PDA

View Full Version : Fly fishing near spruce grove/edmonton

rookflyguy
04-23-2011, 06:52 PM
In spruce grove for the weekend curious where about i can try fly fishing in and around the area or is it too eairly in the season thanks

J

ghostguy6
04-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Most of the lakes in that area have winterkilled and most likely are still frozen over. You could try the NSR.

rookflyguy
04-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Any good spots u know of? i was thinking of trying around devon around that bridge only spot i know of i dont live around here so any tips would be great thanks

J

Altawhitetail_11
04-23-2011, 10:10 PM
If you feel like taking a spin into Beaumont there's a great little pond there, they stock it in may but it winters well and if the ice is starting to retreat from shore, the poor rainbows will be really hungry. I have the best luck with a royal coachman dry fly, good luck buddy!!

lifesaflyin
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
If you feel like taking a spin into Beaumont there's a great little pond there, they stock it in may but it winters well and if the ice is starting to retreat from shore, the poor rainbows will be really hungry. I have the best luck with a royal coachman dry fly, good luck buddy!!

that's if it didn't winter kill

Redneck Renagade
04-23-2011, 10:14 PM
A couple good spots to flyfish would be muir lake and salters lake by onoway both lakes have produced some good sized trout over the last few years

lifesaflyin
04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
A couple good spots to flyfish would be muir lake and salters lake by onoway both lakes have produced some good sized trout over the last few years

muir lake doesn't open for a while yet.

Altawhitetail_11
04-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Lifefly, the Beaumont pond does winter kill a few of the little guys but we catch rainbows over 2/3 lbs every year. I reckon those ones are surviving, it's definitely deep enough. First ice off is the best time for the bigguns.

Dak1138
04-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Am I the only one that has noticed he is in spruce grove for the weekend?
I think everything is still iced over so I guess the river is your best bet or find a small creek or stream that empties into it and hope for the best.