fully clean the spot.

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 10:47 AM
if there is a baitban is it illegal to eat a sloppy fish sammich

hunter49
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Put a few of your favourite chips into your sandwich...thats a winner right there!

tacklerunner
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
if there is a baitban is it illegal to eat a sloppy fish sammich

Only when you're bass fishing

walleyechaser
04-20-2011, 10:50 AM
if leaving 3 or 4 in the morning ill make a ham and cheese sandwich, eat it with my right hand. take any garbage back with me, nothing left behind.

gl2
04-20-2011, 11:10 AM
i like to eat with my left hand cause i wipe my as* with my right.....

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 11:26 AM
if there is no bathrooms...where is the acceptable place to go bathroom when out fishing?

Willowtrail
04-20-2011, 11:26 AM
In the summer when the wife joins me when camping its whatever she makes. If she doesn't come its chips and gatorade.

In the winter I hit up the safeway gas station and grab sugar coated croisants, chips and more gatorade. This winter I grabbed a link of mundare kubby and heat up on the tent heater. Ask w_worbeck. Always made the tent smell good and tasted even better

iliketrout
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
i like to eat with my left hand cause i wipe my as* with my right.....

I usually use TP, but to each their own.

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
I usually use TP, but to each their own.

:confused0068::confused0068:

gl2
04-20-2011, 11:41 AM
.....tp hey? i dont bring any so i use either one of my socks or my left pocket out of my pants (im right handed). and i think you should go to the bathroom out of sight from other anglers.....DO NOT CR*AP ON THE ICE IN FRONT OF ME!!!!. bawahahahahhahahaha.

alodar
04-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I dont typicaly make food as im the driver my fishing partner uowever makes pb and honey sandwiches apot theyre pretty good i can go all day fishing without food while my buddy HAS to have food i usually end up leaving with a trunk full of other peoples garbage its disgusting

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
is it bad luck to have a banana in the boat?

Daceminnow
04-20-2011, 12:26 PM
.....tp hey? i dont bring any so i use either one of my socks or my left pocket out of my pants (im right handed). and i think you should go to the bathroom out of sight from other anglers.....DO NOT CR*AP ON THE ICE IN FRONT OF ME!!!!. bawahahahahhahahaha.

.......what about sending young fellas across the ice to shore to find out why there's a seemingly perfectly good home depot bucket for the taking? not good.

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 12:28 PM
.......what about sending young fellas across the ice to shore to find out why there's a seemingly perfectly good home depot bucket for the taking? not good.

ya but the kid had the last laugh...he brought it back and insisted we all look:sign0161:

horsetrader
04-20-2011, 12:31 PM
if there is no bathrooms...where is the acceptable place to go bathroom when out fishing?

right here

Daceminnow
04-20-2011, 12:33 PM
right here

i knew it. it was traders bucket. no wonder we agree to disagree so much!

horsetrader
04-20-2011, 12:38 PM
i knew it. it was traders bucket. no wonder we agree to disagree so much!

>>>>>LOL<<<<< Was left just for you...

Who Da Fisherman
04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
It doesnt usually matter what I grab out of the fridge to take....it was the wrong thing (just ask the wife) and it was for something special and I had no business taking it !

Thats too bad, I eat whatever the wife makes me:sHa_shakeshout:
I guess she does this so she feels better, spending all the money while i'm out fishing.

SushiUnagi
04-20-2011, 07:33 PM
:sleep-038:

Jwood 456
04-20-2011, 08:11 PM
is it bad luck to have a banana in the boat?

Well, I think these links will answer that question well. lol,lol,lol

http://www.tailhunter-international.com/bananas.htm

http://www.deneki.com/2010/04/bananas-in-the-boat/

Here's a pick of the lure as well that is guranteed not to catch fish but to catch boat loads of bad luck.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

BobLoblaw
04-20-2011, 08:42 PM

This is a trick question, as is the question regarding sandwiches.
Chub is obviously trying to weed out the diehard fishermen from the pretenders.
I urinate when I get up in the morning & again when i arrive at the fishing spot, if the drive is more than an hour. Once I put on my chestwaders, I mentally flip the switch & shut down any bodily functions that might cut into fishing time. Any lunch I bring usually gets left in the car, to be eaten on the drive home; munching helps keep me awake I alive to fish another day. I carry a bottle of water that I drink while walking between fishing holes; have to avoid that dehydration headache.

