PDA

View Full Version : bass pro shops

alodar
04-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Well it only took 2 visits for me to not want to return....... very dismal customer experience in the fly shop

elnino54
04-29-2011, 06:19 PM
I work there part time..........What made it so bad for you ?

gramps73
04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
The guys in the fly shop.. lol:scared0018:

alodar
04-29-2011, 07:36 PM

Exactly well this one kid offered no helpful information and i had to stand there for 5 minutes listening to him make fun of this girl and insupt her cuz she was buying peacock feathers and had facial piercings( the 2 werent related) then his utter rudeness to myself and simply asking if theyd pre pinch my barbs for me. I got a "no! That y we sell plires buy some and do it yourself" tfh in edmonton does this for me when requested. But beside the fact a simple sorry we cant do that would have sufficed. So needless to say i spoke to the manager. I also find them higher priced which i could have dealt with until it came with poor customer service..... ill be finding a new fishing shop next time im down this way i might even try to find the fishin hole calgary

Dust1n
04-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I work there part time..........What made it so bad for you ?

Iv been there lots of times iv had good service i asked him a few questions he awnsered em as best as he could and i was satified.
too bad they fired that asian guy he knew his stuff..

alodar
04-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Iv been there lots of times iv had good service i asked him a few questions he awnsered em as best as he could and i was satified.
too bad they fired that asian guy he knew his stuff..

First time was good second time bad it was not the same people first time it was 2 gentlemen in their mid thirties or older answered all of my questions and gave me a few tips and were very polite second time young fellow and bad experience. So im 50/50 good and bad. Thats not a good sign ill shop elsewhere

alacringa
04-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Just FYI...threads complaining about service at sporting goods stores tend to get shut down pretty quickly.

With that being said, things will vary from store to store, and from visit to visit. I have found that the BPS fly shop employees tend to stay in a group at the counter, and you don't really get more than a casual comment from them; in addition, their prices are a bit high, and their selection a bit low. The WSS fly shop, on the other hand, provides consistently friendly service, reasonable prices, and pretty good selection. I have other opinions of other departments in each of these 2 stores -- WSS is strong in some departments; and BPS is strong in others. You just have to be prepared for that.

alodar
04-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Just FYI...threads complaining about service at sporting goods stores tend to get shut down pretty quickly.

With that being said, things will vary from store to store, and from visit to visit. I have found that the BPS fly shop employees tend to stay in a group at the counter, and you don't really get more than a casual comment from them; in addition, their prices are a bit high, and their selection a bit low. The WSS fly shop, on the other hand, provides consistently friendly service, reasonable prices, and pretty good selection. I have other opinions of other departments in each of these 2 stores -- WSS is strong in some departments; and BPS is strong in others. You just have to be prepared for that.

Good info thx. Ill have to check em out next trip perhaps

BiggDirty
04-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I've had great service everytime I've gone to Fish Tales. You might want to give them a try next time your down.

elnino54
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM

Thx Corey..........

tasco
04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
I was at Bass pro the other day, snooping at fish finders. I did not make my way to the fly section. But the guy at the fish finder section was very informative chatted him up for 1/2 an hour, did not even buy anything this time around. They also had a boat license booth there so, I got myself one of those. I like that store. I could go broke there in a hurry if I did not have any self control. I find the service there excellent, at least from those I have talked to.

I imagine every store has 1 or 2 people working that should not be employed. I just walk away from those clerks that I do not want to deal with.

j3006
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
whole sale sports.

Everytime I go there the sale people are like used car salesmen; always there.

Except for there gun counter, that sucks.

I live in Airdrie and visit BPS ALOT and always had not bad service; but some of the people have NO knowlege of the items they are selling.

It is all about the training. My experience is ask the old guys there. They know a thing or too.

Cheers.

Lambo
04-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Sorry to add fuel to the fire but I'd have to agree with the lack of service at BPS. I went there last week looking to buy the I-pilot trolling motor. 3 sales guys behind counter stood there chatting with one another about the hockey game while another customer and I waited for service. When one of the guys finally offered to help, he either didn't know anything about the I-pilot or he didn't care to try to sell one so I left. Went to Fishin Hole and bought the Terrova I-Pilot and an onboard charger from Kelly. Kelly really knows his sh!t when it comes to boat electronics. I was able to make an informed decision and walked out of the store happy. Can't wait to use it on the water!

32-40win
04-29-2011, 11:36 PM
I've come to the conclusion that if I see something interesting in a box store like Basspro or Wholesale, that I could use some info on, I will ask once of whoever is there. About 1/2 of the time I will get a decent answer. Then I go home and do some research on it, and make a decision there. Then go back to 2 or 3 stores and get the one with the best price, or go and buy it on the internet, if I can get a good deal that way.
In most cases I try to make sure I know what I want, what I need to know about it and what I am willing to pay for it before I go there. It saves a lot of time with dealing with people who are supposedly being paid to work there and sell something.
Or just go to a place that is actually more specialized in the product to start with.

SushiUnagi
04-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Yea the service is only as good as the person helping you out.
But I have to agree BPS is not that great. I think I only had anyone come up to me and asked if I needed help...and it was one of those fishing pros. Even counting that it has only been a 5% chance with any customer service.

Just this month I was @ the Fish Finders dept, this guy would just stand there inside the area without even acknowledging or ask if I needed help. Not sure if he's even working there. Definitely horrid customer service...or wait...zero customer service.

Both Fishinghole and WSS are great. Staffs are always friendly and willing to help. WSS makes me feel like I walked in to Futureshop, but I don't think they are on comission there unlike futureshop? In any case, both of those (WSS & Fishinhole) are night and day when compared to BPS. Hopefully Cabelas in Edmonton would be another good store.

SushiUnagi
04-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Sorry not to derail but some of you mentioned of purchasing stuffs online...can you PM me the sites that you had experience with? Are they cdn sites or do you have to pay duty regardless?

SonnyJ
04-30-2011, 12:11 AM
I only ever made one purchase at BPS (reel) and I thoght the service was great..:)

I must have hit them on a good day...lol

slipbobber
04-30-2011, 07:04 AM
About a month ago I was at BPS looking at fishfinders. Gerry spent alot of time with me and I never bought anything. Was there last weekend to purchase something and luckily Gerry was working again. He remembered me and answed all questions I had and I bought a fishfinder from him. Are all BPS empolyees like Gerry. Probably not. Go into Costco or any box store and find someone knowledgable about everything. Good luck. Go to Canadian Tire on a weekend and try to find someone over 16 to help you out.

Triple Threat
04-30-2011, 07:33 AM
I must be different, I don't like to be approched instantly I walk into a store. If I am looking at something then I will ask for some help. And some times that well take some walking to find someone but so be it.

We are just customers not kings to be waited on hand and foot. Do some of the leg work and your experience might be better instead of relying on some kid that is only there to get a pay check. Just my thoughts.

gramps73
04-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Thx Corey..........

Wow never thought it would have been the guys in the fly shop, I have shop this store more then once matter a fact I was given a preferred rewards card.
I must say out of the box stores Bass is my fav.

Ken07AOVette
04-30-2011, 10:21 AM
I noticed the same thing the last time at bps, in the fly area. The young guys stood there chatting, hardly even answered anyones questions. I will try again tomorrow.

The best cs I have had in a long time was at wss south Edmonton last time, the clerk almost ran to get the things I asked for, had a neat pile of stuff for me when he was done, perfect service. I was trying to outfit for a Chans chromy.

ishootbambi
04-30-2011, 10:24 AM
i dont know anything about the fishing department, but i know there is a least one guy in archery who knows his stuff.

pikester
04-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Well I'll thow my opinion in & say that a few quality employees aside, service at BPS is marginal at best but they certainly don't hold the monopoly on that! The worst thing about most box stores is that besides a few people, they tend to have a fairly high turn over rate so the good service you had last month might not be experienced by the client who shops the same department now or vise versa. It's a lot like my local Canadian Tire; if you know what you want, where in the store to find it, & don't have any involved questions to ask about that product then you're good to go, if not then God help you!

It would maybe more positive & beneficial to everyone if these noteworthy induviduals who go out of their way to help people & are willing to take the time to explain things to those who require it received some sort of honourable mention in a thread like this as well as what department they work in to help guide us consumers to having a much more pleasant shopping experience. Also might get the attention of the supervisors & managers if they have certain employees that are constantly requested or asked for in regards to who meets the needs of customer service & where they need to improve ?

Ken07AOVette
04-30-2011, 03:00 PM
While I am there tomorrow, I am going to subtly ask the clerks I deal with, if they have heard of the forum. Hopefully I see a supervisor or 2.

Dust1n
04-30-2011, 03:14 PM
the guy with one hand is great he ran out of his wayy to get a BPS. same with the past guys who left neil and the asian guy.

tonycanevaro
04-30-2011, 03:20 PM
WSS i talked to two guys and one, was okay, but then i fou d this older fellow and he phmped me full of information on the local lakes (me being kinda new) and was very, very helpful. This one guy guarantees that i go there first.

brendan85
04-30-2011, 10:30 PM
the guy with one hand is great he ran out of his wayy to get a BPS. same with the past guys who left neil and the asian guy.

i agree. the first guy you speak of is the one who helped me not too long ago when i bought another reel and line for it. he was more than helpful and had a good attitude.

Mish@
05-01-2011, 06:18 AM
I remembber reading about Cabelas earlier in the thread. I have been at Cabelas in Utah. I must say that everybody knew their stuff pretty well in fishing. They answered all my questions as well as they could. Hopefully Cabelas in Edmonton will be as good!

Calgaryguy1977
05-01-2011, 07:57 AM
I fail to see the logic or reasoning behind making such statements. The store is only as good as the person waiting on you but all stores in every industry have good and bad employees. If you get a bad one then move on instead of judging the rest of the store or the rest of the employees. Just yesterday a woman I work with said she wanted a mustang but wont buy one now cause the salesman was a "jerk". I fail to see how a salesman being a jerk should prevent you from buying a car. I mean there are different salesmen, dealerships etc. If you want a mustang then buy one.....if you want good service then deal with someone else. If one guy at one dealership turns you completely off of buying a car I think there's deeper seeded issues that need to be addressed.
Just sounds like bad reasoning to me.

The thing you mention that I think is kind of unfair is pinching the hooks. That is not their responsibility, they sell hooks not barb pinching service. Just because some smaller shop you visit does this, that doesn't make the large store have bad service. It's just going the extra mile to compete with the big guy so you cant blame the big guy for not doing it.

slipbobber
05-01-2011, 08:51 AM
The thing you mention that I think is kind of unfair is pinching the hooksI fail to see the logic or reasoning behind . That is not their responsibility, they sell hooks not barb pinching service. Just because some smaller shop you visit does this, that doesn't make the large store have bad service. It's just going the extra mile to compete with the big guy so you cant blame the big guy for not doing it.[/QUOTE]

I can see a new thread starting now that the people at BPS didn't pinch my barps enough and now I got pinched by F & W. Blah, Blah, Blah. Whats it going to be next. You want the exact GPS corodinants to the best walleye hole at Pinelake. What ever happened to looking after your own well being. Oh ya, you probably became a union member.

onthefly
05-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't want to make excuses for bad service or defend it but it's a reality in retail, particularly big box retail. BPS has over 200 employees to run that store, you don't think a few of them have zero customer service or retail experience, are 18 years old & have other things on there mind some times (like what hockey games are on & where's the party tonight) or are having a bad day. That place is zoo some times, they work evenings/wkends, the wages are low (retail does not pay much above min wage) and associates don't always get there breaks or lunch's when it's crazy and there short handed. If they could hire all there staff like the guy w/ 1 arm in fishing (I think his name is Al, he's great!) I'm sure they would but they are likely just looking for anyone sometimes to replace the person who quite w/ no notice or stopped showing up.
Ive worked in retail before I am glad I did because it gives me a much different perspective as the customer and what it's like on the side of things. For these reasons the independent fly shops and small stores like TFH have a huge advantage and always will, hence why they will never go out of business to big box retailers like BPS and Cabelas. On that note; for those of you think you wont happen to deal w/ the wrong associate at the wrong time at Cabales and have a bad shopping experience than your crazy, they will deal the same issues as BPS I mentioned above.
All that said I have had some great service in the flyshop at BPS and they have some very helpful knowledgeable staff. Sounds like you happen to be there when a younger guy (I only say that because the guys in the flyshop are mature and older that I have seen) was in the shop who for all we know works in apparel but was covering in there for a sick call.
Again not making excuses for them or saying it was ok to have the service you got but just keep an open perspective... I wouldn't say it's fair to conclude there service or flyshop sucks because of it. Now price and selection... That's a little more black and white which is easier to define.

Cam T
05-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Cont buy fly line there, unless a fly salesman is working. I attempted three times in November/December to buy fly line. I was told that since it is not fishing season, I will have to wait for the "guy" to get back from whereever he was at. Maybe its a gift, or maybe its fly season somewhere else. I was travelling south, in December and I needed some new fly line. I ended up buying it at my desination. So now NO more business for Bass Pro Shop! Fishing season or Not!

bobalong
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Sorry to add fuel to the fire but I'd have to agree with the lack of service at BPS. I went there last week looking to buy the I-pilot trolling motor. 3 sales guys behind counter stood there chatting with one another about the hockey game while another customer and I waited for service. When one sof the guys finally offered to help, he either didn't know anything about the I-pilot or he didn't care to try to sell one so I left. Went to Fishin Hole and bought the Terrova I-Pilot and an onboard charger from Kelly. Kelly really knows his sh!t when it comes to boat electronics. I was able to make an informed decision and walked out of the store happy. Can't wait to use it on the water!

Kelly is an avid angler, and uses a lot of the equipment he sells, this always makes a huge difference. Now if he would just put a steering wheel on his boat...............

chubbdarter
05-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Kelly is an avid angler, and uses a lot of the equipment he sells, this always makes a huge difference. Now if he would just put a steering wheel on his boat...............

geebuss if you making a wish list...turn his van into a truck

gramps73
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Al is his name and yes very helpful...

gramps73
05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
geebuss if you making a wish list...turn his van into a truck

And all i want for christmas....

Sorry Kelly could not help my self, Dan made me do it...

latenite
05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Last time I was there, got some help from a couple of clerks in camping supplies, and they were ok. To be honest, if I met a clerk in any store and was spoken too like that, I would have gone to the manager as well. Maybe he needs to clean sh!tters for a while to learn respect for customers and appreciate having a job.

Lambo
05-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I agree. It's the store manager's job to motivate and instill friendly, helpful customer service to all the department managers and all the sales staff. It all starts at the top.

The Great White Hype
05-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Exactly well this one kid offered no helpful information and i had to stand there for 5 minutes listening to him make fun of this girl and insupt her cuz she was buying peacock feathers and had facial piercings( the 2 werent related) then his utter rudeness to myself and simply asking if theyd pre pinch my barbs for me. I got a "no! That y we sell plires buy some and do it yourself" tfh in edmonton does this for me when requested. But beside the fact a simple sorry we cant do that would have sufficed. So needless to say i spoke to the manager. I also find them higher priced which i could have dealt with until it came with poor customer service..... ill be finding a new fishing shop next time im down this way i might even try to find the fishin hole calgary

I am not surprised you got a no, honestly, i wouldn't do it for you either. You must be something lazy to not be able to pich your own barbs. GET REAL.

Of course the service level will not be to the level TFH, as they are literally 15-20 times the size... And have you seen the crowds>??:confused:

Gust
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I miss Frenchy's

Freedom55
05-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Was a time when I lived upstairs in that place on 9th Ave. They had it all, but sometimes they made you feel like you weren't one of the good ol' boys and would ignore you. If you stood your ground and persisted, you could get in the club, and there was a lot of lore and knowledge in that old place. IMO a lot of the young fellas on this forum would not go into that place more than once. Some of 'em wouldn't even go into that neighborhood back then.

Ribtor's was another good place that is long gone.
BTW Inglewood is my 'hood, as they say

FishingMOM
05-03-2011, 01:24 PM
OP

Why not pay our forum sponor www.ickyflyworks.ca a online visit.

Gust
05-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Was a time when I lived upstairs in that place on 9th Ave. They had it all, but sometimes they made you feel like you weren't one of the good ol' boys and would ignore you. If you stood your ground and persisted, you could get in the club, and there was a lot of lore and knowledge in that old place. IMO a lot of the young fellas on this forum would not go into that place more than once. Some of 'em wouldn't even go into that neighborhood back then.

Ribtor's was another good place that is long gone.
BTW Inglewood is my 'hood, as they say

There used to be a Mohawk on 16th ave that had a really good selection of stuff and not just a few hooks. Frenchy's definitely was an ol'boys club but you could linger for hours in there and bs the colder day's away.

hijack...
Before Inglewood became a chi-chi gated neighborhood;
I was staying at a friends place one summer down by the National Hotel (saw Brian Adams there and we boo'd him off the stage,, he sucked then and still sucks now), anyways, a friend's band was playing DT and I knew that it would be best not to drive. So I thought "damn should I pack some batteries in a sock and walk it?". I opted instead for hooking a crowbar down the leg of my pants which I've never ever considered doing (except in Detroit one night),,, so off I wandered, with a swagger, spitting now and then, trying not to look too "fresh" for lack of a better word. When I got to my destination I was asked something that I've never been asked ever to that point or ever since, "are you carrying a weapon?",, sheepishly I slowly pulled the crowbar up from my waistband, it never seemed to end, . They told me I'd have to re-claim it after the bar closed and I may need to explain why I carry such a large weapon to the Police when they come to check the weapons box. Luckily, the crowbar didn't fit in the box so the cops never questioned a crowbar leaning against the wall. I cabbed it back to where I was staying.

