PDA

View Full Version : Dad, son, and grandson need to know...

Deglmon
04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Folks, I am counting on you to tell me where I can take my Dad and 11 year old son for a once in a lifetime experience. I'm talking trophy size and abundance... preferably walleye. We can fly if we must but driving would be preferred. This trip is about bonding but if the fishing is awesome that can only help! Let me know where, what and when, I am your sponge... Alberta, NWT, Northern Sask, Manitoba?? Thanks in advance.

uplander
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
I wish I was your son....

hal53
04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Check out Bistcho Lake....haven't been there for a few years, but guys beside us caught a 11# Walleye....and literally a fish every cast....

chubbdarter
04-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Folks, I am counting on you to tell me where I can take my Dad and 11 year old son for a once in a lifetime experience. I'm talking trophy size and abundance... preferably walleye. We can fly if we must but driving would be preferred. This trip is about bonding but if the fishing is awesome that can only help! Let me know where, what and when, I am your sponge... Alberta, NWT, Northern Sask, Manitoba?? Thanks in advance.

if trophy is over 15lbs abundance is tough...so I'll list prime chance spots

Bay of Quinte
Dalles on the Columbia
Missouri Breaks
Nipawan

just my picks

Deglmon
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the chuckle Uplander...
Hal, I appreciate the suggestion, I used to live in Rainbow Lake and drove into Bistchu for an overnight at Tapawingo. -40c and only 3 pike. biggest about 6 pounds. Often thought I'd like a round two in the summer time. It's definitely on my radar...

Deglmon
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks chubdarter. I only recognized Nipawin! Are the other spots Canadian and walleye?

whitetailhntr
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
If I were you I'd look into to northwestern Ontario. Anywhere between Kenora to Thunder bay. Lots of great walleye lakes and lodges/outfitters to help you out. The fishing is always good.I'n sure a google search will turn up a bunch of options.

chubbdarter
04-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks chubdarter. I only recognized Nipawin! Are the other spots Canadian and walleye?

sorry didnt see your provincial requirements

Jwood 456
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
If you want to go to a North Sask lake full of large walleye, you should head up to Tobin lake near Nipawin Saskatchewn. I have seen 10+lbers wash up to shore there and have seen people pull 10ish lbers out of there. The minnows at the bait shop were closed, so I basically got skunked.:sign0080:
It was still a great time anyways. As for jigs to use, use a 4'' curly tail chartreuse jig tipped with a shiner. The walleye seem to bite great in the late evening as well, so It may not hurt to use a glow lindy jig head.

horsetrader
04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
if trophy is over 15lbs abundance is tough...so I'll list prime chance spots

Bay of Quinte
Dalles on the Columbia
Missouri Breaks
Nipawan

just my picks

No place has walleye like the Bay of Quinte

Jwood 456
04-25-2011, 11:33 PM
If you want to go to a North Sask lake full of large walleye, you should head up to Tobin lake near Nipawin Saskatchewn. I have seen 10+lbers wash up to shore there and have seen people pull 10ish lbers out of there. The minnows at the bait shop were closed, so I basically got skunked.:sign0080:
It was still a great time anyways. As for jigs to use, use a 4'' curly tail chartreuse jig tipped with a shiner. The walleye seem to bite great in the late evening as well, so It may not hurt to use a glow lindy jig head.

OMG I got to watch my grammer better and get some more sleep lol. In the statement "The minnows at the bait shop were closed, so I basically got skunked":sign0176::scared0018:
I meant to say "The minnows at the bait shop were sold out and the bait shop was closed, so I basically got skunked."

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Do a Manitoba fishing trip , Spoil yourself with some , Walleye , Bass , Fat Catfish , and others . Get in contact with the fellas at Cats on the red either Stu Or Richard . Great guys . I did this trip a few years back and I still talk about it like it was yesterday .

Fishfinder
04-26-2011, 04:03 AM
OMG I got to watch my grammer better and get some more sleep lol. In the statement "The minnows at the bait shop were closed, so I basically got skunked":sign0176::scared0018:
I meant to say "The minnows at the bait shop were sold out and the bait shop was closed, so I basically got skunked."

It's "grammar" not "grammer":sHa_sarcasticlol: Just poking fun:)
X2 on Tobin from what I've heard, large Walters are not uncommon but never been personally. Hope to someday.
Wherever u end up Deg, hope u and ur fam have an awesome time.
Cheers n GL!