redranger15
04-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Barley.:burp:

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 09:44 PM
:sleep-038:

thats the first post ive seen you make without the word PCR in it

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 09:50 PM
youve just had your line crossed for the 10th time in 5 minutes by a near by fisherman

what do you do?

teach him to cast
punch him in the face
cross his line, reel him in, and cut off his lure
give up...huck your tackle in the bushes

horsetrader
04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
youve just had your line crossed for the 10th time in 5 minutes by a near by fisherman

what do you do?

teach him to cast
punch him in the face

Just look him in the eye and say Move a little farther away CHUBB!!!!:sEm_oops2:

Daceminnow
04-20-2011, 10:11 PM

what do you do?

teach him to cast
punch him in the face

have never made it past anyone crossing my line more than once. 10 times? the one and only time i can recall being in that tight of quarters while fishing was in a grade school derby at a community lake. had a classmate cross over my line right after i got settled. i reeled both set-ups in, bit his rig off my line and sat down till the gong show was over. a move that i'm sure saved me from a few weeks of after school detention. i have never put myself anywhere near that situation again while fishing. true story.

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Just look him in the eye and say Move a little farther away CHUBB!!!!:sEm_oops2:

Dace call horse a bad name

Jwood 456
04-20-2011, 10:13 PM

what do you do?

teach him to cast
punch him in the face

Well, I would preech lessons at the nearby fisherman to teach them how to cast, while I was cutting their fishing lure off.(jk), :evilgrin::sHa_sarcasticlol:

In reality, I would just move further away if, the other fisherman didn't run off from embarassment already.:lol::lol::lol:

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 10:14 PM
have never made it past anyone crossing my line more than once. 10 times? the one and only time i can recall being in that tight of quarters while fishing was in a grade school derby at a community lake. had a classmate cross over my line right after i got settled. i reeled both set-ups in, bit his rig off my line and sat down till the gong show was over. a move that i'm sure saved me from a few weeks of after school detention. i have never put myself anywhere near that situation again while fishing. true story.

funny how the words classmate and inmate are inter changeable for you

Daceminnow
04-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Dace call horse a bad name

found out tonight he's a carpet salesman just like me...sorry, we have more in common than i first thought can't do it.

chubbdarter
04-20-2011, 10:22 PM
K so your fishing below a bridge....the regs consider it a landmark....downstream of the bridge is C@R....upstream is open for bonking fish......You hook a huge world record fish downstream of the bridge with a ugly stick rod, plueger reel, 50lb power pro line and a banjo minnow lure. All these tackle makers combined will give you a 20 thou cash prize for a world record.
do you play the fish and release it downstream of the bridge?
lay the lumber to it with trusty tackle and drag her upstream and claim the money?

Speckle55
04-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I would pull out my tape measure and camera and take a picture after getting my hands wet and touching the fish to hold the tape to measure as quick as possible and then release the fish and get a replica mount done .and on the plaque get ingraved i did the release for my C & R buddies ;;:sHa_shakeshout:Bull Trout in Alberta .. i have paided for four cloth tape measures(big numbers) for 4 anglers as i could not read their tapes in pictures

Jwood 456
04-21-2011, 07:30 AM
K so your fishing below a bridge....the regs consider it a landmark....downstream of the bridge is C@R....upstream is open for bonking fish......You hook a huge world record fish downstream of the bridge with a ugly stick rod, plueger reel, 50lb power pro line and a banjo minnow lure. All these tackle makers combined will give you a 20 thou cash prize for a world record.
do you play the fish and release it downstream of the bridge?
lay the lumber to it with trusty tackle and drag her upstream and claim the money?

Well, I always have a video camera on me, so I would video camera the fish being weiged and measured. Cameras don't lie. As for proving that the fish scale is accurate, I would perhaps bring a dumbell along that said 10lbs on it and would read as 10lbs on the scale so no one would think I set the scale to lie. I would then release the fish.

chubbdarter
04-21-2011, 09:46 AM
how many of you wont post pictures anymore because of the negative comments....or pm's asking for gps waypoints?

redranger15
04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
WT? does this have to do with sammiches? Waaay of the track. Alberta Big Bore time for a pic I think.

