PDA

View Full Version : My day at Glenmore

baitfisher83
05-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Well, I've finally stopped getting skunked at Glenmore reservoir....I managed to hook into 2 trout and 2 pike with a couple other followers.....most of them were caught on a green and yellow twister tail.
Biggest one of the day, pliers set at 22" sorry for the terrible tape measure...and yes the 2 trout were kept before anyone knocks me for having them on rocks :P
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/05112011109.jpg
18 incher
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/05112011104.jpg
and a couple small pike decided to act tough.....
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/05112011106.jpg
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/05112011111.jpg
Guess choosing to go there instead of the bow was a good idea today...

bubbles
05-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Nice job!:)

what were you using for lures/bait?

baitfisher83
05-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Nice job!:)

what were you using for lures/bait?

All but one fish were caught on green & yellow twister tails....the two colored ones not the solids...

bubbles
05-11-2011, 11:14 PM
All but one fish were caught on green & yellow twister tails....the two colored ones not the solids...

Thanks for sharing your secret! :D haha.

going to have to pick up some colored ones i got the solid one's they might even work too who knows.

Kokanee9
05-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Good job!

baitfisher83
05-11-2011, 11:18 PM
the 18" was caught on the left lure, everything else on the twister
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/051120111121.jpg

tonycanevaro
05-11-2011, 11:21 PM
South or north side?

Alberta Bigbore
05-11-2011, 11:22 PM
nice fish... ive always wanted to try there. Just never know if its worth a drive from edmonton

baitfisher83
05-11-2011, 11:22 PM
South or north side?

at the risk of being inboxed AGAIN by someone for sharing info...the S.E corner of the Glenmore bridge...

Speckle55
05-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Grats nice fish.. awesome day hey:sHa_shakeshout:

baitfisher83
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Grats nice fish.. awesome day hey:sHa_shakeshout:

Yeah, I was thinking I'd be lucky to catch one.....but to hook into 5(one lost right by shore)....that makes up for all the bad trips I've had out there...I've never tried the twisters before so now I know what to go with....color choice may have to change when the water clears up though..

chubbdarter
05-11-2011, 11:47 PM
at the risk of being inboxed AGAIN by someone for sharing info...the S.E corner of the Glenmore bridge...

hahahahhahahahahah....just laugh it off.....

congrats on a great day

baitfisher83
05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
hahahahhahahahahah....just laugh it off.....

congrats on a great day

shhh everyone be vewy vewy quiet...I'm giving out secret spots.....I bet the 3 guys fishing about 10 yards from me want it to be a big secret too..lol

chubbdarter
05-11-2011, 11:51 PM
shhh everyone be vewy vewy quiet...I'm giving out secret spots.....I bet the 3 guys fishing about 10 yards from me want it to be a big secret too..lol

p.s. the kid at the sailing club i was watching caught all his fish on a silver cleo spoon with a blue stripe

baitfisher83
05-11-2011, 11:55 PM
p.s. the kid at the sailing club i was watching caught all his fish on a silver cleo spoon with a blue stripe

When will you ever learn???now that kid will be surrounded by 60 people next time he's out there....:argue2:

chubbdarter
05-12-2011, 12:02 AM
When will you ever learn???now that kid will be surrounded by 60 people next time he's out there....:argue2:

pretty sure the kid didnt care.....told me people dont catch poop anyway

crazyfish
05-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Looks like you had a good day , and glad to see you exercised your right to eat a few as well ! Hope you enjoy them and thanks for sharing ! :sHa_shakeshout:

Jwood 456
05-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Nice catches! Congrats

Also, I always find that those chartreuse rubber grubs are an all around awesome walleye lure to use, but didn't know that brown trout would go for them too.:sHa_shakeshout:

Braun
05-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Ill tell you about my day there........ My day was fine there. A little windy on the north side but whatever. fished there for a while. seemed a little slow so I moved over to the south side where I was blessed to listen to this old white guy preaching to this other guy about how often he ice fishes at glenmore and what the best time of day to ice fish glenmore and "oh this one time i was out here on the ice". for hours he talked about this. then to my delight he starts talking about our forum and how there is some of us that give out too much good information :sHa_shakeshout:. Well needless to say i highly doubt he has an account here the way he was talking but he comes on from time to time checking out whats being said on glenmore and some other links. I have a hunch that he was intending to come on again in the next day or so I am hoping / expecting him to read this, so without furthure adieu.......
HEY BUDDY, ICE FISHING GLENMORE RES IS ILLEGAL!!!! it has only been posted in the regs as of this year but it has been against city bylaw for years. :sign0080: oh and by the way the forum, apparently contrary to your belief, if not just a bunch of young guys trying to show off. The majority of members are older like you or even older. Although I have noticed an increase in young members here this year. FYI, this post makes me want to ask another question of forum members regarding encounters like this but I wont hijack and will start a new thread

good luck fishing the res!

jeprli
05-12-2011, 08:13 AM
^^Braun, sounds like the guy who was sending me pm's with death threats for posting trout pictures. Damn wish i was there, just to introduce myself :)

Nice fish!

