PDA

View Full Version : Horsefly & Taber Lakes

Dale S
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Got out to both lakes this past weekend. Only for a couple of hours with no fish. Water is really dirty from all the run off. There are'nt many spots to fish from shore at those lakes, so they get fished alot.13 more days for the real fishing to start, chasing sturgen.

Dust1n
04-25-2011, 08:43 PM
winter killed?

Dale S
04-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I herd around town that they are catching some. These irrigation lakes down south usually dont winter kill. They produce lots of fish but all hammer handles, and hard to fish in the summer because of weeds. If you drag your 12 ft. allum. through the weeds and get out in the middle its good fishing. One afternoon on one of these lakes 3 of us caught 70 pike in a couple hours. We had 5 triple headers.

npauls
04-25-2011, 09:11 PM
I was just going to say that you should head out with a little tinner and see what you can find. I am giving my tinner to my dad because the only places I use it is at the forks and sugar factory lake so I mite as well let him have it and just use it whenever I am in taber.

I was hoping to get out there for some early pike action but haven't had the chance yet. I don't think I will end up making it out there since walleye season starts up soon and I have a bunch of stuff to get ready before that happens.