Braun
04-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I think I know what chubbs is doing here....... I just clued in. lol

Braun
04-21-2011, 10:09 AM
to answer all the questions:

Casting over me:
Give the person more room to practice / fish. How else are they going to straighten out. After a while if it is clear they are struggling I will ask them if they want some pointers on catching fish(not casting) so they dont think I am being rude and also because I genuinely want to help. while giving pointers id try to help straighten out the cast.

Im not scared to post pictures to those who give negative comments, I'm not scared of anything they have to say. I fish within the rules and if someone has a problem with that they can take it up with the government not me. I would also like to think I treat fish well so no concerns there. And if my thinking is wrong Im sure some one on here will point that out to me and I will thank them. and no one asks me for GPS spots. lol probably for good reason. I will help people out with location. I wouldnt give out spots that have been given to me by others and there are certain things I will keep to myself and others I fish with. But I will definitely help people find spots for fish. there are lots of fish in a water way and they hang out at many spots. not just one

I usually goto the washroom before leaving or on the drive to the water and then it shuts off.

I dont take sammiches anymore. has to be stuff I can put in my mouth and leave there with my teeth. Why you ask... because ill be sittin in my chair in my tent. Rod between the legs, munchin on my sammich..... fish strikes!!! Sammich flys.......long story short there is ham stuck to the roof of the tent, mayo spatter on the walls and one slice of bread is floatin down the hole and I missed that perch bite..................

chubbdarter
04-21-2011, 10:14 AM
WT? does this have to do with sammiches? Waaay of the track. Alberta Big Bore time for a pic I think.

title is When Fishing.....feel free to add question

chubbdarter
04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I think I know what chubbs is doing here....... I just clued in. lol

lol you best clue me in

chubbdarter
04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
if i paint pictures of dew worms, minnows and leaches on the bottom of my boat will it improve my fishing?

Christofficer
04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
I won't take any food with me, nor will I eat any. I got IBD so whatever I usually eat has to come out within 20 minutes of eating it.

Jwood 456
04-21-2011, 02:25 PM
how many of you wont post pictures anymore because of the negative comments....or pm's asking for gps waypoints?

Well if I find the negative comments are just to be destructive, I would ignore those comments and keep on posting pictures. If the comments are constructive and tactful though, I would probably post my pictures differently.

Paul C
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM

what do you do?

teach him to cast
punch him in the face
Drink Beer and it it happens again drink another one.

Gust
04-21-2011, 06:22 PM
This is a trick question, as is the question regarding sandwiches.
Chub is obviously trying to weed out the diehard fishermen from the pretenders.
I urinate when I get up in the morning & again when i arrive at the fishing spot, if the drive is more than an hour. Once I put on my chestwaders, I mentally flip the switch & shut down any bodily functions that might cut into fishing time. Any lunch I bring usually gets left in the car, to be eaten on the drive home; munching helps keep me awake I alive to fish another day. I carry a bottle of water that I drink while walking between fishing holes; have to avoid that dehydration headache.

Campstipation always goes into effect the moment I leave.

but as for food/drink; day trips out of the city will always involve cooking and lotsa Polish sausage and smoked Hamm and onions and potatoes and usually a shore lunch of Pike or Trout but mostly Pike,, sometimes Hibatchi but mostly off a pertable stove top. Water and Ginger Ale always on hand and a bottle of Cognac if an impromptu overnighter goes into effect.

chubbdarter
04-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Do Pike lose their teeth in the spring?

Daceminnow
04-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Do Pike lose their teeth in the spring?

oh boy.

SushiUnagi
04-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Why do you care how people eat their sandwiches? Are you really that nosy or just have nothing better to do? Seriously?

chubbdarter
04-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Why do you care how people eat their sandwiches? Are you really that nosy or just have nothing better to do? Seriously?

for all you just typed ..you could of answered.....seriously

whitetail Junkie
04-24-2011, 10:11 PM
whats your favorite sammich?
What do you prefer to wrap it in saran wrap, zip lock baggy or tin foil?

Cigars,I catch a Fish,then I light a cigar....On good days Fishing I think that all the cigar smoke Kills my Appetite....God I Have to quit Smoking that Garbage.

gl2
04-24-2011, 10:41 PM

why does this simple qustion bother you ?. are you mad because mrs. sushi doesnt pack you sandwiches? seriously?