PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at Twin Valley

tasco
05-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Since Twin is open for fishing, I decided to go and try out my epoxy job, I'm impressed the boat did quite well with me and my brother in law in the boat. There is no ice left on the lake, since Sunday it all disappeared. The water temp was 38 deg Fahrenheit. Now I just need to figure out how to catch fish!!!!

We tried a number of different things but no luck tonight, also hardly saw a fish on the fish finder. We did not venture to far from the launch maybe only a mile or so away, we only had a couple of hours of time to get away. I figure that the fish are probably in the shallows or some bay where it is shallow, probably further up the lake were the water is warmer, just need to get out there again in the near future and just boat around around with the fish finder examining structure and figuring the layout of the lake.

SushiUnagi
05-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Yeah if anything the pike should be in or near the shallows...and warmest water.

How was the water level? How deep was the lake on average that you've cruised?

tasco
05-04-2011, 11:16 PM
the middle was about 60 ft at the deepest averaged about 45 ft. 20 ft from shore it was already 15 ft deep, trolling along shore about 20 ft away about 15 on average. Found that the lake gets deep very fast there. need to find some shallow areas

ArtVandelay
05-04-2011, 11:20 PM
The channel just before the buoy on the east side is good. Also on the west side over by the new house there's a shallow bay that usually produces. Can't wait for Friday now!

npauls
05-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Has anybody heard if this will just be pretty much a pike fishery or is there plans to stock walleyes or something else in there? I went and checked it out a couple years ago after limiting out at the Travers tourney just to see what it was like and it looked like a fairly big nice lake. Just odd to me that they haven't stocked it with anything yet.

WayneChristie
05-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Has anybody heard if this will just be pretty much a pike fishery or is there plans to stock walleyes or something else in there? I went and checked it out a couple years ago after limiting out at the Travers tourney just to see what it was like and it looked like a fairly big nice lake. Just odd to me that they haven't stocked it with anything yet.

It would seem kind of pointless to stock a lake with very high mercury levels, so it will probably happen pretty quick. :bad_boys_20:

fishnab
05-05-2011, 09:18 AM

The wife and I met the rescent past president of the Vulcan Fish And Wildlife 2 or 3 years ago at the launch area. He told me they stocked 100,000 walleye there in Twin Valley.

calgarygringo
05-05-2011, 01:41 PM
When we fished there one time last year an old fellow told me some of his buddies supposedly caught a few small wallye and were surprised as they are not advertised there.
We have fished there several times and caught pike but still waiting for a walleye. As Wayne suggests it will glow anyway but I am sure it won't matter for some.

rocky97
05-05-2011, 05:34 PM

walleye and lake whitefish are both in there i dont know if they were stocked or just came in naturally.

npauls
05-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Ok thanks for the info. I will have to keep my eye on that place and fish it a few years down the road when the eyes mite have a bit of size to them. I don't keep fish so there is no problem with mercury levels to me.

SushiUnagi
05-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey tasco! Is the dock back in the water now?

tasco
05-05-2011, 10:04 PM
The boat launch might be in now. But not when I was there on tuesday

ArtVandelay
05-05-2011, 10:41 PM
You mean the dock, don't you?

The boat launch might be in now. But not when I was there on tuesday

tasco
05-05-2011, 11:24 PM
You mean the dock, don't you?

sorry I replied with my blackberry at timmies and, you know how it is, I'm getting older. but yes I mean the boat dock :sign0176: