PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question Just give your thoughts....

Dust1n
04-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Is fishing in closed waters illigal when fishing a lure with no hooks?

uplander
04-24-2011, 03:30 PM
ya pretty sure its still considered fishing but I think it's in the grey area and it would be pretty hard to fight that ticket if you were given one

Pudelpointer
04-24-2011, 03:30 PM
And what would be the point of doing so?

TyreeUM
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
is it illegal to hunt whitetail out of season with a paintball gun?

Speckle55
04-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Roflmao.. and the answer is.... yes it is illegal to fish with no hook in a close to fishing area period

TyreeUM ....use a coup stick;; thats the new fad;;:bad_boys_20:

pickrel pat
04-24-2011, 03:46 PM
waters are closed at times of the year for a reason. like spawning time for example..... its to not stress out or disturb them during that critical time.....that is why you shouldnt bother them.

Dust1n

i didnt know it was legal lol

Albertafisher
I think they will allow for you to practice fly-casting with a piece of yarn, or baitcasting accuracy with a practice plug, but otherwise I doubt they would allow you to fish with a Rapala or a spoon.

I don't know though... Personally the only point of using hook-less lures would be to see what the fish are striking at in the early season. But even then, it would be hard to determine the fish species (unless you knew exactly what fish were in the lake/river). And in the end, there is really is no significant information that can be gleaned.
But if its legal, go for it! :happy0034:

Dust1n
04-24-2011, 03:50 PM
thanks albertafisher i wont but i was just wondering your ideas and if anyone else has thought about doing it. im okay though for a ticket :)

chubbdarter
04-24-2011, 03:55 PM

lol be some colorful deer

is it illegal to chase women if you need the blue pill?

bloopbloob
04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't think so, but really have no idea. just my thinking, that if there is no hook on the line, you aren't fishing. From my understanding of the regs, seems like sportfishing requires a hook. Never done it out of season, but in the summer, I take the hook off one of my biggest spoons, and the gf will cast it out just so she's involved. She absolutely doesn't want to catch a fish (vegetarian and animal lover), but wants to do something while I fish, and just likes casting for something to do. I don't think practice casting is illegal.... but maybe I'll learn otherwise....

Speckle55
04-24-2011, 07:49 PM
lol be some colorful deer

is it illegal to chase women if you need the blue pill?

No but you must do catch and release ; :sHa_shakeshout:

Dust1n
04-24-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't think so, but really have no idea. just my thinking, that if there is no hook on the line, you aren't fishing. From my understanding of the regs, seems like sportfishing requires a hook. Never done it out of season, but in the summer, I take the hook off one of my biggest spoons, and the gf will cast it out just so she's involved. She absolutely doesn't want to catch a fish (vegetarian and animal lover), but wants to do something while I fish, and just likes casting for something to do. I don't think practice casting is illegal.... but maybe I'll learn otherwise....

we need F&W here....i guess its like fishing prespawn bass before tournaments...

bloopbloob
04-24-2011, 07:58 PM
we need F&W here....i guess its like fishing prespawn bass before tournaments...

oh, she doesn't want bass stocked in alberta... :thinking-006:

Dust1n
04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
i dont want them in alberta there fine where there at IMO i just want our other fish getting the short end of the stick. i fish bass 2 times a year in BC and wasginton

bloopbloob
04-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm kidding. But I WOULD like to know a concrete answer from an authority to this (well actually more towards hookless 'fishing' (practice casting) in open season without a licence).

alodar
04-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Well id think its not legal cuz from time to time your hooks dont even hook a pike for example they just refuse to let go so in theory id say u could still catch fish but when i first started bait casting i used to cast out a weight only and almost got a ticket(2 lines) so i wouldnt tempt fait. If ur reallly currious u could email f&w our opinions are just that opinions to assume theyre correct will only make am ass outa u n me ;)

redranger15
04-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Dude......you need a girlfriend. Then dump her when season starts.:sSc_hiding:

pickrel pat
04-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Dude......you need a girlfriend. Then dump her when season starts.:sSc_hiding:one that dont fish as much as you!!! lol