PDA

View Full Version : called F&W today guy busted

gprime27
05-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Met this old dude down at a trout pond this morning in town here, he was fishing and having good luck. caught 3 before I was there. I asked him how many fish he had and he said 3.. I looked sure enough.. well I kept count afterwards and he had 5, then 8.. I finally left disgusted.

Called F&W, and didn't think much of it, guess they got him with a total of 5 over the limit, barbed hook (Was wondering why his fish where bleeding and one died in the water) and fishing without a license.. excellent :)

The gloves are off this year, I'm calling F&W on everything I find.. It's truly disgusting what's been happening out there

Guitarplayingfish
05-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Good job man. We don't need people like that fishing. I've got F&W saved in my phone now. Report a Poacher!! DOO ITTT!!!

chubbdarter
05-12-2011, 07:02 PM
good job

gprime27
05-12-2011, 07:15 PM
:sHa_shakeshout: thanks guys, feel pretty good about it.. Can't understand why people cannot play by the rules.. drives me bonkers :(

jacenbeers
05-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I fished next to a guy today who said he just moved here from Ontario and started asking me lots of questions about fishing in alberta. He had not even looked in the regs before he started fishing. He was surprised when I told him there were size limits on walleye and that most lakes were catch and release only for walleye. He did not even know you need to take barbs off your hook.

WayneChristie
05-12-2011, 07:56 PM
depends on how old he is, over 65 doesnt need a license.(right chub) :scared0018: still have to follow the same laws tho, good for reporting him

chubbdarter
05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
depends on how old he is, over 65 doesnt need a license.(right chub) :scared0018: still have to follow the same laws tho, good for reporting him

hahahhaha.....niether do hillbillies stuck in a snowdrift.....lol

Jwood 456
05-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Right on Gprime... There were some poachers in BC when I was little that I saw carry 2 30litre bucket fulls of trout to thier truck. My parents got their licence plate numer and reported them.:47b20s0:

horsetrader
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
That's good nice job.

Dust1n
05-12-2011, 08:12 PM
at least you gave him a chance good job on your part prime.

WayneChristie
05-12-2011, 08:48 PM
hahahhaha.....niether do hillbillies stuck in a snowdrift.....lol

I was just trying to get a good spot for May 8 opener :bad_boys_20:

chubbdarter
05-12-2011, 08:53 PM
I was just trying to get a good spot for May 8 opener :bad_boys_20:

lol...im glad you werent hurt.....but that pic of you playing Eskimo was hillarious

Ken07AOVette
05-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Way to go!!!

Willowtrail
05-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Good job Gprime. :happy0180:

I did the same this year and will continue to do so. If I have to fallow the rules so do they.

Report A Poacher 1-800-642-3800

I had to look up on my Blackberry when I saw. Program it in your phone so you don't need to waste any time.

Again, Good Job

gprime27
05-12-2011, 09:07 PM
it's been in my phone since this winter when I watched a guy rip the insides out of a fish with a barbed hook. After telling him no barbs, he just shrugged and back to fishing. Went back to my ice hut, called the fish cops.. watched them come out and ticketed him. I'm sure he knew it was me.. almost a 30 minute response! :)..

It drives me bonkers that I play by the rules and they don't.. I hate it

DaveFish
05-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Good job man. No one should feel bad for reporting poachers, we all just want our kids to have the same experiences we have had.

BGSH
05-12-2011, 11:11 PM
thats awsome, thats over 1000$ in tickets gear taken away and fishing ban for 3 months maby more i hope, idiiots stupid fooolz, i better not see these guys, or i would have done worst, i would have took his fish through em in the water for the ospreys and through him and his fishing rod in the water, this is getting bad, soon ima go to the nsr not with fishing gear and watch for these guys then throw them in the water if i see bad things happening trust me.

chubbdarter
05-12-2011, 11:15 PM
thats awsome, thats over 1000$ in tickets gear taken away and fishing ban for 3 months maby more i hope, idiiots stupid fooolz, i better not see these guys, or i would have done worst, i would have took his fish through em in the water for the ospreys and through him and his fishing rod in the water, this is getting bad, soon ima go to the nsr not with fishing gear and watch for these guys then throw them in the water if i see bad things happening trust me.

kids dont try this

The Fisherman Guy
05-12-2011, 11:24 PM
http://vogeltalksrving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/nelson_haha2.jpg

BGSH
05-12-2011, 11:29 PM
why not chubbs?????????

chubbdarter
05-12-2011, 11:37 PM
why not chubbs?????????

