PDA

View Full Version : Gap Lake (South of Rocky)

Meeks
12-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Just wondering how the trail is into the lake, vehicle accessable (4wd).
Have no quad or skidoo....
Thanks in advance!

desiel
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
A freind from town was there last week and said the swamp is not frozen good enough for a vehical. there is not much snow so a couple of weeks it should be good but use caution.

desiel

TundraBuck
12-13-2007, 08:34 PM
You won't get em shallow now!

Meeks
12-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. Saved me some grief!
Although they aren't shallow anymore, can you still catch them?

brett01
12-14-2007, 07:02 PM
ya its kinda a billy goat trail to get into gap. Its true they arnt in the shallows as the spawn has almost drawn to a close for the brookies. Its the best as soon as the ice gets on. And yes you can still catch fish but it is not as nearly productive as early in the season. For a better bet i would try peppers lake. No risk of bad trails or any of the grief of getting into gap. There are good brookies in their as well.

TundraBuck
12-14-2007, 11:48 PM

Drakle
06-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Can someone provide a brief detail as to the intersection with the north fork road and the trail, and the distance into Gap Lake?

tbosch
06-13-2008, 03:40 PM
I believe the alberta fishing guide gives pretty accurate directions in to it.

Shrubs
06-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Once you get on to the fork road I think it's 40 or so clicks to the little parking spot on the right hand side of the road. It's been a little while since I been there but I think you come down a little hill and the parking spot is right there so you gotta keep your eyes open. Should be a little road with a yellow bridge on it a little ways up from the parking lot, if you pass that you've gone a touch too far. From the parking spot it's a few clicks or so into the lake. Should be a quad trail that takes you in. In the winter you can just drive across the muskeg if conditions permit. Beautiful little isolated spot with some hawg brookies.