PDA

View Full Version : any update on Muir Lake?

Granrey
04-30-2011, 05:53 PM
ice gone?

winter kill?

ironbutterfly
05-07-2011, 11:37 PM
went friday. pretty quiet despite many fishers. No one seemed to catch anything, even me. An osprey did dive and catch a maybe 1 foot trout right in front of me but that was it. I did see a few fish rise here and there. I did also come across at least 2 dead fish on the shore, one rather big. So for now I know there are fish there but they seemed like maybe smaller. The one big one I saw was a dead floater and my usual foolproof locations had no signs of activity.

Granrey
05-08-2011, 02:34 PM
went friday. pretty quiet despite many fishers. No one seemed to catch anything, even me. An osprey did dive and catch a maybe 1 foot trout right in front of me but that was it. I did see a few fish rise here and there. I did also come across at least 2 dead fish on the shore, one rather big. So for now I know there are fish there but they seemed like maybe smaller. The one big one I saw was a dead floater and my usual foolproof locations had no signs of activity.

I just returned from there and my experience was the same.

fishinggeek
05-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I posted this reply on the other muir thread.

Muir lake had partial winterkill. I was out last night and walked the bank, saw at least 10 dead rainbows ranging from 1-5lbs just from walking on shore. And compaired to last year the action is SLOW. I did manage 2, one was 18 inch and the other 21inch. Last year i managed 4 times that each night.