Kokanee9
05-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I opted instead for hooking a crowbar down the leg of my pants which I've never ever considered doing (except in Detroit one night),,, so off I wandered, with a swagger, spitting now and then, trying not to look too "fresh" for lack of a better word. When I got to my destination I was asked something that I've never been asked ever to that point or ever since, "are you carrying a weapon?",, sheepishly I slowly pulled the crowbar up from my waistband, it never seemed to end, .

If we make it out on the water, your not planning on bringing your crowbar are you?
:)

Gust
05-03-2011, 02:04 PM
If we make it out on the water, your not planning on bringing your crowbar are you?
:)

That last post is a really poor reflection of who I am and what I stand for,,, it more had to do with the after-dark aspect of older, recession life, Inglewood and the best way to hoof it through there on foot in the mid 80's.

I'm not a weapon's kinda guy unless you consider 4 days camping B.O a weapon. You've been warned.

Oh! I do carry a ceilagh (<sp?).

Kokanee9
05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I was thinking might not be a bad idea. Could just put you at the front of the boat when we troll the shallows and you could spearfish with your crowbar! LOL.:sHa_shakeshout:Or in willowtrail's boat, you could break the ice in front of it!

claytonass
05-03-2011, 06:57 PM

Howdy yall hows it going , i am the associate that this liar talked to, he is completly full of it. First off the young girl that i was helping (not making fun of) was buying about $300 worth of feathers for a home based jewerly buissness she has, why would i insult a customer that was buying a basket full of hackle, peacock feathers and such. Then the so called customer "alodar" who claims was waiting for service, if he means that looking through the flies as waiting , yea no , came up to me and asked to pay for the two flies he had picked out for fishing the bow river that weekend total cost of like $4.26 and i quote said hey can you pinch my barbs (did not say please) just demanded that i pinch them for him. I asked him why he could not do it himself (cause all real fishermen have pliers with them for fishing) , all he said was that he did not have any pliers with him because he was from edmonton (some excusse eh) so i told hinm that we sell pliers and barb crushers, he didnt want any so i told him NO because it is not our job to pinch barbs, if he said please that would have been a different story but no , he just assumed that its my job to bend over backwards for a rude customer, back to the blog he got mad at me cause i would not pinch the barbs so he stormed out of the shop didnt take his recipt i asked him if he wanted it and he told me off walked out and complained to the first associate that he saw, thinking that just any associate was a manager. We help the people that we can but if you are rude dont bother coming in and please dont lie just because you left your pliers at home or are just to lazy to do it yourself.

Thanks yall for listening, "claytonass"

chubbdarter
05-03-2011, 07:01 PM
oh boy thats a heck of a first post.....welcome to AO

Daceminnow
05-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Howdy yall hows it going , i am the associate that this liar talked to, he is completly full of it. First off the young girl that i was helping (not making fun of) was buying about $300 worth of feathers for a home based jewerly buissness she has, why would i insult a customer that was buying a basket full of hackle, peacock feathers and such. Then the so called customer "alodar" who claims was waiting for service, if he means that looking through the flies as waiting , yea no , came up to me and asked to pay for the two flies he had picked out for fishing the bow river that weekend total cost of like $4.26 and i quote said hey can you pinch my barbs (did not say please) just demanded that i pinch them for him. I asked him why he could not do it himself (cause all real fishermen have pliers with them for fishing) , all he said was that he did not have any pliers with him because he was from edmonton (some excusse eh) so i told hinm that we sell pliers and barb crushers, he didnt want any so i told him NO because it is not our job to pinch barbs, if he said please that would have been a different story but no , he just assumed that its my job to bend over backwards for a rude customer, back to the blog he got mad at me cause i would not pinch the barbs so he stormed out of the shop didnt take his recipt i asked him if he wanted it and he told me off walked out and complained to the first associate that he saw, thinking that just any associate was a manager. We help the people that we can but if you are rude dont bother coming in and please dont lie just because you left your pliers at home or are just to lazy to do it yourself.

welcome. that sounds like some interesting jewelry, can you tell us more. my wifes birthday is around the corner. thanks.

TyreeUM
05-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I go to places like bass pro for the prices (most of the time) but mostly the selection. I do my own research before I buy something. Particularly at a place like bass pro, I can promise you most of the employees have experience using maybe 2% of the product available in the department that they work in. The bass pro website is awesome for product reviews as well.

claytonass
05-03-2011, 07:53 PM
welcome. that sounds like some interesting jewelry, can you tell us more. my wifes birthday is around the corner. thanks.

Hey man would love to help you out but unfortunatly i did not get her web address, but it is a very popular fad that has been sucking up all the good hackles and grizzly hackles, but if your still interested i know that these ladies do frequent the local farmers markets if that helps you out.

Good luck eh

Dust1n
05-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Its funny how hes fishing and he dosent carry pliers to remove hooks inside of there mouths of something else.
I do also leave my pleirs at home but if my barbs arnt pinich i switch the trebles off another hook.
still i guess its all about attatude when you go in there.
the young guy i talked to he was pretty nice he didnt know how to awnser my questions but its ok he tried not everyone knows everything but im happy with BPS service for the most part. and when your on the water theres always people who are more then happy to help you. except if your a spin fisherman talkin to a fly fisherman i always get differnt attatudes....but thats just me.

Daceminnow
05-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Hey man would love to help you out but unfortunatly i did not get her web address, but it is a very popular fad that has been sucking up all the good hackles and grizzly hackles, but if your still interested i know that these ladies do frequent the local farmers markets if that helps you out.

Good luck eh

that's really interesting. i was at another local fly shop last week looking for some supplies for the boy. i young lady walked in, the boys greeted her by name and she asked if the new shipment had arrived. i glanced over as a young lady in the fly shop isn't an every hour of the day occurrence. what was she rummaging through but all the nice hackle on the wall. huh, and here i thought it was nice to see a young lady interested in the hobby of tying?

ArtVandelay
05-04-2011, 09:11 AM
http://www.finefeatherheads.com/

Ken07AOVette
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Great, I have a 17 year old daughter. Time to put the fly tying gear in the safe :mad3:

Daceminnow
05-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Great, I have a 17 year old daughter. Time to put the fly tying gear in the safe :mad3:

never mind. i have two "lookalike" daughters and they've already been busted stealing beads and thread from their brothers tying station. oh, i hope this doesn't go mainstream...........

chubbdarter
05-04-2011, 12:53 PM

hey clay....is that barb crusher a special tool or just a fancy name for pliers, if it special does it do small fly hooks?
thanks

RayL42
05-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I shop at BPS, WSS and The Fishing Hole all frequently. In general I have found the service at BPS less then adequate, however as many have mentioned it varies greatly depending on who helps you, WSS sports just barley adequate but getting better over the last year, and The Fishing Hole always has great service regardless of employee or number of customers in the store.

The value of the items I purchase from each store reflects the service I receive.

claytonass
05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
hey clay....is that barb crusher a special tool or just a fancy name for pliers, if it special does it do small fly hooks?
thanks

No its a tool all to its own, they look like regular pliers but the jaws have no teeth on them so you can pinch a #22 fly with out its barb sliding in between the teeth. I have two pairs one in the vest the other in the car so i always have some with me , makes a huge difference when pinching barbs, we have two styles at the store our brand white river makes some and the other is made by superfly, both are great would stongly recommend them to anyone who spends lots of time crushing barbs.

Have a gooder eh "claytonass"

chubbdarter
05-04-2011, 03:08 PM
No its a tool all to its own, they look like regular pliers but the jaws have no teeth on them so you can pinch a #22 fly with out its barb sliding in between the teeth. I have two pairs one in the vest the other in the car so i always have some with me , makes a huge difference when pinching barbs, we have two styles at the store our brand white river makes some and the other is made by superfly, both are great would stongly recommend them to anyone who spends lots of time crushing barbs.

Have a gooder eh "claytonass"

thanks...i'll be up

Okotokian
05-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Different people, different expectations, different experiences.

My experience with BP is that, yeah, I've run into some younger, inexperienced staff. I don't get bent out of shape about it. They have been friendly and tried to help and it's turned out OK. Actually, the best service I got there was in the fly shop. Older gent really helped out, even leading me around to other parts of the fishing section to help me find things. Very friendly and helpful.

My problem with BP has more to do with the Corporation. No Canadian catalogue in paper or online. If you want to check price, availability, or even whether the item is carried in Canada you have to phone them. PITA. Come on! If Cabela's can produce a Canadian priced website so can you. Make the investment.

FishingMOM
05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Carrying pliers while fishing isnt something I did unless we were out for MUSKY

ArtVandelay
05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't think it's a coincidence that the quality of service is increasing as the size of the store decreases.

I shop at BPS, WSS and The Fishing Hole all frequently. In general I have found the service at BPS less then adequate, however as many have mentioned it varies greatly depending on who helps you, WSS sports just barley adequate but getting better over the last year, and The Fishing Hole always has great service regardless of employee or number of customers in the store.

