PDA

View Full Version : Cable-Lifted Storage Rack

Garry B
05-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if such a thing as follows can be bought in Canada? This store does ship here but cheapest shipping is 120. I want to use it to store my sled, tent, auger etc. up and away.

http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/Racor,PHL,1R,Pro,HeavyLift,4,by,4,Foot,Cable,Lifte d,Storage,Rack,55248.php?prod=55248

Would like to find something similar here. Costco and Canadian Tire have something like this for bikes but I want something heavier like this.

Thanks

npauls
05-18-2011, 09:40 PM
You could get a couple rope hoists from princess auto for $13 a piece and attach them to a sheet of thick enough plywood and it would be similar to that. I will be picking up a couple of them and getting my father or a friend to hoist all my ice gear in to the rafters of my garage for storage while not in season. If it works good enough I will probably get a few more of them and store some other larger items up there also.

Willowtrail
05-18-2011, 10:10 PM
I thought of that same lift but he needs it to be able to lift easy, like a winch or a crank of some sort. The PA ones are manual. Great idea though.

Garry B
05-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Manual rope hoists might be good but I am just trying to think how they would work to keep the thing going up square? I suspect there would need to be one in each corner and that might make it tricky. I'll keep thinking. Thanks.

pikester
05-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Looking at that picture the hoist looks to be based on an overhead door opener type device. Maybe something along those lines could work? At least it could be electric.

chubbdarter
05-19-2011, 05:26 PM
my sled gets stored pinned to the underside of the rafters ...2 long cargo straps get hung down....2 guys put the frabil 3 man into the cradle the 2 straps form. Then 1 guy on each strap and pull till its pinned to the rafters. Its best with 2 people but my wife helped me no problem last year. Really easy in the bed of the truck backed in