PDA

View Full Version : Twin Valley Dam???

GOT1!
05-01-2011, 10:51 AM
I had heard of this southern reservoir but had not seen in the regs. But..... google earth indeed proves it exists. There is a pic of the boat launch which looks pretty good in my opinion. Has anyone ever fished this area or have any idea what species are in this? I presume pike, but what about walleye being caught here?? Probably gonna give er a go once the ice is off. What is the ice status? Open all year and I'm ready to go!!!

tasco
05-01-2011, 01:10 PM
We have been discussing twin valley in this thread http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=90645. But yes it is open all year, I have not been there to check the ice status, hopefully this week some time, but I assume the the ice is at least half off. Hope this helps, yah it also has pike, and walleye

WayneChristie
05-01-2011, 02:10 PM
it has a good boat launch. its a new reservoir, and they are building a day use area below the dam as well.

calgarygringo
05-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Wayne- They have always had a day/use picnic area there. The PCR camp guys told me they were building a campground there last year and they would be adding it to their places to take care of with PCR, Clear, Willow Creek and whatever else they take care of. There is a nice launch as we have taken the boat there several times. Only bad part is the day area is not at the boat area so you have to leave your boat and drive to the other area at the bottom of the dam to use the picnic area.

facultoad
05-02-2011, 12:28 AM
There is about 20 feet of open water around the lake except for areas where ice has floated into shore. The main ice has broken into 3 sheets and I don't think it will last the week.