PDA

View Full Version : Hermitage Park

Smasher
05-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know if there's anything to catch in the stocked pond at Hermitage Park or did it get winter killed? Want to take my girls somewhere with easy access and i live 5 mins from there.

BGSH
05-18-2011, 02:29 PM
it was winter-killed and it should be stocked by now.but dont know for sure, give fishing hole a call and ask them, they will know

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know if there's anything to catch in the stocked pond at Hermitage Park or did it get winter killed? Want to take my girls somewhere with easy access and i live 5 mins from there.

Ive got not idea of when the lakes stocked or if it winter killed etc . You often see lots of guys fishing there though .

As for regulations go its provincial wide possession limits

Province-wide maximum possession – All fish kept from any lake or stream, from any Watershed Unit, count as part of the province-wide maximum possession that must not be exceeded. The maximum number of fish you may have, including fish at your home and fish caught under a special harvest licence, for each game fish species or group of species is listed below:

•Trout and Arctic Grayling – 5 in total, combined of:
0 bull trout (native to Alberta);
2 Northern Dolly Varden (stocked in Chester Lake only);
1 golden trout;
2 Arctic grayling;
3 lake trout;
5 cutthroat trout;
5 rainbow trout;
5 brown trout;
5 brook trout.

•Mountain Whitefish – 5 in total.
•Walleye and Sauger – 3 in combined total.
•Northern Pike – 3 in total.
•Yellow Perch – 15 in total.
•Lake Whitefish and Cisco (Tullibee) – 10 in combined total.
•Goldeye and Mooneye – 10 in combined total.
•Burbot (Ling) – 10 in total.
•Lake Sturgeon – 0
•Non-game fish – no restriction on the numbers kept.

This link is your friend http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

Smasher
05-18-2011, 06:29 PM
OK, I'll check with the FH. I was there today grabbing some minnows and never even thought about asking them.

Jeff_
05-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Went down there yesterday to take a look, Didn't see any fish jumping/ rising so I don't think it is stocked yet.

ghostguy6
05-18-2011, 11:08 PM
it definately winterkilled. Not sure if its stocked yet. Most likely will be after may long.

RVParks
05-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Hermitage pond was stocked May 05 with 3,000+ Rainbow.

RV

HuyFishin
05-19-2011, 09:16 AM
yea its stocked, i've fished there a couple times, a little slow, but there are fish.

around 5-6 inches

Bhflyfisher
05-19-2011, 11:37 PM
2 or 3 years ago i caught one fish in late may that was about 14" either the fish grow really fast.. or that was a holdover. Caught him on a pheasant tail flashback nymph slowly retrieved!

BGSH
05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
yea 3 years ago there were some around 15 inches there