PDA

View Full Version : nsr best fishing in 6 years.

BGSH
05-01-2011, 02:33 PM
north saskatchewan river is awsome right now, best i have seen since 2005, caught 10 burbot in 15 minutes on jiggs (wierd) also caught alot of suckers on jiggs as well, these fish species usually dont bite jiggs, also caught some huge walleye and lost some monsters as well,caught 1 sauger also, bite every cast and caught over 25 fish in 1 hour, unreal week its been on the nsr, give it a try remember to catch and release, practice it ;)

Thundercatcher
05-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Where abouts on the nsr is a good spot? Would it be good near Devon?

NSRfishing
05-01-2011, 11:50 PM
going to try goldbar park and dawson park monday morning

Kokanee9
05-02-2011, 12:02 AM
It's always nice to hook into a solid fish biting day!:)

buckmaster
05-02-2011, 12:42 AM
The river is always a challenge !:)

Isopod
05-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Are you being serious or joking? I have to ask, since I went up to the river on Saturday to Goldbar and Rundle parks, and it was high, dirty, and full of debris. Visibility must have been about an inch. I didn't cast a line, seemed no point.

BGSH
05-02-2011, 06:46 PM
what the hell, i am serious, best fishing i had for 5-6 years nice and high water and muddy conditions ya you would think the hell with it, i have photos, i was catching fish every cast from suckers,lots of burbot,walleye and even pike, and huge walleye at that.

chubbdarter
05-02-2011, 06:48 PM
what the hell, i am serious, best fishing i had for 5-6 years nice and high water and muddy conditions ya you would think the hell with it, i have photos, i was catching fish every cast from suckers,lots of burbot,walleye and even pike, and huge walleye at that.

dont want your secret spot.....just whats your idea of a huge walleye?
thanks

BGSH
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
huge walleye is 8 plus pounds, nice walleye is 4-8 pounds and any other walleye is still awsome ;)

Bear Ballz
05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
huge walleye is 8 plus pounds, nice walleye is 4-8 pounds and any other walleye is still awsome ;)

Sounds awesome let's see some pics

pickrel pat
05-02-2011, 08:12 PM
i seen them on his facebook, nice fish....

BGSH
05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
i have so many pictures, but its on an iphone, i dont have the cord to load it to my compoutor yet, so cant send them here yet, just uploads right to fb, but i will get the cord in a few days then load them here, my main camera keeps freezing ugh anyone know how to fix the freezing part, turns on then freezes ugh, might have to buy a new one soon, yea get out to the river and catch some beautys, yea i have never been skunked on the river, i fish till i catch a fish wether its 1st cast or 2000 cast lol, trust me patients pays off, you will catch a monster no matter where in the river you fish, pics soon to come, goodluck cheers ;)

Mr.twister
05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Me and my freind have went to the north sask river 3 times already in hermitage dog park... and all attemps have failed, using the good ole pickeral rigs with a combination beef heart and minnows, but i think their is no fish in that river, and me and my freind were reading and you use jigs?? i dont believe this idea of using jigs..lol

BGSH
05-02-2011, 08:31 PM
oh man why you using pickeral rigs with hearts and gutts on it, there no monsters in there man, look come on if you catch and release i will help you out and get you catching monsters, but you gotta post pics :)

Mr.twister
05-02-2011, 08:38 PM
i used minnows to, lol......yep ive only caught one sturgeon out of their and that was on beef heart

but on another note,I always release the fish I catch out of the river.
Keeping fish from the river?? not my idea of tasty:). I probably would take pictures too because im almost certain im getting a new camera
:sHa_shakeshout:

BGSH
05-02-2011, 08:59 PM
remember it doesnt matter if the water is high muddy low or clear, you will still catch fish if you are using the right stuff, goodluck ;)

mesofluk
05-28-2011, 06:39 PM
There is great fishing in Edmonton, I grew up in Laurier. We used to go beside the bridge near the storm drain run off pipe and across the river. All great for suckers, pike, walleye, pirtch, goldeye, and i even saw a guy take a sturgeon. Now with the construction to the White Mud, you might need to move closer to Laurier Park. Across the river from there is good too. The area were the white mud creek runs in to the NSR. You can jij near the bridge and storm drain area.