PDA

View Full Version : crowsnest river?

dragon
05-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Thinking of fishing it on my way to bc tonight for a bit. Anyone have any luck?

FlyFishFairwx
05-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Running a bit high now remember anything west of the East hillcreast bridge is closed as is between the falls and Highway 3..

From Vic's site

The section of river upstream of the East Hillcrest Bridge is closed until June 16th. The section between Lundbreck Falls and Highway 3 is closed April 1 - June 15. The Oldman River, downstream of Hwy. 22 opens April 1. All of the other rivers in the area open June 16.

Be sure to read the fishing regulations and check the weather forecast before heading out.

Guitarplayingfish
05-18-2011, 09:43 PM
was out there on mothers day... was a waste of time, river was flowing so fast and muddy I was nervous wading through it. At least where I normally go, it looked fishable closer to lumbreck though, but prepare for murkyness.

lannie
05-18-2011, 10:13 PM
It is very high, very fast and very dirty- blown out. Still lots of snow to melt. Adanac over to Carbondale is impassable due to snow. Was up there last night. I think the river is going to get a lot worse long before it gets better.

dragon
05-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Fished it for about an hous just dowb stream of the bridge. It was a peacful night lol!