The value of the items I purchase from each store reflects the service I receive.

chubbdarter
05-04-2011, 03:48 PM
I like to be left alone when tackle shopping, I rather not have someone ask me if im doing okay every 10 minutes. If i say im doing fine and am just looking at everything.....that stands till i ask for help.
unless im at Hooters...she can bug me all she wants

Granrey
05-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I like to be left alone when tackle shopping, I rather not have someone ask me if im doing okay every 10 minutes. If i say im doing fine and am just looking at everything.....that stands till i ask for help.

lol

freeones
05-05-2011, 08:48 AM

X2!!!!!!!

A quick "Can I help you" is all I'm looking for. After that, go away, I'll find you if I have a specific question. The last thing I want is a clerk hanging around asking me questions, or worse yet, telling me what I need based on all of his "knowledge".

alodar
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
OP

Why not pay our forum sponor www.ickyflyworks.ca a online visit.

It was a short notice fishing trip or rather no notice i was lucky to even have a rod in my car lol which is why i had no pliers or i wouldnt even have asked for the pinching to that other poster up there service shouldnt depend on store size you should do what you can to make people want to come back its simple. Have you ever hear the story about the dissatisfoed customer who told 3 of his friends and they each told 3 of theirs and they each told 3 of theirs.................... i totaly forgot bout this thread heh

alodar
05-05-2011, 10:35 AM

Thats hillarious i like your hollywood version of what happened. Exactly what did i say when i "told you off" haha actually after a second thought i dont care im not the only person who thinks you have inadequate service so you can tell people whatever you want im sure your future as a retail sales associate will come to an abrupt end sometime soon ;) good luck with your future.

FishingMOM
05-05-2011, 10:44 AM
It was a short notice fishing trip or rather no notice i was lucky to even have a rod in my car lol which is why i had no pliers or i wouldnt even have asked for the pinching

Really there are fishermen out there who dont carry their equipment in their vehicles 24/7?
H3ll i carry hooks in my wallet/purse, coat pockets and even trunk.
One never knows when one might need to stop an cast a line.

I wouldnt expect a store, any store for that matter to pinch my barbs for me.
But then again that is me.

alodar
05-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Really there are fishermen out there who dont carry their equipment in their vehicles 24/7?

I wouldnt expect a store, any store for that matter to pinch my barbs for me.
But then again that is me.

Yeah i guess im the only one heh ive since put 2 pairs in my glove box so i dont have that issue again

The Fisherman Guy
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I have had my own negative experiences with BPS. Since the issue detailed in this thread http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=79890 I have been in there to buy three big ticket items that they have advertised on their shelves and displays, but they do not have the stock to sell me.

Many, not all, of the sales people at BPS are not helpful and rude.

I have made it a point that I will not give them my business, and it can continue to run as an amusement park with a big gift shop.

Daceminnow
05-05-2011, 12:51 PM

agreed. i think the key word here is "fisherman" to me you're either in or your out. go hard or go home. i don't mean this to sound at all negative, but not having gear at hand in your vehicle doesn't make any sense to me. smokers carry a lighter everywhere right? you're useless without your gear.

Dace

Dust1n
05-05-2011, 07:28 PM
agreed. i think the key word here is "fisherman" to me you're either in or your out. go hard or go home. i don't mean this to sound at all negative, but not having gear at hand in your vehicle doesn't make any sense to me. smokers carry a lighter everywhere right? you're useless without your gear.

Dace

i keep my tackle with my car 24/7

claytonass
05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Thats hillarious i like your hollywood version of what happened. Exactly what did i say when i "told you off" haha actually after a second thought i dont care im not the only person who thinks you have inadequate service so you can tell people whatever you want im sure your future as a retail sales associate will come to an abrupt end sometime soon ;) good luck with your future.

Hey dude i have been at this store for over two years in the fishing dept , your not the first cranky customer that i have had, but you have been the only guy in the two years that we have been open that asked to have barbs pinched, Grow up. Your the kind of guy that gives all the rest of the people bad thoughts, a grown up will not listen to your whining and will make up their own minds lol. I cant say exactly what you said to me when you told me off cause i dont want to get kicked off this forum but you said " Go F yourself " (hope thats not to rude for the rest of the readers my apologises) and your right i am not going to be in retail anymore i am quitting at the end of may cause i cant put up with any whiney customers anymore (2% are whiney like you ) plus the pay sucks, go work in retail for two years then tell me if you would pinch barbs for a grouchy customer.
:angry3:

Quote " you have to look for the best in life "

P.S. stay in Edmonton we southerners dont take kindly to your type down here lol :budo:

Gust
05-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey dude i have been at this store for over two years in the fishing dept , your not the first cranky customer that i have had, but you have been the only guy in the two years that we have been open that asked to have barbs pinched, Grow up. Your the kind of guy that gives all the rest of the people bad thoughts, a grown up will not listen to your whining and will make up their own minds lol, and your right i am not going to be in retail anymore i am quitting at the end of may cause i cant put up with any whiney customers (2% are whiney like you ) anymore go work in retail for two years then tell me if you would pinch barbs for a grouchy customer.

P.S. stay in Edmonton we southerners dont take kindly to your type down here lol :budo:

Uhm, uh,,,, some of us capital "S" Southerners are more than ok with Edmontonians. Now if only our hockey teams could learn to play good hockey again at get that rivalry going again.

Kokanee9
05-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey dude i have been at this store for over two years in the fishing dept , your not the first cranky customer that i have had, but you have been the only guy in the two years that we have been open that asked to have barbs pinched, Grow up. Your the kind of guy that gives all the rest of the people bad thoughts, a grown up will not listen to your whining and will make up their own minds lol, and your right i am not going to be in retail anymore i am quitting at the end of may cause i cant put up with any whiney customers (2% are whiney like you ) anymore go work in retail for two years then tell me if you would pinch barbs for a grouchy customer.

"not the first cranky customer that I have had"
"Grow up"
"Your the kind of guy that gives all the rest of the people bad thoughts"
"a grown up will not listen to your whining"
"i cant put up with any whiney customers (2% are whiney like you )"
"stay in Edmonton we southerners dont take kindly to your type down here"

Do you really expect anybody to give any credibility to your version of events as you have tried to explain them?

Did you give any consideration as to how many people you would be insulting by putting up your comments.

With your remarks above, I can safely say that you and I agree your point of you not having any future in retail. You may want to expand that to include dealing with public in general.

That's the way I see it.

Kokanee9
05-17-2011, 06:00 PM
.................................................. .................

I guess on your behalf, I should also apologize to anybody that lives north of Calgary.

Granrey
05-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Hey dude i have been at this store for over two years in the fishing dept , your not the first cranky customer that i have had, but you have been the only guy in the two years that we have been open that asked to have barbs pinched, Grow up:

is it wrong to request the barbs to be pinched? Just curious, I'm new into fishing and I wonder if this is normal service.

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 06:16 PM
the thread that just wont die...lol

a- is it right to post a thread over 1 bad experience?
b- is it right to black ball a store over not pinching your barbs?
can i ask the butcher at Sobeys to bar-b-q my steak before i leave.?
c- how many people will not go there because of this thread?

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Would it have been a big deal to just pinch the 2 barbs for a customer???

I would be pi$$ed too if I asked a guy to pinch 2 barbs and was told to go buy some pliers that are for sale in the store. It's not like the customer asked him to tie some flies for him. A customer is a customer regardless of how much they spend. For all you know,this customer may have been on his way downstairs to drop $15K on a new boat or quad.

I really do not doubt that some people get fantastic service at BPS, but there are enough instances of people having bad experiences that it is getting a poor reputation.

fishstix
05-17-2011, 06:24 PM
I was actually going to bar b que tonight, but since sobeys wont do it for me i guess ill go without dinner.
Thanks for the heads up chub..

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 07:14 PM
I was actually going to bar b que tonight, but since sobeys wont do it for me i guess ill go without dinner.
Thanks for the heads up chub..

lol...notice all my statements were questions.....im not taking sides

heres what i would of done
1- bought the pliers
2- if they only had crappy pliers i would of used them to pinch my barbs, kinda like a test run and put them back.....lol
3- if the above failed i would of asked a service clerk..' excuse me but im from out of town and forgot my pliers, im buying these 2 hooks to fish the Bow can i please borrow a pair of pliers to pinch the barbs thank you.

im almost certain 1 of the above would of worked.

I think we all expect a certain amount of service .....heres a question.....does anyone complain that superstore doesnt give the same service as the Calgary co-op......i doubt it because we know they have 2 different polices. You can scream at the top of your lungs at the superstore and unless your handicapped they Wont bag your groceries and wheel it to your car and load it.

When you park at a tackle store...look at the signage on the building....do a mental check and do not expect anymore than that store will do for you.

Its not a mystery where i spend my fishing cash......ive witnessed many times a young fellow who works there carry customer items to their car....i asked once and he told me ......never mind what he said, i carried my own bag out lol.
would i expect to see that service at Bass....nah. Not because they dont care...its just the way it is.

