PDA

View Full Version : Fishing and Camping?

trapshooter
05-12-2011, 09:53 PM
What are some good places to go camp and fish within 2 1/2 - 3 hours from Calgary? I don't care what kind of fish as long as I can keep some. I don;t have a boat so shore fishing only. Thanks

Gary K
05-13-2011, 08:57 AM
im also looking for some!

Scotty P.
05-13-2011, 10:51 AM
One place you may want to try is Phyillis lake west of Caroline AB. You can camp right at the lake and fish from shore. There are a few more lakes in and around that area that are open as well if you wanted to fish different waters such as Alford Lake.

trapshooter
05-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Already new about phyllis lake, it is one o my favorite places.

fisherwoman
05-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Beauvios (might have spelled this wrong) Lake is nice. It's a Provincial park with a campground and a lake just a stones throw away from the mountains and the Crowsnest Pass. The lake is stocked with rainbow and brown trout. There is a day-use area on the lake with a picnic area and a nice place to fish from shore. I have good luck fishing here with bait (worm, corn, powerbait, marshmellow, ect.) on a pickerel rig. Happy Camping!

calgarygringo
05-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Lots of places to fish based on that criteria. Go purchase Barry Mitchell's fishing guide at any sporting goods store to start. Read up on this area and there are lots of hints. Watch the board as there are lots of hints every day. Let people know when you are available and watch for trips going out and join in. Most southern Alberta lakes have whitefish, perch, and Pike available from the shore and there are lots of places within those guidelines. Head out to the south end of K country and there are a lot of streams and creeks and catch Brookies all day long that you can have a meal. I usually lead a trip out to Cataract creek or camp out that way and let everyone know and we have a fishing day as well. Lots of people willing to get you started and if you do some reading and watch the board there are lots of places. Just make sure if you tag along and get to a lake X as we refer you keep it to yourself as a lot of us don't tell all the details all the time.
There is a good start.

Jwood 456
05-13-2011, 11:09 PM
What are some good places to go camp and fish within 2 1/2 - 3 hours from Calgary? I don't care what kind of fish as long as I can keep some. I don;t have a boat so shore fishing only. Thanks

PM sent

Jwood 456
05-13-2011, 11:27 PM