PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Michelle recently??

Shawnlh
05-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Just wondering of there is any open water at Michelle reservoir.

Thanks

Fishfinder
05-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Maybe drive by tomorrow, if so will let u know conditions. Wondering the same thing.

npauls
05-06-2011, 09:51 PM
I drove by there yesterday on our way back to Lethbridge and there is a few small open water spots that you can cast into but for the most part the whole lake is frozen up still.

Fishfinder
05-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Checked it out after BH yesterday and dropped a line for an hour or so. Plenty of casting space in most areas, should be completely ice free by next weekend me thinks.
They were biting like mad the first 30 minutes then they vanished. Managed a few all around 14-15". All went back except this weird one....
I noticed a nice hook coming outta his pooper and figured there just may be a nice jighead behind it so I figured what the hey, I'll keep a little panfry and get a nice free jig. Well, after the surgery:sHa_sarcasticlol: it turned out just to be a nice BARBED:mad0030:hook with a lil 6" leader behind it. All in great shape lol.
Poor fish had to work that rig through it's system and just when it was on the verge of finally passing it, lil gaffer ends up on my plate hehe.:p
Anyways, that's my update.
Cheers!

whitetail Junkie
05-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Checked it out after BH yesterday and dropped a line for an hour or so. Plenty of casting space in most areas, should be completely ice free by next weekend me thinks.
They were biting like mad the first 30 minutes then they vanished. Managed a few all around 14-15". All went back except this weird one....
I noticed a nice hook coming outta his pooper and figured there just may be a nice jighead behind it so I figured what the hey, I'll keep a little panfry and get a nice free jig. Well, after the surgery:sHa_sarcasticlol: it turned out just to be a nice BARBED:mad0030:hook with a lil 6" leader behind it. All in great shape lol.
Poor fish had to work that rig through it's system and just when it was on the verge of finally passing it, lil gaffer ends up on my plate hehe.:p
Anyways, that's my update.
Cheers!

cool story,I would have never guessed that a fish could crap out a hook,lol,thats awesome!

ishootbambi
05-08-2011, 11:02 PM
^^^^^ UGH!!!!!!!!!

that made me clench........

Shawnlh
05-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Michelle will be ice free at anytime now. Went out on Saturday and it was very broken up, and several casting spots were open. We tried for about an hour, but caught nothing. Saw only 2 rise for some bugs, but that was all the action for the day. We could actually see the ice disappear. Every few minutes, you could look and see more open water. Although, the water is very dark, especially on the west shore.