NOW my recomendations for improving B-Pro because i go there and enjoy walking around....i even buy such things as Owner hooks there.

1- if your going to build a store as big as a mall....put in some rest areas like a Mall with comfy chairs for us old guys to rest
2- give away free popcorn or peanuts so i can munch and shop

Thats all......

claytonass
05-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Uhm, uh,,,, some of us capital "S" Southerners are more than ok with Edmontonians. Now if only our hockey teams could learn to play good hockey again at get that rivalry going again.

hey man i was refering to aldor not all edmontonians i have lots of friends in edmonton lol

claytonass
05-17-2011, 08:22 PM
"not the first cranky customer that I have had"
"Grow up"
"Your the kind of guy that gives all the rest of the people bad thoughts"
"a grown up will not listen to your whining"
"i cant put up with any whiney customers (2% are whiney like you )"
"stay in Edmonton we southerners dont take kindly to your type down here"

Do you really expect anybody to give any credibility to your version of events as you have tried to explain them?

Did you give any consideration as to how many people you would be insulting by putting up your comments.

With your remarks above, I can safely say that you and I agree your point of you not having any future in retail. You may want to expand that to include dealing with public in general.

That's the way I see it.

Dont see why you care, i am having an argument with this aldor guy, this all started by aldor going online to whine about service, is there a canadian tire forum that you go on to complain about the service, for instance you bought a car battery and the assoicate did not install it for you? come on guy, P.S. i am extremly friendly towards people always holding doors and saying hello, give everybody the benifit of the doubt, when was the last time you asked somebody to "please" help you at a store, has common decency died lately lol, as i say if aldor had said please it would have been all good but no please mean i dont pinch his barbs. my side of the story, you dont have to like it. Have a Gooder

tacklerunner
05-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Chit happens. Shake :sHa_shakeshout: it off, both of you and go fishin'. It's more fun.

claytonass
05-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Would it have been a big deal to just pinch the 2 barbs for a customer???

I would be pi$$ed too if I asked a guy to pinch 2 barbs and was told to go buy some pliers that are for sale in the store. It's not like the customer asked him to tie some flies for him. A customer is a customer regardless of how much they spend. For all you know,this customer may have been on his way downstairs to drop $15K on a new boat or quad.

I really do not doubt that some people get fantastic service at BPS, but there are enough instances of people having bad experiences that it is getting a poor reputation.

Hey dude question would you have said Please when asking for your barbs to be pinched plus its not my job at the store to pinch peoples barbs for them, i provide customer service when you come to a sporting store do you expect people to do anything to please you, no , you come in to talk and maybe learn something i dont know all but i will help you to the best of my knowldge. plus do you go fishing in a catch and release river with out pliers seriously, what if the fish swallows the hook, do you just break your line and say that it might live and who cares ?? . If you get bad service at a walmart do you go online and complain, no you expect walmart to have bad service and you deal with it.

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Chit happens. Shake :sHa_shakeshout: it off, both of you and go fishin'. It's more fun.

what about my popcorn!!!!!!!

claytonass
05-17-2011, 08:50 PM

Hey bud next time your in come grab me from the shop and i will get you a free bag of popcorn :sHa_shakeshout:

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Hey bud next time your in come grab me from the shop and i will get you a free bag of popcorn :sHa_shakeshout:

thats good service....thanks.
in between bites im gonna suggest what other owner hooks you need to stock..lol

Kokanee9
05-17-2011, 08:57 PM

Do I look like I have a chef hat on? You didn't say please. Go down to the movie theater at the other end of the mall and then come back and park your butt in a boat or camping chair in the camping department. While your sitting there have a look at the boat or chair and then maybe you will buy it.

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:00 PM

i think he'd enjoy the big barrel of bass pro shops cheese puffs over popcorn. grab him a nice lounging camp chair and set it in front of the aquarium. he's very comfortable around fish and polar bear hair. you may even convince him to buy the special barb pinching pliers after all that royal treatment. that's the customer service the old fella likes...................

tacklerunner
05-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah.. sit in a Tracker and we'll fry up some bass and pickeral. It's the BEST.

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Do I look like I have a chef hat on? You didn't say please. Go down to the movie theater at the other end of the mall and then come back and park your butt in a boat or camping chair in the camping department. While your sitting there have a look at the boat or chair and then maybe you will buy it.

please..what about my popcorn???

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 09:04 PM
i think he'd enjoy the big barrel of bass pro shops cheese puffs over popcorn. grab him a nice lounging camp chair and set it in front of the aquarium. he's very comfortable around fish and polar bear hair. you may even convince him to buy the special barb pinching pliers after all that royal treatment. that's the customer service the old fella likes...................

hahahhahaha.....too funny

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 09:05 PM
its not my job at the store to pinch peoples barbs for them, i provide customer service when you come to a sporting store do you expect people to do anything to please you, no , you come in to talk and maybe learn something

The guy didn't ask you to pick up his dry cleaning or wash his car. He asked for 2 barbs to be pinched since he did not have pliers. You provide customer service but won't pinch 2 barbs??? Great service you are providing. I could understand if a guy bought a bunch of lures and wanted you to unpackage and squish all the barbs but it was 2 which would have taken how long,30 seconds at most?

I learned one thing,I won't go to BPS and expect anything other than what is strictly stated in the job description of the "customer Service" position.

" Hey could I get a hand putting this heavy thing in my car that I just purchased in your store? I don't have the means to do it."

"Ummm, I didn't hear the magic word dude. Go buy some gym equipment so you can get strong enough to lift the heavy object. It's not my job to put stuff in your car. Come prepared or don't come at all."

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:08 PM
hahahhahaha.....too funny

it's true. his biggest challenge would be to spew out his sales pitch on the pliers before you nod off. belly full of anything, lounging chair, and fish equals nigh nigh time for chubb.

Braun
05-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Dont see why you care, i am having an argument with this aldor guy, this all started by aldor going online to whine about service, is there a canadian tire forum that you go on to complain about the service, for instance you bought a car battery and the assoicate did not install it for you? come on guy, P.S. i am extremly friendly towards people always holding doors and saying hello, give everybody the benifit of the doubt, when was the last time you asked somebody to "please" help you at a store, has common decency died lately lol, as i say if aldor had said please it would have been all good but no please mean i dont pinch his barbs. my side of the story, you dont have to like it. Have a Gooder

it matters to anyone who cares to post. his point is that your not considering how others other than aldor may take your comments. if you call one black guy a N...... do you expect the other black guy beside him to look over his shoulder and say " oh you meant him, its all good"

just sayin.

In my own opinion, reading your comments, reactions, dispositions, seeing how you avoid certain points and change the discussion. my evaluation is that your story is definitely not the way it went down. also, that you wouldnt be so nice as you are now trying to come off as. your now saying that if he said please you would have done it..... I call BS. doesnt mean i think you are a terrible person. I just dont believe you. I may be wrong. But then again, something has to be said about a guy who thinks its is comical, cool, or classy to put the word "ASS" after your name on the internet as a handle and expect people to think your a wholesome fella.........

to everyone else (not the assman) regarding the barb thing. I can see why he asked. He was in a bind with a situation. and in the past in a similar jam, a different fishing tackle store helped him out. it is not wrong of him to ask to see if this other tackle shop will do it. now who know what was actually said before and how it was asked but i am just saying the situation is understandable

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 09:12 PM
it's true. his biggest challenge would be to spew out his sales pitch on the pliers before you nod off. belly full of anything, lounging chair, and fish equals nigh nigh time for chubb.

i was pooped.....the info of the snow isnt deep tired me out......and after the snow shoe demo i was completely laughed out

tacklerunner
05-17-2011, 09:13 PM
The guy didn't ask you to pick up his dry cleaning or wash his car. He asked for 2 barbs to be pinched since he did not have pliers. You provide customer service but won't pinch 2 barbs??? Great service you are providing. I could understand if a guy bought a bunch of lures and wanted you to unpackage and squish all the barbs but it was 2 which would have taken how long,30 seconds at most?

I learned one thing,I won't go to BPS and expect anything other than what is strictly stated in the job description of the "customer Service" position.

" Hey could I get a hand putting this heavy thing in my car that I just purchased in your store? I don't have the means to do it."

"Ummm, I didn't hear the magic word dude. Go buy some gym equipment so you can get strong enough to lift the heavy object. It's not my job to put stuff in your car. Come prepared or don't come at all."

In all fairness, I'm not sure he "asked" to have his barbs pinched but rather expected him to do it based on past experience.

tacklerunner
05-17-2011, 09:17 PM

:sign0111:

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:17 PM
i was pooped.....the info of the snow isnt deep tired me out......and after the snow shoe demo i was completely laughed out

good times.

tacklerunner
05-17-2011, 09:18 PM
and just for Chubb
:party0052::party0052::party0052::party0052::

claytonass
05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
it matters to anyone who cares to post. his point is that your not considering how others other than aldor may take your comments. if you call one black guy a N...... do you expect the other black guy beside him to look over his shoulder and say " oh you meant him, its all good"

just sayin.

In my own opinion, reading your comments, reactions, dispositions, seeing how you avoid certain points and change the discussion. my evaluation is that your story is definitely not the way it went down. also, that you wouldnt be so nice as you are now trying to come off as. your now saying that if he said please you would have done it..... I call BS. doesnt mean i think you are a terrible person. I just dont believe you. I may be wrong. But then again, something has to be said about a guy who thinks its is comical, cool, or classy to put the word "ASS" after your name on the internet as a handle and expect people to think your a wholesome fella.........

to everyone else (not the assman) regarding the barb thing. I can see why he asked. He was in a bind with a situation. and in the past in a similar jam, a different fishing tackle store helped him out. it is not wrong of him to ask to see if this other tackle shop will do it. now who know what was actually said before and how it was asked but i am just saying the situation is understandable

just so you know my last first name is clayton and the first letters of my last name are "ass" its not rude just my handle can you handle that lol, so yea

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 09:24 PM
and just for Chubb
:party0052::party0052::party0052::party0052::

cuz we are all being polite now

thank you

claytonass
05-17-2011, 09:25 PM

just sayin.

one question do you carry pliers when you go fishing???

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:26 PM

nho been fishing?

claytonass
05-17-2011, 09:30 PM

Do you carry pliers with you when fishing ???

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:40 PM

are you laying down the sales pitch for the special barb pinching pliers to all my buds? i want in. i don't carry pliers when i fish. can i have some? promo deal? what's happening here? i want in. i believe your story......still disturbed about the hackle gals but whatever.

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 09:41 PM
nho been fishing?

Not at all. I have been laid up with Sciatica for about 6 weeks and am pretty much day to day depending on pain. I know,I know, I should just take more Midol! LOL!

Kokanee9
05-17-2011, 09:42 PM
just so you know my last first name is clayton and the first letters of my last name are "ass" its not rude just my handle can you handle that lol, so yea

Are you related to Dick Assman?

He's the guy from Regina that runs a gas station and got the 15 min. of fame on the Letterman show a couple years ago.

I'm being serious here.

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Yes, generally I do carry pliers when I go fishing. I have also forgot them at home before too because I took them out of my tackle box for something around the house and forgot to put them back in. I don't always know for sure if they are in the vehicle or not. So therefor, if a surprise fishing opportunity presented itself while I was out of town and I was purchasing a couple of flies,and thought;"Hmmmm Are my pliers in the truck..?" I might ask for the barbs to be pinched down at the store.

claytonass
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
a

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Does Bass pro have their own brand of cheezies?

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Not at all. I have been laid up with Sciatica for about 6 weeks and am pretty much day to day depending on pain. I know,I know, I should just take more Midol! LOL!

well get healed up gimp. let me know when you're up to it and we'll go out. if not before the 16th definitely after, we don't have far to get into a river.

claytonass
05-17-2011, 09:54 PM
a

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 09:57 PM
it should be a law to always carry pliers with you when fishing i am going to talk with my local CO and see what it will take to make it a law, if your fishing and dont have pliers you are no better than a poacher in my eyes. 90% of fish that are not properly handled die shortly after being realesed.

Heres hoping we will have a new law soon

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we should talk about cheese puffs now..............lol

claytonass
05-17-2011, 10:02 PM
OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have like four pallets in stock right now , not a big fan of these ones now if they were the crunchy style :sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie
05-17-2011, 10:09 PM
it should be a law to always carry pliers with you when fishing i am going to talk with my local CO and see what it will take to make it a law, if your fishing and dont have pliers you are no better than a poacher in my eyes. 90% of fish that are not properly handled die shortly after being realesed.

Heres hoping we will have a new law soon

After that post I am 100% sure theres no way you work for ass-pro, they wouldnt have someone as ignorant as yourself dealing with the public. or would they? :thinking-006:
I was going to stop in there this weekend, you just changed my mind. I will send your manager an email and explain why.

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 10:12 PM
OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on board! Do you know if they will help lower the swelling after I've been smashing my head into a wall! LOL!

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm on board! Do you know if they will help lower the swelling after I've been smashing my head into a wall! LOL!

maybe a helmet made from cheezie puffs

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
After that post I am 100% sure theres no way you work for ass-pro, they wouldnt have someone as ignorant as yourself dealing with the public. or would they? :thinking-006:
I was going to stop in there this weekend, you just changed my mind. I will send your manager an email and explain why.

wayne.........we were all on the verge of getting promo pliers and the big big barrel of bps cheese puffs! we're working on his customer service skills here man. hold off on calling the heat.

horsetrader
05-17-2011, 10:18 PM
please..what about my popcorn???

Hey you didn't tell me there was food on this thread I would have been here sooner

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 10:19 PM
well get healed up gimp. let me know when you're up to it and we'll go out. if not before the 16th definitely after, we don't have far to get into a river.

Thanks Dace. If I'm up for it,sure we will go.............................wait just a minute. Have you been talking to my wife? Is this one of those--- 2 go out but only 1 returns type of thing? I already had my Father inlaw put his hand on my shoulder and say:" Come on buddy,let's go for a little walk in the woods." But I did not know why he was just bringing one 12 gauge shell with him. LOL!

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 10:20 PM
wayne.........we were all on the verge of getting promo pliers and the big big barrel of bps cheese puffs! we're working on his customer service skills here man. hold off on calling the heat.

i wanted snowshoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh ya....please i want snowshoes

WayneChristie
05-17-2011, 10:21 PM

crap, I better wait, I need those pliers to disguise myself when Im out a-poachin!!!! NHO maybe if you smeared some of that mud you dredged up when we were ice fishing on your head it might help! Im surprised you didnt bring up any gas!!! Oh yah JTS1 brought enough of that up to clear out 3 bars!!!

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey you didn't tell me there was food on this thread I would have been here sooner

we are very close to needing a donny and marie, lady gaga or wind blows girls skirt up intervention

WayneChristie
05-17-2011, 10:22 PM
we are very close to needing a donny and marie, lady gaga or wind blows girls skirt up intervention

from that pic I saw of Marie Id like to see her skirt blowin up! unless that was a body double. :(

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks Dace. If I'm up for it,sure we will go.............................wait just a minute. Have you been talking to my wife? Is this one of those--- 2 go out but only 1 returns type of thing? I already had my Father inlaw put his hand on my shoulder and say:" Come on buddy,let's go for a little walk in the woods." But I did not know why he was just bringing one 12 gauge shell with him. LOL!

don't talk like that i just convinced photo it was safe to meet me for coffee. jeesh. photo, it's ok he's joking.

claytonass
05-17-2011, 10:24 PM

Hey im done with this forum i cant post my opinion, whatever come on in this weekend dont care anymore , go for it

horsetrader
05-17-2011, 10:25 PM
i wanted snowshoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh ya....please i want snowshoes

They just melt this time of year............................:sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie
05-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey im done with this forum i cant post my opinion, whatever come on in this weekend dont care anymore , go for it

oh come on dont leave us. I need some cheese poofs! and free pliers. oh and some pinched barbs! and maybe a pair of snowshoes for old chub!!!

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 10:27 PM
They just melt this time of year............................:sHa_shakeshout:

im going back to the Wind thread....at least thats a nice azz

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
crap, I better wait, I need those pliers to disguise myself when Im out a-poachin!!!! NHO maybe if you smeared some of that mud you dredged up when we were ice fishing on your head it might help! Im surprised you didnt bring up any gas!!! Oh yah JTS1 brought enough of that up to clear out 3 bars!!!

If you listen;and I mean really listen, you can here the H2S alarms going off in the distance when JTS is icefishing in Southern Alberta.

I'm still not entirely sure that I didn't strike oil. I spiralled deep enough to hit it, and it polluted the ice enough! There's probably a sevice crew on it right now finishing the well.

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 10:31 PM

Sooooooo. Are we getting the free pliers or not?

Does anyone know??? I'll just go to BPS and ask for some.

horsetrader
05-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Sooooooo. Are we getting the free pliers or not?

Does anyone know??? I'll just go to BPS and ask for some.

I'll take the pliershttp://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a454/horsetrader_photo/pliers.jpg

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 10:41 PM

seriously? that's weak cowboy. i think we should all head down and inquire more about these pliers. when you in next? we're a friendly bunch, just have lots of questions bout barbs and hackles and stuff. heck i'll even buy the big big barrel of cheese puffs for the fellas. i'll be sure no one wipes their cheesy fingers on the bear. you almost had the deal closed buddy. pliers, hackle, a lounging chair,snowshoes, the cheese snacks. man it would have been a stellar sale.

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I'll take the pliershttp://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a454/horsetrader_photo/pliers.jpg

cheese puff

horsetrader
05-17-2011, 10:52 PM
cheese puff

OKhttp://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a454/horsetrader_photo/girl_cheese_puff_bath.jpg

claytonass
05-17-2011, 10:52 PM
seriously? that's weak cowboy. i think we should all head down and inquire more about these pliers. when you in next? we're a friendly bunch, just have lots of questions bout barbs and hackles and stuff. heck i'll even buy the big big barrel of cheese puffs for the fellas. i'll be sure no one wipes their cheesy fingers on the bear. you almost had the deal closed buddy. pliers, hackle, a lounging chair,snowshoes, the cheese snacks. man it would have been a stellar sale.

hey was all good until waynechristie said he was going to try and get me in S*@t so yeah no pliers for anyone yall have a gooder oh yea last 10 days at bass pro last weekend in, good luck finding good service when your at the store now.

"you have to look for the best in life"

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 10:59 PM
hey was all good until waynechristie said he was going to try and get me in S*@t so yeah no pliers for anyone yall have a gooder oh yea last 10 days at bass pro last weekend in good luck finding good service when your at the store now.

WOW!!!! After your manager sees this post from the guy who's leaving in 10 days, I'm quite certain you are probably out of a job ASAP!!!

Enjoy the rest of May Clayton.:love0025:

chubbdarter
05-17-2011, 11:02 PM
just curious.....under the new purposed law.....does anyone get beat up and get their tackle chucked in the water?

Kokanee9
05-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Don't go yet. You didn't answer my question. Are you related or know the guy?

http://youtu.be/Ei8462a_8H4

http://youtu.be/Ei8462a_8H4

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 11:03 PM
hey was all good until waynechristie said he was going to try and get me in S*@t so yeah no pliers for anyone yall have a gooder oh yea last 10 days at bass pro last weekend in, good luck finding good service when your at the store now.

wayne's a loose cannon. if you spent any amount of time here you'd know that. he's calmed down now. its cool. he guides for northerns in southern alberta, you've most likely met him at the store. if not you should. good people. hope to see you on the weekend. fly shop right?

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 11:11 PM
just curious.....under the new purposed law.....does anyone get beat up and get their tackle chucked in the water?

Yes. It will be classified as providing a safe and pristine environment for all.(Except the humans that use it.)

If you do not have pliers with you while fishing(which must be visible at all times) you be beaten with an 18" pair of channel locks and thrown into the water. This action will prove the dedication and qualification of the F&W officer. This action will ensure that people get the message about the safe handling practices of fishing. Without their great work we would have nothing......Well,except bruises and broken bones.

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes. It will be classified as providing a safe and pristine environment for all.(Except the humans that use it.)

If you do not have pliers with you while fishing(which must be visible at all times) you be beaten with an 18" pair of channel locks and thrown into the water. This action will prove the dedication and qualification of the F&W officer. This action will ensure that people get the message about the safe handling practices of fishing. Without their great work we would have nothing......Well,except bruises and broken bones.

really? observed from a mile a way by an undercover officer spotting through some really good glass. that's cool.

New Hunter Okotoks
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=Daceminnow;944799]wayne's a loose cannon. if you spent any amount of time here you'd know that. he's calmed down now. its cool. he guides for northerns in southern alberta, you've most likely met him at the store. QUOTE]

That's a bit of an understatement doncha think! He has calmed down A LOT!!! When his lawyer got him the help he needed after "The Incident" he changed a lot. He hardly ever gets in trouble anymore.

Anybody know if the clerk ever fully recovered? Last I heard he was starting on solid food.

Tackle Guy
05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
I work in a fishing department, it doesn't matter which one. I've worked there for years. I've only just caught up to this thread and I have the following points to make:

1) Everyone who works in BPS, WSS, FH, CT and Uncle Buck's Gun N' Run by the border is a member (with at least one profile) of this Forum and reads every word you post - and is watching eagerly for a mention of them in their workplace.

2) Everyone who works in these places deals almost every day with someone who falls into each one of the following categories: true sportsman / polite shopper; someone I tried really hard to help; *****hole with a wallet.

3) Everyone who works in one of these places has a genuine and all-abiding love of some small aspect - not every aspect and certainly not the expensive aspects, because in spite of employee discounts we are not well paid - of the outdoors and is hoping to somehow make a living by sharing that love with y'all.

4) When you say "lousy customer service" we hear "here's my side of the story." Lotsa folks get to take safe lob shots at the retail guys who can't answer back for fear of missing out on a chance of the next $0.50 per hour raise. Buddy who didn't bend the barbs: ya took one for the team. I want to buy you a beer.

5) Henry Waschuk, Lefty Kreh and Bob Izumi don't work for $13.00 per hour. Modify your expectations.

6) If anyone ever starts a thread on this or any other forum with the subject line "Jerks I had to serve at work today" well stand back and watch the sparks fly, because me and my colleagues, we've all got stories we'd love to tell but can't.

Kokanee9
05-17-2011, 11:37 PM
I work in a fishing department, it doesn't matter which one. I've worked there for years. I've only just caught up to this thread and I have the following points to make:

1) Everyone who works in BPS, WSS, FH, CT and Uncle Buck's Gun N' Run by the border is a member (with at least one profile) of this Forum and reads every word you post - and is watching eagerly for a mention of them in their workplace.

I was just curious what your other profile is.

Tackle Guy
05-17-2011, 11:45 PM
I was just curious what your other profile is.

Never mind. I know you.

Kokanee9
05-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Never mind. I know you.

And your point is...what?

Kokanee9
05-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Never mind. I know you.

How is the tackle box coming along?

alodar
05-18-2011, 01:17 AM
:angry3:Wow this thread is still going.... all 6 pages of it. Note to self dont vent on the internet.......

Oh my gosh i just read all the posts since my last one... chub i need some donnie and marie............. please..... did i spell that right?

The Great White Hype
05-18-2011, 04:55 AM

2) Everyone who works in these places deals almost every day with someone who falls into each one of the following categories: true sportsman / polite shopper; someone I tried really hard to help; *****hole with a wallet.

3) Everyone who works in one of these places has a genuine and all-abiding love of some small aspect - not every aspect and certainly not the expensive aspects, because in spite of employee discounts we are not well paid - of the outdoors and is hoping to somehow make a living by sharing that love with y'all.

4) When you say "lousy customer service" we hear "here's my side of the story." Lotsa folks get to take safe lob shots at the retail guys who can't answer back for fear of missing out on a chance of the next $0.50 per hour raise. Buddy who didn't bend the barbs: ya took one for the team. I want to buy you a beer.

5) Henry Waschuk, Lefty Kreh and Bob Izumi don't work for $13.00 per hour. Modify your expectations.

6) If anyone ever starts a thread on this or any other forum with the subject line "Jerks I had to serve at work today" well stand back and watch the sparks fly, because me and my colleagues, we've all got stories we'd love to tell but can't.

Well put sir.

GaryF
05-18-2011, 05:55 AM

Excellent post. Just look at all of you jumping on the sales guy for telling his side of the story. Did he go over board, ya maybe, but the frustration of what he deals with shows. I've never had the customer service experience at any of these stores that other ppl have had, not once. But then again I never go off on any of the employees and am always polite, and recognize that most of the ppl working in the stores are not proffesional guides with years and years of experience. How they keep going back to work every day amazes me. If someone talked to me the way some of these ppl do to sales staff, you'd more than likely get punched. For those of us that appreciate what you guys go through in sales/retail, thanks!!

Alodar, simple question for you, did you ask and say please or tell the guy to pinch your barbs? And if you fish without a pair of pliers, how are you getting really deep set hooks out of fish?

huntsfurfish
05-18-2011, 06:21 AM

Calling someone ignorant, not cool!

Emailing manager over this even less cool!

Get a grip!

huntsfurfish
05-18-2011, 06:26 AM

Good post.

alodar
05-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Excellent post. Just look at all of you jumping on the sales guy for telling his side of the story. Did he go over board, ya maybe, but the frustration of what he deals with shows. I've never had the customer service experience at any of these stores that other ppl have had, not once. But then again I never go off on any of the employees and am always polite, and recognize that most of the ppl working in the stores are not proffesional guides with years and years of experience. How they keep going back to work every day amazes me. If someone talked to me the way some of these ppl do to sales staff, you'd more than likely get punched. For those of us that appreciate what you guys go through in sales/retail, thanks!!

Alodar, simple question for you, did you ask and say please or tell the guy to pinch your barbs? And if you fish without a pair of pliers, how are you getting really deep set hooks out of fish?

