PDA

View Full Version : Bait restrictions on Glenmore?

Brumze
05-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, so I read the regulations a bunch of times and the only bait that seems to be banned from the venue is "bait fish". I wanted to quadriple check with you- does that mean that other types of bait are allowed, meal worms for example ?

Please let me know asap. :-)

Dust1n
05-15-2011, 09:09 PM
no minnows but your allowed smelts.

Daceminnow
05-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey guys, so I read the regulations a bunch of times and the only bait that seems to be banned from the venue is "bait fish". I wanted to quadriple check with you- does that mean that other types of bait are allowed, meal worms for example ?

Please let me know asap. :-)

from the regs....

Fishing with Bait Fish
Bait Fish means any of the following:

suckers (family Catostomidae)
sticklebacks (family Gasterosteidae)
trout-perch (Percopsis omiscomaycus)
Iowa darter (Etheostoma exile)
minnows (family Cyprinidae), except carp, goldfish and the western silvery minnow.
Note: Pet store fish (tropical fish) or crayfish cannot be used as bait fish.

Bait Fish may be used in waters that do not have bait bans or bait fish restrictions. Where fishing with bait fish is prohibited, other baits including smelts, herring, gammarus shrimp and dead fish eggs (e.g., preserved “salmon eggs”) may be used, provided a bait ban is not in effect for that water body.
NOTE: Smelts and herring are of the saltwater families Osmeridae and Clupeidae. Use of the freshwater species cisco (Coregonidae), also called tullibee or lake herring, is prohibited from use as bait.

your mealworms are good to go.

Dace

Dace

Brumze
05-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the help. :-)