PDA

View Full Version : Lethbridge fishing for grandkids

oldjeda
05-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some decent (I'm a poor fisherman at best:sign0176:)fishing opportunities for my grandkids close to Lethbridge this season. I don't have a boat or access to a boat so we're talking shore or dock fishing only. Even perch would be a blast but they would be happy catching anything edible:shark:. We did the Enchant pond last year but only caught one little perch which I blame on my lack of technique rather than the pond. We will try this one again as they really liked the ice cream store afterwards:sHa_shakeshout:.

Thanks guys and gals,

Jim : )

gprime27
05-08-2011, 06:26 PM
P.M Sent, I need a new fishing partner as mine all moved north :(

WayneChristie
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
if you want to spend a day, Enchant pond has a ton of perch, and even some of those darn troutish fish, and a nice beach with playground.

Dust1n
05-08-2011, 08:35 PM
at nic sheron yul run into 3 kids about 12 years old theyll help ya out

oldjeda
05-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the tips. Not too sure about NS. I heard the fish were not edible from that water. Is this true or was I told that by a fisherman who didn't want the competition?

gprime27
05-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Nich.. I'm not dead yet :).. I smoked quite a few out of there this winter. I don't keep them in the summer... Fish hunter, I know that 12 year old kid you speak of! He's the kid that caught that massive pike out of park lake a few years back and had his picture in the paper. Nice kid but, I had to show him how to get perch ;)

Shaggy
05-09-2011, 09:25 AM
My two boys (10 and 11 years old) live across the street from Nic Sheran and they are constantly catching fish out of there so they tell me. Lots of pike, and last week they hauled out a 5lb trout. They told me it was a rainbow, but I thought it was full of browns. They ate it and I was still able to talk to them last night. Delish they said.

oldjeda
05-16-2011, 08:48 AM
We got out with gprime27 yesterday and had a blast! Thanks again gprime27! My granddaughter actually cast, hooked and reeled in her first ever trout and has not stopped talking about it:sHa_shakeshout:. We also caught enough for supper which was enjoyed by all. I did get a pic on my cell phone that I will post when I figure out how to do it:thinking-006:.

gprime27
05-16-2011, 11:06 AM
I've got the photo here and it's posted :).. It was definatly a fun day and I'm looking forward to tuesday also, fyi everyone this is a put and take lake.. allowed 5.

I'm glad she had fun and we will more than likely have more fun on tuesday. Anyone from lethbridge want to come out with us shoot me a pm, we'll hit it up and catch some fish :):sHa_shakeshout:

Fishfinder
05-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Hats off fellas, on getting the kiddies into some fishies.:)
Cheers n GL.