PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid lake

Thundercatcher
04-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Has anyone ever fished Pyramid lake in Jasper?

Speckle55
04-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Has anyone ever fished Pyramid lake in Jasper?
Yes a Number of times what do you need to know? David

And Pyramid Lake in Nevada by Reno nice Cutthroats:sHa_shakeshout:

Thundercatcher
04-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Just wondering if fishing is good in that lake and what kind of fish.

Jwood 456
04-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Fished Pyramind lake from shore on the May long weekend last year. Had
what I suspect was a small lake trout on. I also heard from one of the Fishing hole employees i'm sort of buddys with tell me that there is the odd 20+lber laker in that lake. As I have little experience with that lake, I don't know what works great there for sure. The lure I got the bite on, was a red and yellow 4'' tube jig. Also, I don't think it would hurt to try epic lake trout spoons such as gold and silver williams wobblers or half wave spoons. I have also faired good at some lakes with Kastmaster spoons, so I would also see if a silver Kastmaster 3'' or 1.5'' works there.

Also, I hear there are rainbow trout in there that are willing to take flys, but I don't know the exact patterns that work as I wasn't targetting them.

If you ask a local for info, I wouldn't reccomend fully relying on their info. I believe I have been lied to locals quite a few times.

Speckle55
04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
The main fish is Lake Trout but i have heard that there are some Rainbows(Local stocking) in there too and there is rocky mountain white fish .. the lakers will be up top on lake till end of June .. and every year there are a few nice ones caught,, Polar Bear jigs and jigs work bottom bouncing although they must be lead free local shop have them.. 14 lber caught last year.. David

Jwood 456
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
As for finding lead free jig heads thundercather, they sell them at the fishin hole, and there are special ones you can get there as well, that can actually be hidden into a tube jig body. Wholesale sports sold some flasher lead free jig heads as well. As for the propeller jigheads, I could not find any in a packedge labeling them as lead free and had to get the unpackedged ones with no labeling. Heres the product number by the way to indetify that they are the lead free ones. #213545

McLeod
04-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Just for clarity your jigs and spoons do NOT have to be lead free if they are 50 grams or over in weight. You can do the math. There are Rainbows around the island. Nice lake to spend a day or take the family in the summer for day at the beach.

TyreeUM
04-28-2011, 07:40 AM
we were gonna fish it a couple years ago, but there was a grizz causing trouble up there so my wife gave that a big "no"....so we went and fished Moab where we passed 2 bears on the way in and one on the way out haha

troutpirate
05-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Fished Pyramind lake from shore on the May long weekend last year. Had
what I suspect was a small lake trout on. I also heard from one of the Fishing hole employees i'm sort of buddys with tell me that there is the odd 20+lber laker in that lake. As I have little experience with that lake, I don't know what works great there for sure. The lure I got the bite on, was a red and yellow 4'' tube jig. Also, I don't think it would hurt to try epic lake trout spoons such as gold and silver williams wobblers or half wave spoons. I have also faired good at some lakes with Kastmaster spoons, so I would also see if a silver Kastmaster 3'' or 1.5'' works there.

Also, I hear there are rainbow trout in there that are willing to take flys, but I don't know the exact patterns that work as I wasn't targetting them.

If you ask a local for info, I wouldn't reccomend fully relying on their info. I believe I have been lied to locals quite a few times.

there are a few rainbows in pyramid(natural reproduction not transplants) but there numbers arent many and their growth rate is poor. you will catch a l,ot of rockies on the fly at pyramid while waiting for the rainbows. the lakers also are game for a fly if deep enough.

your right about the locals. they lie. double shrimp anyone?:lol::lol::lol:

14lbs pyramid laker

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/lanebohn/2010%20mission/1572_1_t-1.gif