PDA

View Full Version : hook color

gui
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
i was just wondering if the diff hook colors mattered. does it matter to the fish... does it attract them more than other ones? like reds or bronze or silver or w/e.. i was just wondering. what is the best color to use if it matters cuz i have red hooks and silver and bronze etc.

gramps73
04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=89491

Talked about last week, have a read some very good points.
good luck.
g73

liar
04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
i read on this site once that " lures are made to attract fisherman " . i think there is some truth to this but there times when some colours seem to out preform others , however , i have never been able to make a consistent patern as to when or where certain colours work better than others .

Fishfinder
04-26-2011, 09:03 AM
i read on this site once that " lures are made to attract fisherman " . i think there is some truth to this but there times when some colours seem to out preform others , however , i have never been able to make a consistent patern as to when or where certain colours work better than others .

I think the OP is asking about HOOK color not lure colors. Gramps73 is right, read the recent previous thread on this point. Lotsa diff opinions.
I personally don't think it makes a difference AT ALL but I'm not the right guy to ask, as I like to use bait quite often if permitted, and regardless of HOOK color, the fishies don't see it anyway...till it's too late:D
Cheers n GL!