1st.....you cant touch people
2nd....you'll go to jail
3rd.....if he is tougher you'll be in jail and get a poop kicking

BGSH
05-12-2011, 11:43 PM
haha, yea but some on man, once you get sick of all the poachers you tend to take things into your own hands, maby not touch the person poaching but just take there fishing gear and throw it into the water

SushiUnagi
05-12-2011, 11:50 PM
:cheers:

chubbdarter
05-12-2011, 11:58 PM
haha, yea but some on man, once you get sick of all the poachers you tend to take things into your own hands, maby not touch the person poaching but just take there fishing gear and throw it into the water

You know BEST, i wont argue.

1-800-642-3800
or on Telus Mobility #3800

BGSH
05-13-2011, 12:04 AM
but see once i complete my Wildlife and Fisheries Conservation Major then i will have the law on my side and can bust these guys with the law you know?? so for the next little bit just have to keep calling f&w take pics and licence plates and watch and see

chubbdarter
05-13-2011, 12:09 AM
but see once i complete my Wildlife and Fisheries Conservation Major then i will have the law on my side and can bust these guys with the law you know?? so for the next little bit just have to keep calling f&w take pics and licence plates and watch and see

you might have a tough time becoming a Officer if you have a record of slapping fisherman around or throwing their gear in the water.....im no expert...just saying.

All the best in your profession

BGSH
05-13-2011, 12:11 AM
haha, chubbers ive heard of worst stuff trust me, and you know what i mean about all the poachers these days so crazy i bet theres people in the nsr fishing from shore keeping wally as we speek

TreeGuy
05-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Don't feed the trolls, Chub. ;)

Rockymtnx
05-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Good job on reporting him. Poachers only wreck it for the rest of us.

FishingMOM
05-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Stinky was watching a panda movie and they were talking about poachers.

He came and asked me if there was fish and elk poachers too.
I told him yes. He was spitting mad.
He wanted to kick someone in the behind. I had to send him to bed.

So even kids get mad about poaching.

Ace
05-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the phone number and the reminder.

I just put it into my contacts on my phone.

See ya
Ace

boot
05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
you know best, i wont argue.

lol

chubbdarter
05-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Don't feed the trolls, Chub. ;)

sorry i was bored

Daceminnow
05-13-2011, 12:30 PM
you might have a tough time becoming a Officer if you have a record of slapping fisherman around or throwing their gear in the water.....im no expert...just saying.

a link to our future officer posing by a camp fire with a pellet rifle, posted by himself on the fishing section of this forum? tough. i would have to agree chubb. treeguy, sorry i was a little bored too and sometimes have trouble holding back.

Dace

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=91695

BGSH
05-13-2011, 12:42 PM
so whats the point?? why does everyone hate on here, isnt this thread about poachers and how to stop them from poaching?? some guy busted a poacher yesterday which is awsome, and thats what we should be talking about and trying to stop is poaching.

baitfisher83
05-13-2011, 12:46 PM
so whats the point?? why does everyone hate on here, isnt this thread about poachers and how to stop them from poaching?? some guy busted a poacher yesterday which is awsome, and thats what we should be talking about and trying to stop is poaching.

It's one thing to report that you had someone caught poaching....but trying to act like you'd be the superhero in any given situation is just juvenile....CO's exist for a reason...it's THEIR job to deal with poachers...not some Expert in his own mind with a chip on his shoulder.

FishingFrenzy
05-13-2011, 12:49 PM

All you've been doing is making dumb comments about how your going to violently attack "poachers"

Honestly, there's no need to attack anyone who is breaking a rule or regulation under most circumstances. I find most so-called poachers are new to our sport and need someone to give them some direction on how to be an ethical fisherman. Anyone can go to Canadian Tire and buy a rod and some lures.. that doesnt mean they know that they need a license or that there are regulations...

Some people ARE out to break the rules.. but there's lots that are just under-informed.

My 2 cents.

BGSH
05-13-2011, 12:53 PM
whats a cool thing is many f&w go undercover and fish with the poachers to get information.

Sundancefisher
05-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Awesome job for both the OP and the Fish Cops...

Three cheers!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

IR_mike
05-13-2011, 01:12 PM

Pretty confident in finding employment in that field?

huntsfurfish
05-13-2011, 01:14 PM
best guide shawn homeniuk

Good grief! I hope the selection process weeds you out(and it should)! You are not
suitable for a Fish and wildlife officer anywhere on this planet(IMO)!

Have a nice day.

boot
05-13-2011, 01:20 PM
whats a cool thing is many f&w go undercover and fish with the poachers to get information.

So let me get this straight... it's cool to overhear a conversation regarding a possible fishing infraction and then lay the smack down on some guy, who might actually turn out to be an undercover CO. My brain hurts just thinking about that one...

I think the point that most people are trying to make is that you have no right to assault anyone. It's actually a criminal offense and you'd be lucky if you ended up getting a beat down, because at least in that case, you probablay won't get charged for assault.

BGSH
05-13-2011, 01:22 PM
relaxe take it easy, would not go that far, was just a bit heated up from poachers you know, yea best thing to do is call f&w thats true.

baitfisher83
05-13-2011, 01:25 PM

Good grief! I hope the selection process weeds you out(and it should)! You are not

Have a nice day.

The last thing F&W needs is another CO on a power trip....

huntsfurfish
05-13-2011, 01:31 PM
With attitudes like his it is unlikely he will get far. Lots of graduates and not alot of jobs.

BGSH
05-13-2011, 01:33 PM
you guys should relaxe seriously, bottom line its great that he called f&w and they came and gave out some tickets.

ogre
05-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Good on ya for teaching Stinky early. I still owe you for your kindness out at Sundance. Hope to see you guys out on the water someday.

baitfisher83
05-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Good on ya for teaching Stinky early. I still owe you for your kindness out at Sundance. Hope to see you guys out on the water someday.

Well hello there stranger....how is fishing out there lately?

gprime27
05-13-2011, 04:50 PM
HEY LOOK AT ME EVERYONE! I made a hot thread.. it's on fire :D

:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::f ighting0030:

baitfisher83
05-13-2011, 04:53 PM

Half of it was a guy showing his virtual muscles...lol but wtg on calling the CO's

gprime27
05-13-2011, 04:58 PM

This thread was only me telling you that I busted someone and was letting out my frustration on how people treat things in the enviroment.. and it should stop.

chubbdarter
05-13-2011, 05:42 PM
its a good post GP and you did the absolute right thing.....I know your a big guy and could have done the other suggested thing in this thread, slapping people around but.......lol...you know.

chubbdarter
05-13-2011, 05:43 PM
you guys should relaxe seriously, bottom line its great that he called f&w and they came and gave out some tickets.

hahahhahahhahahaha...we should relax????.....your the one managing the Bates Motel.
Buddy just apologise and then stop typing

Fishfinder
05-13-2011, 05:49 PM
hahahhahahhahahaha...we should relax????.....your the one managing the Bates Motel.
Buddy just apologise and then stop typing

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:47b20s0::47b20s0::47b20s0:

:kap:

gprime27
05-13-2011, 05:49 PM
its a good post GP and you did the absolute right thing.....I know your a big guy and could have done the other suggested thing in this thread, slapping people around but.......lol...you know.

Well, you know.. I wouldn't do something to anyone I wouldn't like. I get slapped around and I'll slap you back. C/O or not.. or even that dude that's acting like an idiot in this form.. Maybe we should all throw him in the lake everytime we see him then be like , oh but office we were horseplaying :D.. he started it ;)

gprime27
05-13-2011, 05:51 PM
and besides, if that guy did something to me he'd be hanging like the fish he had on his line.. Right through his newly found pearcing through his cheek :D

Fishfinder
05-13-2011, 05:52 PM
O ya, almost forgot lol, great job gprime, well played. And congrats on the HOT thread:happy0180:

gprime27
05-13-2011, 05:54 PM
O ya, almost forgot lol, great job gprime, well played. And congrats on the HOT thread:happy0180:

Thanks dude.. 1 month and 15 days i'll be coming your way to learn the rivers / lakes in another area ;)

Fishfinder
05-13-2011, 05:54 PM
and besides, if that guy did something to me he'd be hanging like the fish he had on his line.. Right through his newly found pearcing through his cheek :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHA:47b20s0::47b20s0::47b20s0:. Stop it, u guys are killing me!:1041:

Fishfinder
05-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks dude.. 1 month and 15 days i'll be coming your way to learn the rivers / lakes in another area ;)

Drop me a p.m. when u come, I can point you in a couple good directions!:shark:

gprime27
05-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Point forget that.. I'm going fishing with people :P I'm up for making friends :P

gprime27
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Remind you thought I'm a pretty good fisherman so, you may want to be my friend once I figure stuff out :scared0018:

horsetrader
05-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Wow that's it I got to stop working all the good stuff comes out when i'm at work DANG.........:)

FishingMOM
05-13-2011, 06:52 PM

I'm just hoping we get invite to open water for perch at Sundance.
Then I wont have to chase someone all over or watch him running everywhere to steal your perch.

Fishfinder
05-13-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm just hoping we get invite to open water for perch at Sundance.
Then I wont have to chase someone all over or watch him running everywhere to steal your perch.

question. Do u call him STINKY or just refer to him as stinky?
another question. Does he smell? Curious lol.
No harm intended:)

FishingMOM
05-13-2011, 07:31 PM
question. Do u call him STINKY or just refer to him as stinky?
another question. Does he smell? Curious lol.
No harm intended:)

Stinky is his nickname.
I call him stinky because, since he was a baby he would fart every time he wanted/needed a hug.
Being a boy he thinks its funny. So he laughs like crazy, then runs off.

Fishfinder
05-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Stinky is his nickname.
I call him stinky because, since he was a baby he would fart every time he wanted/needed a hug.
Being a boy he thinks its funny. So he laughs like crazy, then runs off.

AHAHAHA, now that's funny:sHa_sarcasticlol: Now I know, had to ask:) I just assumed he was a boy as girls smell perty perty.
Cheers!

FishingMOM
05-13-2011, 07:39 PM
AHAHAHA, now that's funny:sHa_sarcasticlol: Now I know, had to ask:) I just assumed he was a boy as girls smell perty perty.
Cheers!

Trust me he is all BOY
He missed the memo that he lives in a condo in the city
He tries to catch birds on the balcony
Figures he should hunt ELK and mom can transport it in her car
Likes to Pee on trees instead of going to find the bathroom
All food should be cooked on open fire.
The only time he smells PERTY is when I make him take a bath after having been swimming.
He knows how to charm women of any age. Something about those big blue eyes, and blonde hair and huge smile.

Its not a vacation unless it includes fishing!

diamond k
05-13-2011, 07:58 PM

We really need to look at our education system if people with linguistic skills like his our are future law enforcment. All I can hope for is he is 6 years old and will mature.

Fishfinder
05-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Trust me he is all BOY
He missed the memo that he lives in a condo in the city
He tries to catch birds on the balcony
Figures he should hunt ELK and mom can transport it in her car
Likes to Pee on trees instead of going to find the bathroom
All food should be cooked on open fire.
The only time he smells PERTY is when I make him take a bath after having been swimming.
He knows how to charm women of any age. Something about those big blue eyes, and blonde hair and huge smile.

Its not a vacation unless it includes fishing!

Awesome, sounds like he loves the great outdoors, good stuff mom:)

Fishfinder
05-13-2011, 08:18 PM
We really need to look at our education system if people with linguistic skills like his our are future law enforcment. All I can hope for is he is 6 years old and will mature.

Um....though I may agree....your "our" and "are" in your sentence above should be vice versa....hehe, kinda funny:scared0018:

chubbdarter
05-13-2011, 08:21 PM

check Dace's link in this thread........kinda big for 6

FishingMOM
05-13-2011, 08:40 PM
No insulting the intelligence of 6 year olds. Stinky might get upset if he heard you comparing you to this other guy.

gprime27
05-13-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm afraid to move to calgary now :( you've all got this little group up there were you all know each other.. I'm gonna get ignored and have no one to fish with :(..

chubbdarter
05-13-2011, 10:19 PM
GP.....hows the brookie fishing at Nic?

FishingMOM
05-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm afraid to move to calgary now :( you've all got this little group up there were you all know each other.. I'm gonna get ignored and have no one to fish with :(..

You can come play in the pond/river. Its okay

gprime27
05-13-2011, 10:29 PM
You can come play in the pond/river. Its okay

Well if mom says I can.. I guess that's not bad :)

IR_mike
05-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Well if mom says I can.. I guess that's not bad :)

Never mind mom, I'd be more worried about shawn!!!!

rem338win
05-13-2011, 10:49 PM

Well you have a lot to learn about powers and authorities, appointments, legislations, spelling and basic grammar. Start with the last two and go from there.
Good luck with all that. I am sure you'll end up on YouTube.

gprime27
05-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Well you have a lot to learn about powers and authorities, appointments, legislations, spelling and basic grammar. Start with the last two and go from there.
Good luck with all that. I am sure you'll end up on YouTube.

Yes yes he does

Gust
05-14-2011, 11:33 AM

You're kidding right? You move here, I give you the 9' mooching rod I turned into a 9' light/medium action spin rod and when you hit the Bow, you'll meet everyone on here.

nanuk-O-dah-Nort
05-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Can't understand why people cannot play by the rules.. drives me bonkers :(

read the thread about Speeding on highways!

Gust
05-14-2011, 11:49 AM
read the thread about Speeding on highways!

The one where the guy speeds because the gas consumption loss is negligible to the time gained,,, very entertaining indeed.

nanuk-O-dah-Nort
05-14-2011, 11:51 AM

Have a nice day.

There is a CO in Nipawin with the same kind of attitude....

blocks off a road with trees/logs, posts no hunting signs on the fence, and then screams and threatens tickets when vehicles come up the road to turn around

A-holes like that should be weeded out and put on the Unemployment line

gatorhunter
05-14-2011, 12:04 PM
There is a CO in Nipawin with the same kind of attitude....

blocks off a road with trees/logs, posts no hunting signs on the fence, and then screams and threatens tickets when vehicles come up the road to turn around

A-holes like that should be weeded out and put on the Unemployment line

Sounds like a very creative game warden and an internet cowboy with an axe to grind!

Albertafisher
05-14-2011, 12:30 PM
I know this is pretty late... But great job! :happy0034:

chubbdarter
05-14-2011, 02:15 PM
so in relation to a highway cop...................we would get beat up and then the cop would throw our vehicle in the ditch

Daceminnow
05-14-2011, 09:22 PM

i know earlier i suggested in another thread that are "best guide", future conservation bounty hunter friend should take some of our younger members out and show them the ropes on the NSR. i feel bad about this. this guys took less than a week on this forum to show his true colors, and has recently been creeping around other forums spewing crap too. most definitely not guide material. be aware out there guys, i'm sick i suggested someone of this nature to be a valued asset to our younger inexperienced members.

Dace

Dust1n
05-14-2011, 09:28 PM
i know earlier i suggested in another thread that are "best guide", future conservation bounty hunter friend should take some of our younger members out and show them the ropes on the NSR. i feel bad about this. this guys took less than a week on this forum to show his true colors, and has recently been creeping around other forums spewing crap too. most definitely not guide material. be aware out there guys, i'm sick i suggested someone of this nature to be a valued asset to our younger inexperienced members.

Dace

ya but its kinda hard to just watch as it happens even though you told them about the conseqences/fines.
hopefully the "poachers" on this forum if there is any read this and take it as a warning itself about what privalages you loose.
fishing bans.
fines.
loss of fishing tackle.
ect.

gprime27
05-14-2011, 10:15 PM
You're kidding right? You move here, I give you the 9' mooching rod I turned into a 9' light/medium action spin rod and when you hit the Bow, you'll meet everyone on here.

Got my own flyrod thanks.. I can't wait to meet everyone.. and yes I was only kidding :)

gprime27
05-14-2011, 10:17 PM
ya but its kinda hard to just watch as it happens even though you told them about the conseqences/fines.
hopefully the "poachers" on this forum if there is any read this and take it as a warning itself about what privalages you loose.
fishing bans.
fines.
loss of fishing tackle.
ect.

I think if a certain amount of tickets is over a certain number that person get's their license taken away for x amount of days..

say 400 dollars in fines?

BGSH
05-15-2011, 12:16 AM
guess everyone misunderstood me, what i meen was sometimes when you see poachers over and over again, and you know they are fishing with barbs and keeping fish they shouldnt be when you educate them about fishing within the law to substain fishing for many years to come and then you see the same person do it its so agonizing that they just dont listen, yes i said i will throw em in the water, but some on now obviously i was joking, what should be done is call 1-800-642-3800 as i have called a few times myself, because its the poachers that make all fishermen and hunters who fish within the law look bad when we are out just to have a great time and enjoy the fresh air, sorry about what i said earlier in this thread :(

gprime27
05-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Neat, so your saying you retract everything that was said? ^^^

baitfisher83
05-15-2011, 07:19 AM
of course he is...he didn't season his foot well enough to enjoy the taste of it......guess troll feet are a bit smelly...

trouty
05-15-2011, 08:09 AM

unfortunately this is the attitude of the new generation of CO's. It used to be firstly about education, not strictly enforcement. Now it's about how many tickets can I write, kinda like a meter maid. Yes people should get tickets but it has turned to be the focus, with little education.

JohninAB
05-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Just a brief comment, a CO (Conservation Officer) does not work for Fish and Wildlife, they work for parks. A Fish and Wildlife Officer works for Fish and Wildlife.

Swede
05-15-2011, 08:49 AM
unfortunately this is the attitude of the new generation of CO's. It used to be firstly about education, not strictly enforcement. Now it's about how many tickets can I write, kinda like a meter maid. Yes people should get tickets but it has turned to be the focus, with little education.

How much more education do people need , than getting a ticket. You think just because people play dumb when they get caught that they should get some kind of break. These people know dam well there breaking the law and I say nail them
to the wall right off the bat and they might learn. Give them a break and they will be out poaching the next day.

tacklerunner
05-15-2011, 09:53 AM

Sadly that is the perception... but most F&W are great people and are working for us and are genuinely intersted in conservation. Remember they don't make the rules so "they" are not the money grabbers so to speak.

I'm glad best guide retracted his statements even if it did take too long. F&W officers don't need more negative associations with their profession.

IMO

BGSH
05-15-2011, 01:53 PM
fish and wildlife are not about the tickets at all, they are about catching and preventing poacher activity.

Dust1n
05-15-2011, 02:17 PM
fish and wildlife are not about the tickets at all, they are about catching and preventing poacher activity.

the majoirty are...i find the new generation of f&w inspect you like hawk. a couple years ago they were quizzing me out cause they thought i was 16+
majority are great though they even gave me and my buddys whistles lol