PDA

View Full Version : Fawcett Lake

big stack
05-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Hello, just wondering if anyone knows if the ice is off on Fawcett yet. Heading out there next weekend and would like to do some fishing. Thanks.

Gulo gulo
05-12-2011, 03:54 PM
The ice is off. Part of the lake opens up for fishing on the 20th of May.

Thinlizzy
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Heading up there next weekend as well.

Its safe to say that we are good do go.
:sHa_shakeshout:

big stack
05-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Great, thanks very much!

crazyfish
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
heard a rumor the campground and boat launch at the west end was closed ? Anyone know the truth on that ?

Jwood 456
05-12-2011, 09:48 PM
If you haven't fished this spot yet, I think it would be a great potential spot to try. There is that large island halfwayish down the lake but closer to the east end. There is this large shelf off of the north west side of the island that is surrounded by a dropoff. There are also very sharp slopes on the south and east side of the island.

chuck0039
05-13-2011, 08:21 AM
heard a rumor the campground and boat launch at the west end was closed ? Anyone know the truth on that ?

I know the resort on the east side is closed for construction this year. Not sure about the west end campground.

jeffrey929
05-14-2011, 09:03 AM
According to the Anchor Inn's website, they open May 15

Thinlizzy
05-14-2011, 03:24 PM
If you haven't fished this spot yet, I think it would be a great potential spot to try. There is that large island halfwayish down the lake but closer to the east end. There is this large shelf off of the north west side of the island that is surrounded by a dropoff. There are also very sharp slopes on the south and east side of the island.

Terrible fishing Fawcett!!
You don't want to try it won't catch anything!
Fawcett had it's day but not many fish anymore!

birchbark
05-14-2011, 10:20 PM
we stayed at the west end last august for a week or so and caught a lot of fish and are going back later in june this year. i am a rookie at fishing and we had good sucess or maybe just good luck? anyway looking forward to going back there.

Jwood 456
05-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Terrible fishing Fawcett!!
You don't want to try it won't catch anything!
Fawcett had it's day but not many fish anymore!

I fished there for the last few years in the winter and the perch fishery doesn't seem like anything it was 3 to 4 years ago. I also still saw some people catch many pike out of there 2 years ago though.

Thinlizzy
05-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I heard that winter fishing is not that good. As far as the summer I hit it at least 10 times last year which is lots for a guy with three young kids and business. I have yet to catch a legal fish but had lots of days with 30 plus fish.
Will be out Sunday next week and can't wait. Heard there are large perch as well but haven't targeted them yet.
Good luck to everyone May 20!!!!:)

Jwood 456
05-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Hopefully I can fish that lake this summer and try to catch some of the monster pike that I hear lurk around in that lake.:sHa_shakeshout: