PDA

View Full Version : Chin Walleye Tour.

Dale S
05-18-2011, 08:22 PM
I hav'ent heard anything about the tournement at Chin on the forum. Does any one know. That lake would have been nasty last weekend.

npauls
05-18-2011, 08:23 PM
It was nasty for the whole tourney and the fishing was really slow.

rielbowhunter
05-18-2011, 08:25 PM
lets hope next week it is nice.
I plan to go, it will be a first for me.

npauls
05-18-2011, 08:34 PM
I am still waiting to here if I will be able to get into the group area on wed. or have to wait till thursday.

Either way I will be in a black gmc sierra quad cab with the little camper on the back of it.

I have been keeping an eye on the weather and right now the long term forecast is looking pretty good but this is southern alberta and I am sure it will change a few times before tourney weekend.

Dale S
05-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Do you know any details on the winners.

rielbowhunter
05-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I ll stop bye and say hi.I am sure the campground will have a open spot on thursday if they dont let you in the group spot.

npauls
05-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh I will be there first thing thursday morning to get camp set up pretty quick and get out on the water to try and put together a plan.

The winners last names were knutson and Head I think. All the details will be posted on Go Walleye by this weekend hopefully.

rielbowhunter
05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I had friends out at traverse on the weekend and they had a great day.

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Travers needs to be closed from the LBPP boat launch...west for 4 miles till june 15th or even permanantly

npauls
05-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Travers needs to be closed from the LBPP boat launch...west for 4 miles till june 15th or even permanantly

How come Darter? Are people just heading up there and bonking their limit of big spawning females? I will be out there on Monday hopefully and see what things are like but haven't made it out that way yet this year.

rielbowhunter
05-18-2011, 09:04 PM
they could make it C&R. so chubb will we see you at the tourney?

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 09:05 PM
How come Darter? Are people just heading up there and bonking their limit of big spawning females? I will be out there on Monday hopefully and see what things are like but haven't made it out that way yet this year.

yup...even if they dont bonk them...they are on maternity leave and should be allowed to recover.

I dont care what You know Who Says...initials T.C. those fish are still in there spawning now.....and when they are done they should be allowed to feed and recover.

once they drop back they become fair game

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 09:08 PM
they could make it C&R. so chubb will we see you at the tourney?

I hope not.....have a 6 sled get to gether to run from the forks to lethbridge

rielbowhunter
05-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I was told you will only be aloud to fish to the first house on the left, for the tourney, thats less than a mile.

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 09:21 PM
to tell you the truth the yote bluffs to the swim beach is their post spawn drop back....but asking TC to close that is impossible, cuz he is a Gawd dam pencil pushing ......

watch people fishing off the shore and docks right now....they all think they are think they are Gary Parsons now..lol

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 09:31 PM
then those fish drop back to the hard bottom of scottys coulee until temps rise......then they make a short run back up to eat new minnows of the year. males stay up there all year sometimes but the big hens drop back to feed on suspended whites on the main lake especially near the Watson drop.

We need a similar closure like Pigeon has

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Sorry Dago......this issue just pizzes me off

back to the Chin Discussion

npauls
05-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Ya I hear you there Darter. Last year was Travers as the opening tourney and there was quite a few shore fishermen/women catching quite a few fish from the docks and shore.

Ya the rule is that you can't go any further up the river then the pink house for the tourney.

rielbowhunter
05-18-2011, 09:38 PM
to tell you the truth the yote bluffs to the swim beach is their post spawn drop back....but asking TC to close that is impossible, cuz he is a Gawd dam pencil pushing ......

watch people fishing off the shore and docks right now....they all think they are think they are Gary Parsons now..lol

LOL i had to google Gary parsons, but still not sure who T.C. is i was thinking Mel knight?

chubbdarter
05-18-2011, 09:45 PM
LOL i had to google Gary parsons, but still not sure who T.C. is i was thinking Mel knight?

lol...text coming your way rbh

rielbowhunter
05-18-2011, 09:51 PM
so where any big fish caught at Chin this year?

npauls
05-18-2011, 09:59 PM
2 decent sized ones that I heard of and both were big fish of the day.

First day was caught by Brian Eberts and it was 73-74cm

Second day was caught by the winning team I think and was 68cm if my memory is correct.

They will have it all posted on Go Walleye once Laurie gets a chance to go through it all and post it.

Braun
05-18-2011, 11:29 PM
2 decent sized ones that i heard of and both were big fish of the day.

First day was caught by brian eberts and it was 73-74cm

second day was caught by the winning team i think and was 68cm if my memory is correct.

They will have it all posted on go walleye once laurie gets a chance to go through it all and post it.

booooooo

npauls
05-19-2011, 12:47 AM
booooooo

That guy is a damn good fisherman Braun. They finished 2nd at Chin I wouldn't put it past them if they finish top 5 at Travers.

packhuntr
05-19-2011, 06:48 AM
I think he sold his soul to the devil!

Braun
05-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Oh I know. He's a great guy too. I'm happy he's doin well. I just like stiring the pot

npauls
05-19-2011, 10:37 AM
I think he sold his soul to the devil!

hahahaha Don't hate bud. If I had that same opportunity I would if it meant being an amazing fisherman.

You going to fish the trail or have you strapped on the retirement boots?

packhuntr
05-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey Nate, wife greenlighted me for one or two this year, but I dont want to go if I cant hit them all. Tough having young kids, acreage, small scale trout farming LOL, and hunt prep nagging to be front and center for some big hunts this fall. Prob gonna blow in there and throw my donation in the heap next year. Its driving me nutz, and looking at that damned boat in the shop aint getting any easier this last little while! Id say good luck man, but you and Bob dont need er!

npauls
05-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Oh ya we need all the luck and help we can get. We are both broke as a joke so we need to cash in on some serious prize money this year to get our heads above water.

I have to make my way up to Newel and maybe stop by your place to chuck some flies at them trout in your pond sometime this summer.