PDA

View Full Version : Fly Identification

Photoplex
05-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know what this fly is? (Sorry about the poor photo quality)

Cheers!

Dust1n
05-17-2011, 09:12 PM
wooly worm

uplander
05-17-2011, 09:13 PM
wooly worm

x2

Albertafisher
05-17-2011, 09:15 PM
x2

3X

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know what this fly is? (Sorry about the poor photo quality)

Cheers!

fly display case looks like the wss special fly reel box?

Photoplex
05-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Much appreciated folks!

Trying to organise my flies and I'm really struggling with it. Streamers and nymphs I have down, but dry vs wet is a headache.

I guess it'll come with time!

Dust1n
05-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Much appreciated folks!

Trying to organise my flies and I'm really struggling with it. Streamers and nymphs I have down, but dry vs wet is a headache.

how many flies do you own because iv herd storys of fly tiers owning over a couple thousand.

Photoplex
05-17-2011, 09:19 PM
fly display case looks like the wss special fly reel box?

Heh, close, but no cigar! It's a WSS fly box :)

Photoplex
05-17-2011, 09:21 PM
how many flies do you own because iv herd storys of fly tiers owning over a couple thousand.

Hah, nowhere near that many! Maybe about 100. Now I think about it, that seems a lot for someone just starting out :scared:

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Much appreciated folks!

you don't have to get the label maker out photo. if you'd take me up on the coffee offer i might be able to help you out. watch those flys wss was blowing out, i've straightened a few right out already on fish. not kidding i'm done with them, not worth not landing fish. jr has been extra busy behind the vise tying to replace them.

Photoplex
05-17-2011, 09:39 PM
you don't have to get the label maker out photo. if you'd take me up on the coffee offer i might be able to help you out. watch those flys wss was blowing out, i've straightened a few right out already on fish. not kidding i'm done with them, not worth not landing fish. jr has been extra busy behind the vise tying to replace them.

Ok, you're on! I bought a bunch of those WSS blow out ones at the end of last year. Also got a bunch from a friend that (according to a different friend) are really nice.

Not trying to organise them precisely - just into categories (streamers, nymphs, wet, and dry) but I'm struggling differentiating between the last two. I know the hackle is much stiffer on a dry fly, so some are obvious - but some are not so obvious :confused:

Daceminnow
05-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Ok, you're on! I bought a bunch of those WSS blow out ones at the end of last year. Also got a bunch from a friend that (according to a different friend) are really nice.

Not trying to organise them precisely - just into categories (streamers, nymphs, wet, and dry) but I'm struggling differentiating between the last two. I know the hackle is much stiffer on a dry fly, so some are obvious - but some are not so obvious :confused:

pm me your number and we'll set it up.