PDA

View Full Version : Help needed in grande prairie

780sjc
04-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Well I'm up in grande pairie for 2 weeks for work and I'd like to get out and do some fishing. I highly doubt any lakes are open ( ice wise ) but if anyone knows any rivers or streams that are open to fly fish, ice and regs wise, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

KegRiver
04-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Just a couple of miles south of GP on the Grande Cache highway is a River, I think it's the Elk River, or Wapiti River, something like that. I would think it is you best chance at this time of year. But I've never fished the area. Only worked there.

Further south are several smaller creeks and rivers, most are quiet a ways south. I was told that some of them are good trout streams.

Daceminnow
04-20-2011, 08:12 PM
take an auger and some perch gear. hit snipe. you're not far from there and you should get into some good fishing. can't help with any open water suggestions, sorry.

780sjc
04-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Dace unfortunately I didn't bring the auger this trip. Didn't think I'd get out ice fishing.

drhu22
04-20-2011, 09:06 PM
As a last resort, if there is a lake that people are ice fishing, all it takes to open up an existing hole is a hatchet or iron bar.

albertadeer
04-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Sorry but all the rivers in the area are closed until June 1st. Lakes will be frozen tell around that time to....you might beable to chuck a lure in swan lake by debolt, the air-rater keeps a large portion open.