PDA

View Full Version : Peace River

Fishgut
05-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Going to be working in the Peace country for two to three months starting in the middle of June. Any ideas where to go fishing after work up there. Will be staying in a campground not sure which one yet, but sounds like the job is around Leddy Lake. Any info on campgrounds or fishing appreciated.

Dust1n
05-14-2011, 09:49 PM
theres dead chumms in that river.

KegRiver
05-14-2011, 10:25 PM
I believe there is a campground right at Leddy Lake. But the campground over at Lac Cardinal is better I think. There is also a nice campground right in Dixonville. But that may be too far for living quarters if you're working around Leddy.

Sulphur Lake northwest of Dixonville has Trout, Joker Lake East of Diashowa has lots of Pike and the Peace River has Walleye, Pike, Goldeye and Burbot anywhere along that stretch of it. The backeddies are your best bit in the Peace. If you have a river boat better fishing can be found at the mouths of feeder streams like the Coddote River, downsteam from Diashowa. That's north.

That's about all I know. I fish more to the north.

Fishgut
05-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks Keg River I have a boat but just a outboard will that work on the river or do you need a jetboat. Do they have full hookup at Leddy Lake.