They're still a bit short compared to last years monsters we were seeing.

Keep the spots to yourself, not because of fish being caught and taken but the amount of garbage that will gather there in the next few weeks.
I think those big ones are waiting for me at the xyz spot, will post when i hook some :)

baitfisher83
05-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Ill tell you about my day there........ My day was fine there. A little windy on the north side but whatever. fished there for a while. seemed a little slow so I moved over to the south side where I was blessed to listen to this old white guy preaching to this other guy about how often he ice fishes at glenmore and what the best time of day to ice fish glenmore and "oh this one time i was out here on the ice". for hours he talked about this. then to my delight he starts talking about our forum and how there is some of us that give out too much good information :sHa_shakeshout:. Well needless to say i highly doubt he has an account here the way he was talking but he comes on from time to time checking out whats being said on glenmore and some other links. I have a hunch that he was intending to come on again in the next day or so I am hoping / expecting him to read this, so without furthure adieu.......
HEY BUDDY, ICE FISHING GLENMORE RES IS ILLEGAL!!!! it has only been posted in the regs as of this year but it has been against city bylaw for years. :sign0080: oh and by the way the forum, apparently contrary to your belief, if not just a bunch of young guys trying to show off. The majority of members are older like you or even older. Although I have noticed an increase in young members here this year. FYI, this post makes me want to ask another question of forum members regarding encounters like this but I wont hijack and will start a new thread

good luck fishing the res!

You must have been fishing on the north side of the bridge....I was on the other side...but then I have a terrible memory and there was actually more people fishing there than I expected....did you catch anything?

horsetrader
05-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Well, I've finally stopped getting skunked at Glenmore reservoir....I managed to hook into 2 trout and 2 pike with a couple other followers.....most of them were caught on a green and yellow twister tail.
Biggest one of the day, pliers set at 22" sorry for the terrible tape measure...and yes the 2 trout were kept before anyone knocks me for having them on rocks :P
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/05112011109.jpg
18 incher
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/05112011104.jpg
and a couple small pike decided to act tough.....
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/05112011106.jpg
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/Christine_Hawes/05112011111.jpg
Guess choosing to go there instead of the bow was a good idea today...

Very nice catch looks like you had a great day congrates

tacklerunner
05-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, I've finally stopped getting skunked at Glenmore reservoir....I managed to hook into 2 trout and 2 pike

Nice trout BF! Don't you love it when you don't get hassled for calling them Bows or Browns and have to justify that you kept them to avoid being criticized for laying them on the rocks. Them pickeral-jacks are pretty fun to catch too.

Good job. Thanks for posting. Keep it up. :happy0034:

Gust
05-12-2011, 11:37 AM
It's funny how some people think the Pike should be rid of there; the fish seem to be healthy and abundant as do the Pike as do the Perch as do the Rainbows and the Browns and the Burbot. In fact if you dropped by the rez for the first time now, you'd think it were a Trout fishery first and foremost.

Nice Fatties Bait,,, I take pics with my cellphone and everything comes out thin looking,,,, note to self; take pics of myself with cellphone.

tacklerunner
05-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Just goes to show that a bunch of different species can co-exist in the same body of water.

Braun
05-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Just goes to show that a bunch of different species can co-exist in the same body of water.

x2. Its is a delicate balance though. with a big change to one population, the others could suffer

baitfisher83
05-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Nice trout BF! Don't you love it when you don't get hassled for calling them Bows or Browns and have to justify that you kept them to avoid being criticized for laying them on the rocks. Them pickeral-jacks are pretty fun to catch too.

Good job. Thanks for posting. Keep it up. :happy0034:

Actually the browns were better fighters..but I only caught little pike...after a bite of thrashing they just laid there..until I tried to remove the hook that is...lol then I got a shower..

FishBrain
05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
I have always wondered where you would park to fish the bridge

baitfisher83
05-12-2011, 12:03 PM

I never looked around much myself...I have to take the bus so I get off along glenmore and walk to the open part of the fence.....the hospital parking lot is the closest I can think of...

FishBrain
05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I never looked around much myself...I have to take the bus so I get off along glenmore and walk to the open part of the fence.....the hospital parking lot is the closest I can think of...

OH, haha, never thought of the hospital, Thanks

chubbdarter
05-12-2011, 12:08 PM

if your going west bound glenmore and take the 14 flyover...there is a parking lot just north(not sure its public)....BUT it only has a exit onto 14th...i have no idea how to get to it, unless you stop on 14th and back in going the WRONG way..lol. There must be a entrance via the residential streets.

baitfisher83
05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
OH, haha, never thought of the hospital, Thanks

lol yeah, it's a bit of a walk but exercise doesn't kill people....

FishBrain
05-12-2011, 12:14 PM
HMMM, maybe go play there after I finish with the ice!

baitfisher83
05-12-2011, 12:15 PM
HMMM, maybe go play there after I finish with the ice!

Look out Glenmore, trouble is coming..lol