PDA

View Full Version : Carson Pegasus Lake

slawton2
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
I am looking to try fishing Carson Pegasus lake in May or June and was wondering if anyone has any information on types of lures or bait I should use. I was also wondering what are some hot spots to try. Any help would be great. Thanks

Daceminnow
04-24-2011, 04:06 PM
will you be fishing from some sort of watercraft or are you shore fishing?

Willowtrail
04-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Mepps or small countdown rap's and willow leafs don't hurt either trolling. As for hot spots on that lake, anywhere there's water. They stock in may and there's tons of fish to catch.

-JR-
04-24-2011, 04:55 PM
5 of dimonds always works !

dto60
04-24-2011, 05:07 PM
I have had luck trolling with a green woolly bugger.

I have heard of folks having luck ice fishing on that lake with a small hook and some left over shrimp ring shrimp.

slawton2
04-24-2011, 08:26 PM
I will be fishing from a boat. Thanks for the input on the lures. These trout seem less finicky than other lakes that I have tried for trout, I have had trouble catching rainbows for some reason.

slawton2
04-24-2011, 08:30 PM
I will also not be using a fly rod so something like a woolley bugger I wouldn't be able to use I don't think. Thanks

Daceminnow
04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
I will be fishing from a boat. Thanks for the input on the lures. These trout seem less finicky than other lakes that I have tried for trout, I have had trouble catching rainbows for some reason.

dragging a fly use sinking line. olive and brown crystal buggers work well. when spin fishing troll the frog or black/metal fleck flatfish. the "narrows" between the smaller and larger body of water is a good spot. do large figure eights in and out of the narrows staying on the larger side of the lake. vary your speed on the turns. the trout like to hit the flys/lures after they sink and speed up toward the surface again.

Safety D
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Your going to SLAY em !!!!!

Stumpslayer
04-24-2011, 10:58 PM
You don't have to use a fly rod to drag flies,6 lb test and a small barrel swivel to keep your line from twisting and about 8 feet behind that a fly of your choice, they seem to hit just about anything including your swivel! I troll about 125 yards out from the boardwalk down the length to the narrows, I catch quite a few and release them, sometimes the people on the boardwalk using bait can get a bit touchy especially if they are not catching fish!

slawton2
04-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks for all the help. I will probably try everthing that has been suggested. What if I have 20lb test line on my rod right now, do I have use 6lb to drag a fly? Thanks

Willowtrail
04-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Is it mono or braid. If you can't or don't want to change it the tie on some mono or my preference would be fluorocarbon on as a leader. That time of year the water is pretty clear, so the longer the better. Let me know when your going, I want to hit that lake before they stock it as soon as the ice is out.

HunterDave
04-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Use a willow leaf with 6" of line and a hook on the bottom of it and about one third of a juicy dew worm balled up and covering the hook. Put your line about 50 to 70 feet behind the boat and adjust your trolling speed so you have about a 6" bend at the end of your rod (for a medium light action rod). Troll around a bit and when you catch a trout keep trolling back and forth through that area. If you run out of worms a little cleo will work okay for you. Good luck and have fun! :)

slawton2
04-25-2011, 10:43 AM
The line I use is the spiderwire monofiliament. I will probably be out May long weekend for the first time this year. Thanks

Jwood 456
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
As for a spot to try at Carson, try the small side of the lake at the south central end where there is a clearing and a small steep bank coming down into the water. I have caught more trout in this spot than what I have caught in most other areas of the lake.

Paul C
04-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I would suggest you try ultra lite fishin with 4 lb test fluorocarbon line and a rod to match. It is alot of fun.
Happy Trout Huntin:)