PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon lake (valleyview....)

Harbercraftguy
05-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Any one fished the lake since ice out?
just wondering for the long weekend. Thanks.

Harbercraftguy
05-19-2011, 04:00 PM
nobody?

BGSH
05-19-2011, 04:01 PM
sturgeon lake never fished it, is it any good for pike,walleye?? or just suckers and burbot?

Harbercraftguy
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
good for all of the above.just havent fished after ice out before.I hope its good.

BGSH
05-19-2011, 04:08 PM
should be good this time of year, in sturgeon river people are catching wallys so should be awsome :)

KillBilly
05-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Went last week and it was terrible, buddy went last weekend and it was the same. Can only get better from here on out. I'll be out again this weekend to give it another shot.

pickrel pat
05-19-2011, 05:15 PM
should be good this time of year, in sturgeon river people are catching wallys so should be awsome :)sturgeon lake up by valleyview.

albertadeer
05-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Went last week and it was terrible, buddy went last weekend and it was the same. Can only get better from here on out. I'll be out again this weekend to give it another shot.

Same here, went a couple days ago...Just a few pike and one walleye from 4 hrs of fishing. Hopefully it picks up soon!

prospector
05-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Went out this morning, it was extremely foggy for the first couple of hours. Haven't been there much so it was hard to know where to go... anyway we only caught 3 pike. I got two nice sized and buddy got one, just to the boat then it got away on him. We tried for about 6 hours in many different locations with a number of lures.
Ran into a guy who told us about forgetting his anchor down, just a small 20lb anchor and it musta dug in good, the rope never broke but the anchor did on the steel shaft, sheered right off. Good thing nothing else got broken. Jet boaters... :)

Good luck out there Harbercraftguy.

Harbercraftguy
05-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Went out this morning, it was extremely foggy for the first couple of hours. Haven't been there much so it was hard to know where to go... anyway we only caught 3 pike. I got two nice sized and buddy got one, just to the boat then it got away on him. We tried for about 6 hours in many different locations with a number of lures.
Ran into a guy who told us about forgetting his anchor down, just a small 20lb anchor and it musta dug in good, the rope never broke but the anchor did on the steel shaft, sheered right off. Good thing nothing else got broken. Jet boaters... :)

Good luck out there Harbercraftguy.
Thats not quite how it went...LOL
Truth be told fishing was very slow.
Your anchor was unfit for duty.Didnt stand a chance against the Optimax..........

gunned
05-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Serves y'all right for leaving me behind. :mad0100: