PDA

View Full Version : Lake Okanagan In June

Walleye King
04-23-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm headed to the Peachland area right on Lake Okanagan with the wife:love0025: for about a week Around June12. We are taking the boat which is a 17 ft Glastron . We would like to get into some Rainbows , instead of the usual 100-200 Walleye a day at Slave Lake. Does anyone have any spots around the Peachland and Westbank area to try, and any tips on what to use and what depth to be trolling at? Keep in mind that my boat does not have downriggers and we are used to catching Walleye and Pike! Any help you guys could provide me with would be sweet! Cuz if i dont find any fish and we dont catch any fish , I'm sure it will turn into this :argue2: LOL! Thanks..... Walleye King.......

pickrel pat
04-23-2011, 05:32 PM
are they gerard rainbows in there?

Jwood 456
04-23-2011, 06:16 PM
are they gerard rainbows in there?

You betcha there are some big rainbows in there.

Here's some pics of some lake okangan "ogopogos:sHa_sarcasticlol:" caught by random anglers.

Speckle55
04-23-2011, 06:35 PM
WalleyeKing... Get one Downrigger(black plastic 100ft) at Wholesale or fishing hole at a price of 89$ and buy ball & releases ..then i go about 80 to 90' down with a cut herring plug about 100 ft behind ball or bucktail and on other line i have a Bucktail up top (red was working last week but check with locals there)about 200 ft behind boat and you can get Planer boards from WSS or the hole too ... then go about 1.9 to 2.7 or faster and you can be into 100 ft deep or be out in middle of lake but chop helps as more will come up feeding,, either into wind or tail wind ..make's no differn,ts but some will say so..watch your fish finder you will see the thermo-cline as the majority of fish will be there.. Good Fishing...

David..

ps if you use a 2 oz or 3 or 4 oz slip weight to will get u down abit if down rigger is not in budget..

Check my profile for cut herring plug 2009 Kootenay pic

Dust1n
04-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Fish the shallows at night for em. down rigegrs are a must in daylight.

Dark
04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
"ps if you use a 2 oz or 3 or 4 oz slip weight to will get u down abit if down rigger is not in budget"

I find having thicker line 14 # helps the slip weight stay in place. Our biggest to date was a 16 lbder caught by Rattle Snake Island just out from Peachland.

walking buffalo
04-25-2011, 10:22 AM
"ps if you use a 2 oz or 3 or 4 oz slip weight to will get u down abit if down rigger is not in budget"

I find having thicker line 14 # helps the slip weight stay in place. Our biggest to date was a 16 lbder caught by Rattle Snake Island just out from Peachland.

And the secret is out. :) We would focus most of our time on the north side of the island.

If you go to the Island, bring a putter and balls for some mini-golf, there are remnants of a course on the island. Remember, there is a reason that the island is named Rattlesnake.

Some more info. but don't tell anyone... ;)

Bring some jigs and bait if you want some Burbot for dinner. The shelves around the island are THICK with them.