PDA

View Full Version : Electronics!!!!! What do u think?

FisherPotch
12-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Well my eagle fishfinder craped out on me this year and now my aquaveiw scout has been put to rest. I'd like to purchase a more trust worthy unit that i can get more than 2 years outa (my scout didnt last 2 years and was very finiky for the last year i had it). What are your experiences with underwater cameras in particular. The good the bad etc. I'm looking at getting a new unit asap (like xmas!! lol). A friend of my fathers has a aquaview quad and it seems like a better quality unit as compaired to my scout. Any advice would be greatly appretiated. How bout the showdown that NDN brought up in another thread has no one tried it yet? What should i buy in your opinion?

SNAPFisher
12-14-2007, 03:55 PM
My opinion, give AquaView a rest and go for Marcum. I too have experienced the less than stellar quality of AquaView including their pathetic attempt at turning the camera with the mighty cheap plastic "MO-POD"....what a pathetic device.

For the Marcum line see:
http://www.marcumtech.com/products/productfront.php?ProdCat1=2

I went all out this year and picked up the fully featured 560. There are less expensive models of course. Quality is excellent and common sense design throughout.

Here is a bit of why I got the 560:
The VS560 is the perfect tool to enhance your ice fishing experience. The VS560 offers 360 degrees underwater viewing that can be controlled from the monitor keypad or from a wireless remote. The system needs to be calibrated for an accurate depth reading by turning the unit on before the camera is lowered into the water. The unit must go through its start up procedure which ends with the LED lighting system blinking three times (takes about 10 seconds). The soft-pack has a cable cleat located at the left rear corner for setting camera depth. Lower the camera to the desired depth and then place the cable into the slot in the cable cleat and pull the cable until it locks into the bottom of the slot. You can now raise and lower the camera depth without getting up or leaving your ice house. Simply let out or retract the cable to set the desired depth and then secure the cable in the cable cleat. The system also includes a down viewing strap that screws into the bottom of the camera. The cable can then be looped an placed into the slot and pulled until the cable locks into place. By adjusting the size of the loop in the cable you can change the angle of the down view.

TundraBuck
12-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Or don't get a camera get a Marcum or Vexilar flasher my younger brother got one and its awesome he was pounding trout with it!