PDA

View Full Version : fish limts

fishaddict
05-03-2011, 06:56 AM
i was wondering if anyone could clear ths up for me when it says in the regs for example only 3 pike over 63 cm are u allowed to keep anything smaller than that? any input on this would br greatly appreciated.

thanks.

tacklerunner
05-03-2011, 06:59 AM
No you cannot keep anything under 63cm if that's what the regs specify for the body of water you are fishing.

Those are also the "general regulations" so if you are fishing a lake that is not listed in the regs then general regulations apply.

Dust1n
05-03-2011, 07:08 AM
i was wondering if anyone could clear ths up for me when it says in the regs for example only 3 pike over 63 cm are u allowed to keep anything smaller than that? any input on this would br greatly appreciated.

thanks.

nope but anything over.

WayneChristie
05-03-2011, 07:28 AM
nope but anything over.

"3" over, not anything over. big difference the way you said it

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-03-2011, 02:16 PM

thanks.

When the regulations state 3 pike over 63 cm means exactly that , 3 fish per day 63 cm in length and over .

Then there is a possession limit
Province-wide maximum possession – All fish kept from any lake or stream, from any Watershed Unit, count as part of the province-wide maximum possession that must not be exceeded. The maximum number of fish you may have, including fish at your home and fish caught under a special harvest licence, for each game fish species or group of species is listed below:

•Trout and Arctic Grayling – 5 in total, combined of:
0 bull trout (native to Alberta);
2 Northern Dolly Varden (stocked in Chester Lake only);
1 golden trout;
2 Arctic grayling;
3 lake trout;
5 cutthroat trout;
5 rainbow trout;
5 brown trout;
5 brook trout.

•Mountain Whitefish – 5 in total.
•Walleye and Sauger – 3 in combined total.
•Northern Pike – 3 in total.
•Yellow Perch – 15 in total.
•Lake Whitefish and Cisco (Tullibee) – 10 in combined total.
•Goldeye and Mooneye – 10 in combined total.
•Burbot (Ling) – 10 in total.
•Lake Sturgeon – 0
•Non-game fish – no restriction on the numbers kept.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/