PDA

View Full Version : Fishin lines?

stc77
05-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, just wonderin what your choice of line would be. I mostly fish trout in the bow, and smaller lakes/ ponds around calgary. I got some new reels and was debating as to what line i should use this year. I've pretty much used mono all my life and was thinking of branching into a fluoro or braid this year. With me not having experience with either, i'm looking for some advice. Which casts better/farther? how does the memory of fluoro compare to that of a mono. If i use braid i will definitely use a mono/fluoro leader as i know visibility is a slight issue with braid. Or should i not worry about it and just stick with mono?

Jwood 456
05-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Hey guys, just wonderin what your choice of line would be. I mostly fish trout in the bow, and smaller lakes/ ponds around calgary. I got some new reels and was debating as to what line i should use this year. I've pretty much used mono all my life and was thinking of branching into a fluoro or braid this year. With me not having experience with either, i'm looking for some advice. Which casts better/farther? how does the memory of fluoro compare to that of a mono. If i use braid i will definitely use a mono/fluoro leader as i know visibility is a slight issue with braid. Or should i not worry about it and just stick with mono?

Briaded line is the smoothest and furthest casting line from my personal experience. Braided line is so smooth compared to mono and flourocarbon that regular knots to tie mono can easilly slip free. The palmour knot would easilly fix the braided line knot slipping.

Dust1n
05-12-2011, 10:06 PM
i use 6lb mono and a flouro leader about 10 feet long andabout 4lb flouro leader