35 whelen
04-26-2011, 06:54 AM
lots of great fly in camps in manitoba ,EDMOUND LAKE ,PINE ISLAND , good luck

buzzard
04-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Trout Lake. Northern Sask. Boreal Camps. Take a look at their website. About a 20 min flight north of Laronge. The camp is awesome. Very affordable. I've been 6 times,my son's been at least 10 times. We are heading up in 6 weeks if the ice is out. The Churchill river runs through the lake so some good walleye holes. Big pike too, 21 lb biggest to date and all you can eat. I cannot say enough good things about this place.

MountainTi
04-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Trout lake NWT has some pretty amazing walleye fishing. About a 30 min. flight out of Ft. Liard

redranger15
04-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Lake of the Prairies, sask-man border. Only if you like to catch a hundred pickeral.

Speckle55
04-26-2011, 01:06 PM
if money is not a issue use a Guide in one of those areas for one day ..and have fun fun fun!!! David

gatorhunter
04-26-2011, 07:01 PM
For trophy walleyes from a beautiful lake, check out the lodges on Lake Athapapuskow near Flin Flon, MB/Creighton, SK. The scenery is breathtaking, water is gin clear. Trophy walleyes, northerns and LAKERS! Drive to lake and lodges, hundreds of miles of shoreline.

If a bonding experience is your main objective then do like Big Bad John said. Call Stu at Cats on the Red just north of Winnipeg. He'll take you out on his pontoon boat, bbq a steak on the water and catch a few hundred pounds of tough, rude and ignorant channel catfish.

You will not be disappointed.

http://www.catsonthered.net/

TyreeUM
04-26-2011, 09:01 PM
No place has walleye like the Bay of Quinte

I beg to differ, we beat the quinte guys every time there is a bounty walleye tourney...go to nipawin and get a good guide.

Chris K
04-27-2011, 12:08 AM

Nipawin would be my number one choice, and the second to third week of July, the fishing is unreal for big fish. Twin Marine is right on the river, and Steve and Nicole can help you out with everything from breakfast to guided fishing, and boat rentals.

I have two other options as well. The Fraser River out in Chilliwack for white sturgeon is an incredible trip, and although it's not walleye, you have a chance at catching a prehistoric monster up to 12 feet in length. Even a 100 pound 5.5 footer is the fight of a lifetime, and very common to catch. I love going to Lake of the Woods out of Kenora, Ontario. A trip there is absolutely incredible. Walleye, Small mouth and largemouth bass, muskie, crappie, pike, and lake trout can all be caught. There is one fellow in particular named Jeff Gustafson who is a local guide and very accomplished angler, and heading out with him is an incredible adventure. I highly recomend spending time with him on the water, and you will have a very unique experience you will never ever forget.

CK

Deglmon
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I value your feedback. I think I've got this trip figured out and probably the next couple as well!!

horsetrader
04-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I beg to differ, we beat the quinte guys every time there is a bounty walleye tourney...go to nipawin and get a good guide.

I will agree with you Saskatchewan has some awesome walleye....But I still think Ontario is still walleye capital of Canada and will produce the next Official Canadian record. It has already produced an unofficial record of over 25 lbs.
If you beat Quinte every year then congrates and keep fishing.

TyreeUM
04-27-2011, 10:43 PM
I will agree with you Saskatchewan has some awesome walleye....But I still think Ontario is still walleye capital of Canada and will produce the next Official Canadian record. It has already produced an unofficial record of over 25 lbs.
If you beat Quinte every year then congrates and keep fishing.

what is this gibberish you are talking about...walleye over 25lbs?

horsetrader
04-28-2011, 01:38 AM
what is this gibberish you are talking about...walleye over 25lbs?

bottom of 1st page
www.walleyeheaven.com/world-record-walleye.htm

topgun
04-28-2011, 06:32 AM
For walleyes Therieau lake lodge in Sask

TyreeUM
04-28-2011, 07:34 AM
bottom of 1st page
www.walleyeheaven.com/world-record-walleye.htm

this is starting to hijack the thread - sorry, but this is the only reference I could find to this 25lb 3 oz walleye...I think it is bogus

horsetrader
04-28-2011, 09:13 AM
this is starting to hijack the thread - sorry, but this is the only reference I could find to this 25lb 3 oz walleye...I think it is bogus

That's you opinion and your welcome to it ......no worries

Mr.twister
04-28-2011, 04:41 PM
theirs no fish in or around tobin...:innocent: