PDA

View Full Version : New

Misasi
05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi all,
I just joined the forum, wanted to introduce myself.
I use to fish in Ontario where I'm from. Wanting to get back into it again.
I went out scouting yesterday, 4-5 meters of open water in bearspaw reservoir right beside the damn if anyones interested. Also tried fishing bow down by carburn park with no luck. Actually I should say that I did catch a red bedazzled glove lol
Anyways just wondering if anyone has any advice, also wondering about consumption, does anyone actually eat the trout out of the bow?
Of course if you want to tell me about you secret fishing hole with trophy's and clean water I'm listening lol

vcmm
05-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Welcome

FishingFrenzy
05-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy it here. :sHa_shakeshout:

commieboy
05-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi all,
I just joined the forum, wanted to introduce myself.
I use to fish in Ontario where I'm from. Wanting to get back into it again.
I went out scouting yesterday, 4-5 meters of open water in bearspaw reservoir right beside the damn if anyones interested. Also tried fishing bow down by carburn park with no luck. Actually I should say that I did catch a red bedazzled glove lol
Anyways just wondering if anyone has any advice, also wondering about consumption, does anyone actually eat the trout out of the bow?
Of course if you want to tell me about you secret fishing hole with trophy's and clean water I'm listening lol

Welcome to the forum.

Carburn is really not a great fishery. Mostly perch, and I believe I have heard of the odd pike coming out of there as well. I very rarely hear of anybody catching anything, though. Skip over Carburn and go directly to the bow. There are some good spots right behind Carburn, actually.

There is a fish consumption advisory for the bow BELOW Bassano Dam which applies to Walleye and Pike. In the regs, it says to AVOID EATING THESE FISH! To my thinking, if they are going to add an advisory for even one species, I'm avoiding everything!

Nearby stocked ponds include DeWitt's, Allen Bill, Emerson, Crossfiled and Airdrie ponds. If you haven't done so already, pick up Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide. It's a annually published periodical available at most bookstores, Canadian Tire, Walmart, Superstore etc.... As has been said on this forum, it is somewhat outdated, but it will provide you with a list of most of Alberta's fishable lakes and waterways.

Finally... head out to K country. Even if you don't catch a fish, who cares?! You're in the mountains!

Alberta Bigbore
05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
welcome to the forum... i wish i Could move to MB or ONT... for the fishing alone

Braun
05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forum.

There is a fish consumption advisory for the bow BELOW Bassano Dam which applies to Walleye and Pike. In the regs, it says to AVOID EATING THESE FISH! To my thinking, if they are going to add an advisory for even one species, I'm avoiding everything!

that is below the basano dam. 100s of kms of river away from the bow near calgary. Just because there is a mercury content advisory for fish from down that way doesnt mean its the same for up here. there are doezens of damns between here and there that that mercury content would jump. not to mention major lakes. I have had trout from the river and they are fine. some people are put off by them because of the populous but there is nothing wrong with them and i eat several whitefish every year from the bow.

welcome to the forum. hope you enjoy it

Albertafisher
05-01-2011, 01:35 PM
:sign0016:

sureshot
05-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Welcome aboard.

Andy

Thinlizzy
05-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the forum. It's addictive!
Enjoy!!!!!:)

flygirrl
05-01-2011, 05:45 PM
:sSig_welcome2: X 2

Chris84
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Welcome and good luck

Dust1n
05-01-2011, 08:20 PM
welcome !

Jwood 456
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Welcome to the forum!

There are alot of cool storys and pics to be shared here as well as alot of cool new things to learn.

walleyechaser
05-01-2011, 08:55 PM
welcome Misasi