PDA

View Full Version : Wading boots

ShhImFishing
05-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Hey Everyone,

So i was looking to buy a pair of wading boots, and wanted the opinion of all the gurus out there :D

I was looking to either get
Hodgmans (http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fishing-apparel/waders-boots/wadetech-wading-shoe/prod183200.html)
or
Korkers (http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fishing-apparel/waders-boots/streamborn-wade-boot/prod251819.html)

I cant really afford more then $100, i can swing around $120 but no more than that, so i put it to you guys, which of these is better for the price or what alternate suggestions do you have in my price range? I would love to get a pair of simms guide boots but cant afford em. Thanks in advance

Side note, im in edmonton so im more or less limited to whats around here store-wise.

DaveFish
05-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Have had 2 pairs of korkers in my life, never let me down.

Bigtoad
05-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I forked over the extra $30 to get these
http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fishing-apparel/waders-boots/guide-wading-boot/prod264744.html

JUST got them 2 months ago so I can't speak too much about them but they seem pretty freaking great.

Cheers.

ÜberFly
05-16-2011, 10:50 PM
I have had the Korkers (with removable sole) for about a year and thus far they are great... Make sure you get the proper size as they fit small (even the newer model), eg. I'm a 10.5 and I wear a 12 Korker.

The previous version is on sale so you should be able to get them within your price range (as listed in the previous post). The caveat being that you have to buy extra soles, depending on where you fish & what you prefer (IMHO the hiking soles are a waste [which is why they include them, I'm sure). I use the studded felt exclusively (except in a drift boat) and studded rubber exclusively in the winter. Chances are all the soles are on sale, as well.

Oh if you get them, DO NOT take them off like you do shoes (with your foot on the heel) pull them off with your hands - they'll last longer!!

P

TheFishHunter
05-17-2011, 09:35 AM
I've had both.. the hodgman's are entry level.. I found after a year of hard fishing the sole was starting to peel. I switched over to the Korkers and they have been excellent. Another good pair is the Chodas as they aren't too expensive either..

bobby2unes
05-17-2011, 11:09 AM
I would get rubber studded soles if I were you. Felt soles are getting banned in more jurisdictions due to "rock snot".

stvnda
05-22-2011, 07:12 PM
I got a question about this, I am just getting into fly fishing and got myself a pair of breathable chest waiters as a gift. The fit in the height and but the feet are really big. From what I gather, the feet are all the same size within the same size waders. How do you fit chest waders to the boots? Should they buch up in boot or is there something I am missing?

Photoplex
05-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I got a question about this, I am just getting into fly fishing and got myself a pair of breathable chest waiters as a gift. The fit in the height and but the feet are really big. From what I gather, the feet are all the same size within the same size waders. How do you fit chest waders to the boots? Should they buch up in boot or is there something I am missing?

The neoprene socks/feet on my chest waders are pretty big too (at least an inch or two spare at the end) but when I put on my boots (1 size larger than I would wear a normal shoe) it's all good. Don't feel any bunching up or anything.