PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Gear...GARAGE SALES!

Fishfinder
05-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Hit up a garage sale I found on the weekend. Buddy had a ridonkulous amount of fishing tackle for sale, I coulda stayed and played all day ha.

Anyways, anyone looking to save some bux on tackle, I'd suggest grabbing the ol paper or checking online for garage sales with fishing items.

Not that I needed any of this, I ended up grabbing:

1 Gorilla Stick rod and Shimano Reel in great shape (I will use as a lender)
1 Telescopic rod and reel, (can't recall make and too lazy to check right now)
1 Net, in perfect shape and breraks down, very sturdy
20 or so lures in great shape (crankbaits, mepps spinners, flies, etc)

Total cash spent after a lil negotiating....27$.
:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

So anyone looking to save a lil cash, pick up your local paper! I got lucky:)

TyreeUM
05-16-2011, 12:12 PM
awesome find! I head to the rich neighbourhoods sometimes, guys will drop huge cash on flyfishing gear and realize they don't have the patience to get into it...nothing like picking up an orvis rod and reel for 50 buks! haha

Fishfinder
05-16-2011, 12:31 PM
For Sure! I was hoping he had fly gear for sale (as I want to give it a try) but not so much, he's still a devoted fisherman and was only willing to part with a few flies. Once he started opening up his cabinets and what not, showing me his "not for sale" gear, I was in a minor state of shock. I instantly thought of Chubbs collection lol. This fella musta had at least 60 rods and likely 20 tackle boxes or so, plum full. Heck and I never even got to see his flygear! Some great vintage rods too, I had to contain myself, I coulda went broke....FAST!