Yeah i asked this is what i said " hey i forgot my pliars at home im from edmonton can u pinch these barbs for me" then he was rude to me a simple i cant do it would uave been fine but no the rudeness of that clayotn fellow not only to me but the other customer who actually was spending some big money prompted me to go seek a manager and i did not infact tell him to go f him self i simply walked away he asked me if i wanted my recipt in a smug tone after that as i was walking away as if he was happy with him self and in my search for a manager i approached a one armed associate who assured me ue would direct my complaint to the manager and he also said that fellow has had this complaint before and is hard to handle. I did not say please but tue simple basis of being a dick to me for not saying please is a pretty poor excuse considering the guys reaction to a simple request. Had he not spoke to me in the way he did i would uave left it at a damn looks like im fileing with a rock again. I forgot my pliars 3.5 hours north of where i was staying moved stuff in my car to pack my clothes etc in tue trunk which included the tackle box and spinning rod. The box had my forceps, my long handled forceps and my jaw spreaders in em. Also my multi tool which i dont usually leave home wothout. Have you ever forgoten anything in your life? Im betting tue answer is yes at least once, everyone does

alodar
05-18-2011, 07:06 AM

I highly doubt everyone is as you describe. Are there guys who are poor customers sure are there guys who are poor customer service associates sure. Am i allowed to share my experience? I definately am. Did i walk away abruptly? sure i did why should i have to deal with that smug punk i ? I dont and leaving him in silence is totaly within my right and way better than causing a scene in a store. My only issue was purely his attitude like cuz i was only spending a couple bucks there that day i wasnt good enough to serve. What he didnt know is the day before i bought flies and was simply replacing the 2 i lost.

WayneChristie
05-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Calling someone ignorant, not cool!

Emailing manager over this even less cool!

Get a grip!

my opinion, if you dont like it go find one of your own. and you really believe this jerk is who he says? good for you

Braun
05-18-2011, 08:49 AM
one question do you carry pliers when you go fishing???

shocking sometime I forget mine. it happens

Braun
05-18-2011, 09:04 AM

ha looks like you retracted a bunch of your posts. lol. ps. just because I dont have pliers doesnt mean i am mishandling fish. I fish barbless, as per law, there for 90% of my hooks come out of the mouth without the use of pliers. but make sure you let me know what your local CO has to say to you in response........lol

hahaha. post of the year

HAHAHAHA. sorry chubbs. THIS is the post of the year. courtesy of our soon to be "the Best CO Shawn"

lol

TyreeUM
05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
when it's all said and done, I think we can conclude we have one bass pro employee who was having a bad day, and one whiney b*&%@ who was so heartbroken he didn't get his barbs pinched by someone else he had to cry about it on the internet...

I say to the employee - maybe it is time for a new job, and I don't recommend running for minister of environment if thats what your thinking. (Mandatory pliers wow haha)

...and I say to the whiney b*&%@ - next time just ask to borrow the pliers and pinch them yourselves or suck it up and buy yourself a pair of 4 dollar pliers and stop acting so entitled - you sound like your are from California, damn.

freeones
05-18-2011, 09:48 AM
when it's all said and done, i think we can conclude we have one bass pro employee who was having a bad day, and one whiney b*&%@ who was so heartbroken he didn't get his barbs pinched by someone else he had to cry about it on the internet...

I say to the employee - maybe it is time for a new job, and i don't recommend running for minister of environment if thats what your thinking. (mandatory pliers wow haha)

...and i say to the whiney b*&%@ - next time just ask to borrow the pliers and pinch them yourselves or suck it up and buy yourself a pair of 4 dollar pliers and stop acting so entitled - you sound like your are from california, damn.

Pure AWESOMENESS!

pophouseman
05-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Everyone who complains about a customer service experience at a large chain box store. BPS, Canadian Tire , Home depot etc......Ask yourself this question. How hard would you be willing to work for $11 an hour?????

Don't blame the kid working behind the counter, Blame the VP of operations who only lets the store manager hire half the people needed to run a store, leaving no time for training and only allows 1/2 the wage required to get any production out of people. Crappy benefits+crappy wage+crappy hours = bad customer service.

we won't get started on Kids today having no motivation whatshowever to actually work, but underpaying them and not training them properly doesnt help.

Braun
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Everyone who complains about a customer service experience at a large chain box store. BPS, Canadian Tire , Home depot etc......Ask yourself this question. How hard would you be willing to work for $11 an hour?????

Don't blame the kid working behind the counter, Blame the VP of operations who only lets the store manager hire half the people needed to run a store, leaving no time for training and only allows 1/2 the wage required to get any production out of people. Crappy benefits+crappy wage+crappy hours = bad customer service.

we won't get started on Kids today having no motivation whatshowever to actually work, but underpaying them and not training them properly doesnt help.

I believe we should have the right to complain about customer service if one so feels that it is warranted. common courtesy and politeness towards individuals should not be something that requires training nor should one have to be paid for it. I once worked at a golf store. I golfed but I was by no means a pro. however, I made up for my lack of skill in golf with product knowledge not because i felt that I should but because it should be a requirement to be a sales person. it should be up to the employee to learn that product knowledge. And if I was every helping a customer and they asked a question that I couldnt answer truthfully. I would excuse myself and ask another employee. then relay that to the customer or the other employee would come talk to them and I would stand by and listen. Thats how you come to learn the knowledge.

It is called CUSTOMER SERVICE for a reason. If you do not feel that you cannot display the proper attitude that goes along with SERVING CUSTOMERS then I am sure there is an individual out there looking for a job that is more than willing to put forth an effort to learn product or at bare minimum display an attitude that should be standard for every human being(polite, courteous, non-douchebag) and therefore you should be replaced

stupid forum didnt post half my message with the good points in it. :angry3: oh well. I dont feel like typing it out again, nor do I remember exactly what I said...... screw it.

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
when it's all said and done, I think we can conclude we have one bass pro employee who was having a bad day, and one whiney b*&%@ who was so heartbroken he didn't get his barbs pinched by someone else he had to cry about it on the internet...

I say to the employee - maybe it is time for a new job, and I don't recommend running for minister of environment if thats what your thinking. (Mandatory pliers wow haha)

...and I say to the whiney b*&%@ - next time just ask to borrow the pliers and pinch them yourselves or suck it up and buy yourself a pair of 4 dollar pliers and stop acting so entitled - you sound like your are from California, damn.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its great how people are posting so serious on here and werent even there......gawd forbid they read those rags at the grocery checkout line.
we need a new section on AO.....Leg Humpers Hotline

p.s. i heard another rumour where all the Asians get frisked leaving the store, cant remember the stores name.....KKK something

Braun
05-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its great how people are posting so serious on here and werent even there......gawd forbid they read those rags at the grocery checkout line.
we need a new section on AO.....Leg Humpers Hotline

p.s. i heard another rumour where all the Asians get frisked leaving the store, cant remember the stores name.....KKK something

Hahahaha.

Braun
05-18-2011, 04:07 PM
and for the record......most of my posts are typically are responses to other posts. my actually disposition of what happened in the store is...... I really dont give a fart. customer was probably rude in a way he didnt consider, employee was probably wrong for a share as well. thats typically how all these things go. I just like stirring the pot.

TyreeUM
05-18-2011, 04:11 PM

yes, Klu Klux Krankbaits, and to top it all off, it was only south central eastern asians they were frisking...quick someone start a new thread!

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 04:18 PM
everyone has a bad day....everyone says things the wrong way sometimes.....i bet a redue of the events would be completely different.

Have the common sense to know whats coming your way

The fishing hole has a small inventory in comparision but a well educated staff with very tight and intimate connections to the tackle industry. They can pick up the phone and call....well important people.

The bigger stores just dont have the man power to wait on you hand and foot but the selection is incredible.....so incredible its entertaining.

Walmart has a no questions asked policy but i wouldnt ask a associate that just came from Ladies toiletries to debarb my hook.

Simple put....pick your battles

boot
05-18-2011, 04:18 PM

+1
Perfect summary.

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 04:21 PM
yes, Klu Klux Krankbaits, and to top it all off, it was only south central eastern asians they were frisking...quick someone start a new thread!

the north off center western asians were beat with a wiener stick and thrown in the parking lot

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Fish more=beotch less

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 04:37 PM
heres a suggestion.....lets use some of this negative energy and make it positive....do what you can for the people of Slave lake.

pliers and bickering mean chit to them right now......Alberta looks after their own

alodar
05-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Asking a question makes me entitled or acting so? I highly doubt that it was a chance i took and had he not acted the way he did i might have spoke to him longer and asked him if he had a pair i ciuld use for a second and if not tuen i would have done as i did seeing if i can find an easy out isnt a sense of entitlement. Why do something the hard way if u can manage an easier one i have no issue with pinching my own. I was in a bind and seeing if i could get some help. Asking for help is more humble than entitlement. Also ive posted in this thread 4 maybe 5 times of the well over 150 posts i didnt intend on it going like this but ive certainly learned my lesson.
Thanks
The whiny b!7@*

alodar
05-18-2011, 07:34 PM
heres a suggestion.....lets use some of this negative energy and make it positive....do what you can for the people of Slave lake.

pliers and bickering mean chit to them right now......Alberta looks after their own

Im not sure how this got so out of hand but i agree it means sweet nothing compared to the real troubles of the world lets let this thread die please......

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Im not sure how this got so out of hand but i agree it means sweet nothing compared to the real troubles of the world lets let this thread die please......

alodar...im surprized with the generousity of this site....you havent been mailed 500 pairs of pliers...lol

ps because your the op i think you can ask a mod to close it

alodar
05-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Mods please close thread thanks.

Wow 500 pairs thanks guys ur awesome:sHa_shakeshout: